Sign in to follow this  
DemonGroover

How Will You Play Standalone Without the Mod's Exploits?

EDIT: Accidental double post.. These computers at work! <_<

Edited by RJTurneR

When I started playing DayZ, and thought that zombies were a threat, I would crawl through towns, when I decided to try to enter at all, doing my best to avoid aggro altogether. If I got aggro, I ran out of town and weaved in and out of trees to lose LOS. Then I found myself in Skalka, where I had a full inventory of gear, food, and drink, all wiped due to a server reset, and was starving and thirsty, so had to run down through Lopatino and eventually Vybor - somehow not dying. In any event, I realized that running at a full clip through towns was rather easy, and you could still lose zombies in buildings, so that changed my tactics significantly. I now run right into/through towns (being wary of players) knowing that I can run through a building or two, or just lure the stubborn followers and take them out patiently. I also use the pine tree exploit especially around NW. So those things would change my tactics back to a more stealthy, patient approach. I laugh when I think that I once belly-crawled for hundreds of meters approaching a town, or crawled through NW.

It's like the liberal democrats and whack job environmentalists telling people they can't do something or can't have something just because they don't like that something.

"It's just like people who tell people they can't do something or have something because they don't like that something."

Fixed. If you think it's democrats and environmentalists ONLY who do that ... welcome to being human.

Also, generally-speaking, laws are enacted with something called a 'rationale' that rarely consists of "because we don't like it." Unless you mean like, you know, gay marriage. In which case, those damn democrats and environmentalists ... oh, wait. Or teaching intelligent design ... oh, wait.

I could go on. It happens across the whole spectrum of political ideology.

• Like 1

I'll still just follow people.

Also, Tek, I'm guessing its fun to shoot players without an apparent reason or cause.

i shall be playing upside down

I just hope the game's survival system gets a decent enough overhaul to justify certain player actions. Let's face it, you get an axe, matches and a canteen and you can survive as long as you want squatting in a bush.

I'd like to kill another player out of necessity to keep my character alive, not just for entertainment value. Same with visiting a city. I want the survival aspect to drive my in game choices, not the boredom aspect forcing me to dick around as squatting in a bush does actually get boring.

KoSing happens because people are bored. I want KoSing to happen because people are starving.

Plus significant fps changes as always xD and the game to be as balanced for lone wolves as it is for gang bangers

Edited by electroban

i'm going to try and be..... ummm..... what its called..fre....frend...friendly... or something like that.

Short answer, find new mechanics to exploit.

Longer answer, learn new zombie mechanics to find easy ways to kill them, if their path finding goes in a straighter line headshots will be easy or I will just run backwards spraying them like a noob. For finding players, look for zombie aggro. I actually look forward to the removal of the zombie spawn feature for persistent zombie spawns. It will make the game more tense to know there is always a chance a player has been hiding in a building the whole time waiting.

• Like 1

Much more close combat and middle ranged combat in pvp. No quick in and out of cities needed.

The idea of zombies not spawning just because a player is nearby is the one thing to be changed that i like the most.

In "reality" if you wanted to know if someone was nearby you would check for any dead zombies, aggroed zombies, gunshots etc. Scouting a town shouldn't be any different to how i do it now, the only major change will be the uncertainty of not knowing if the town is occupied or not.

• Like 1