tocophonic

So I went to the real Chernarus today..

Please tell me you left them there.

Feel free to go there and try your luck... ;)

I say we round up some of our favorite forum buddies here, and make a movie. I'd need a lot of CGI to make it look like there is an ocean, and it'd be a tight budget. But we could do it, and I'm sure some of the people on this forum could use an hour or two outside of their bedroom :P

I would so be in!

Very nice, but no green mountain? It's ok I would have been afraid too! :)

Green mountain (the hill itself) is there, just there's no transmission tower on it, it's but a simple hill with trees. Still, i didnt want to go there. One does not simply go to Green Mountain..

Stunning photos, a massive thanks for sharing Peter. Now I'm keen to know what it looks like at night lit up with flares!

Survivor Peter Silie assigned for next mission. I just need to get access to some red flares and get permission from the local police ;) Damn, how cool that would be..

Is the entire map of Chernarus based off this general area? Eg. if you took Chernarus, border to border, and placed it directly over this area, would it look similar?

Yes, it is. Only the map borders are different and there's no ocean. You can see for yourself here: http://goo.gl/maps/kC81A

• Like 2

Did you have to repair the car or was it fixed when you found it? Good thing you didn't run into any bandits. Imagine how long it would have taken to run back to your body.

Well you probably wouldnt expect so from the pictures, but i just glued together some tires, a tractor engine block and scrap metal - and voila, i had that shiny little car. :D

I think you mean the Chernarus appartments, Elektro doesn't have any.

Also, I was saddened to discover my little brown rancher by the pond in Starry doesn't actually exist. =( I have spent many a nights there.

I think you mean the Chernarus appartments, Elektro doesn't have any.

Also, I was saddened to discover my little brown rancher by the pond in Starry doesn't actually exist. =( I have spent many a nights there.

I'm sorry for your rancher :(

And yes, as i already wrote in the gallery I'm well aware that (in game) there are no apartments in Elektro. The thing is, i found those apartments in Povrly, which is Elektrozavodsk in-game.

I'm sorry for your rancher :(

And yes, as i already wrote in the gallery I'm well aware that (in game) there are no apartments in Elektro. The thing is, i found those apartments in Povrly, which is Elektrozavodsk in-game.

Ah, guess I didn't see that.

It really is amazing though, they did such a wicked job at recreating that environment. Really looking forward to the Sahrani map coming out. My guess is that may have been built from a real world locale.

Quick question, what was the temperature like there?

Quick question, what was the temperature like there?

The day I took the photos it had about 11°C (~52°F) there. It was a pretty cold and rainy spring day all over Middle Europe though.

Lipová (Stary Sobor) is at about 450m AMSL while the "coast" (Povrly) lies at around 130m AMSL.

Edited by Peter Silie
  • Like 1

Fascinating to see the inspiration for the map.

One thing that stands out for me is how dense the real wooded areas are compared to the ingame woods.

The real woods are so dark, whereas the ingame woods are quite light and you can see through them from a distance.

I would like to hope that the devs can add a lot more trees and low foliage or shrubs to the woods to re-create that dark atmosphre, it would work really well in DayZ.

• Like 1

Brilliant shots dude :) Shows the undulating landscape well which is one of my favourite parts of the Chernarus landscape.

• Like 1

hi peter/scavenger... i would love to use some of the screens for illustrations to an article about ivans and matts fieldtrip... hope this is ok with you.

please let me know via email or in this very thread. thanx a lot mate, keep up the good work

cheers

KalleK mydayz.de-content

• Like 1