rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

I'll apologise for not having read the entire thread - sorry :)

I appreciate that pretty much all the issues I'm about to comment one will have been brought up myriad times already.

This is just a "What's happened to me in this patch" post.

* Zombies spotting me a while off (when crouch running). I guess it was that they heard me, now.

* Sometimes it seems an animal I gut has no meat on it - seemed very dependent on the angle I approached/looked at it - has it always been like that? I've never seen it before.

* Approached a dead player on some stairs in control tower at NE Airfield - game locked up completely

* Never had an FPS drop, but I got backed into a shed with about 7 zombies after me.

* At the Dam (in NE) zombies only chased me to the edge of the dam then stood there, until I ran off the dam, then they followed

* Zombies seemed to glitch all over the place, warping in and out of builds when they were trying to get to me inside (didn't get attacked through walls this time, but occasionally they could teleport inside, rather than coming through the door.....

* Zombie pathing to an open door was very poor; they got stuck just on the corner of a building (shed) then did the warping in/out thing.

* Zombies occasionally warp all over the place when they're approaching you - whereas before even though they zigzagged you could still keep track of them. Impossible when they're warping.

* I seem to now need to take painkillers each time a zombie hits me, even if they do no/hardly any damage and I don't bleed. Is this normal?

* Was struck by lots of zombies - never had a bone broken, though I was knocked over/unconscious a couple of times.

* Did not pick up a hatchet; already had one in my inventory - unable to remove it into main inv to use as a weapon? Haven't seen another hatchet anywhere.

* Gathering wood from trees - sometimes possible to gather from a lone tree in an open space, but other times had to be quite far in to a forest for it to work.

* Silenced M4A3 (forget what they're called) rounds seem to have massive inverted bullet drop, i.e. need to aim at knees/feet at about 30 yards to hit zombies in the chest/head. This can't be right?

Think that's about it.

Ive been testing for a little while, and the patch mostly seems good! I think the zombie xray sight is a bit annoying, they spot well to easy. Is it just me or is food still extremely rare? :)

That about harvesting wood in a forrest is not new. You have to be in a forrest area, in the green patches on the map. Walk 10-20 meters into the forrest and it should work.

And about this alpha issue' date=' that's a bit of a defense mechanism by Rocket for everything.

[/quote']

Didn't see him state that. It's more of a defenisve mechanism of those fanboys. Seems like they also love to hide behind 'it's more realistic' when faced with complaints about gameplay that bends the facts of live on planet earth.

Hey, you should learn how to read what you signed up for. Or get the fuck out, people like you on this forum constantly complaining about things in this game that are subject to change. ALSO CALLED A ALPHA. During alpha you add key gameplay functions and mechanics, then later they are revised. If you didn't realize it this is also a mod, stop feeling so entitled and try to contribute to what YOU offered to do.

Stupid patch.

The Zombies are basically superheroes now, in that they run faster than the Flash, have X-Ray vision and can apparently hear me from a mile away.

Without stealth, this game becomes stupid. I watched a guy on a live stream today and the only way he could get any items was to run like a maniac through Cherno, picking up whatever he could in buildings where zombies slow down, then running out and repeating. He eventually died by going into a house which had only one exit, and the exit was covered in zombies which he couldn't hit due to having no weapon.

What I've noticed also, is that the zombies warp around now a lot more than they did before. Not sure what this is about.

Whilst I appreciate that this is a hardcore, hard-mode game, and I prefer starting with next to no items, the Zombie AI is ridiculous right now, and an absolute fun-killer for me.

Here's to 1.7.1.5 coming today.

So what's the update guys, it's clear everyone hates the new zombies, the game has become impossibly hard and is borderline unplayable. Has Rocket commented on this?

So what's the update guys' date=' it's clear everyone hates the new zombies, the game has become impossibly hard and is borderline unplayable. Has Rocket commented on this?

[/quote']

Yes, he has. See his latest thread.

The current zombie aggro behaviour is not intentional and will be fixed. Everyone chill.

Hi everyone.

Bug report?:

Was playing in UK2x servers today. Got this:

* Instaryj Sobor in supermarket there was a HUGE PILE of hatches - like 20-30 units.

* When i was trying to take hatchet it gives me slugs instead...

* Zombies at dear stand sponds too fast - 2min in place and you have all your zombies new around you.

Thank you

My feedback from 1.7.1.1-1.7.1.4

Combination of new zed spotting range + new starting equipment + zeds in buildings transformed this game. Before that after respawn i tried to sneak into urban zones and sneak around zombies to get some loot. Now i just leeeeroy until i get some weapon (usualy being killed few times) and then i just go with my mates and gun and run all zombies. And if you wanted to force ppl to coop you just make it totaly wrong. Now a lot of ppl just train others until they get some loot and after that they will kill you even for your bandages. I don't have anything against pvp and hardcore survival but don't ruin feeling of the game, because then it will turn into mindless shooter with a lot off ppl who will just exploit game mechanic to collect gear. If you cange mechanic of the game remeber to do smaller steps. It's really great that you make so big progress but if you will turn everything up side down it's hard to provide ideas to fix some problems.

Another point...

This patch rewards stupid behaviour. This game shouldn't do that.

* Silenced M4A3 (forget what they're called) rounds seem to have massive inverted bullet drop' date=' i.e. need to aim at knees/feet at about 30 yards to hit zombies in the chest/head. This can't be right?

[/quote']

You might have the wrong zeroing. Hit F and try again.

So what's the update guys' date=' it's clear everyone hates the new zombies, the game has become impossibly hard and is borderline unplayable. Has Rocket commented on this?

[/quote']

He's gonna continue to do what he wants to do, wanna know why? Rocket's the developer your the tester. Now go find bugs.

*furious rambling*

Me thinks you should take a break and read again. :)

Read again? Why would calling this game a alpha be a defense mechanism? You need to read up on how to make a game pal.

Well done Rocket and Dev-Team. This Patch is nice as it is. Just one thing is a little bit strange at all:

Before 1.7.1.4 The Loudness of Running and Crouching and so on was realistic. You lay on the ground and go slowly forward and most of the Zombies didn´t hear you. Now just by standing up and going normally you are as loud as a huge vehicle with full spead and you are seen and taking aggro from over 200m away. Only at night it is a little bit easier to avoid zombies but in the daytime it is almost impossible to sneak behind them because you are making noise like hell also when moving slow and crouched.

Needs a LITTLE bit of adjustment.

The Rest is great so far and it is a big fun to play. Keep going !!!

PS: Everyone needs to rest after hard work. Rocket works more then most other people i know. So this goes to Rocket: Take a break, a big f.cking nice meal and a cold beer !!

Cheers!

Read again? Why would calling this game a alpha be a defense mechanism. You need to read up on how to make a game pal.

Ok i'll restate:

1. I wanted to say that i never read that Rocket defended himself by saying it is an alpha. The guy i replied to states that Rocket did, which i believe is not the case. Of course, it has been stated often and by everyone that this in fact is an alpha. Yes, it is.

2. A stupid defense mechanism is in this case, when you repeat a fact like "zomfg it's an alpha" to defend another fact that is not defendable by it, e.g. "There are so many configurations around that you never know what version you are running on, if it's a bug or an intended feature." . Other cases are: "It's more realistic" to defend lovecraftian darkness on a moonlit night.

.... saying that i would love if tentacles came from the sky and grabbed survivors from the earth ... it would be more hardcore and horror-like ... if it was ever done some people would defend it as being more realistic :P

I play the most oft the time with a friend. And yesterday we learn to play with the new patch 1.7.1.1. We have need some time to learn how the "NEW" Zombies respond. But after a time we have learn that.

And we think that the Zombies reaction in 1.7.1.1 are very good. Because ift they take look at us, then we have to be very careful. And if they dont look at us then we can go faster.

And now with 1.7.1.4 we start from scratch again. Besause the reaction of the zombies are diffrent again. And after a time we dont know waht we make wrong. The Zombies see us like in 1.7.1.1...thats ok. But when they dont look at us then they heard us. That means if we want to go into a town then we can 90% of the time crawl to the buildings. THAT MAKES NO FUN.

What i try to say is that the Zombies in 1.7.1.1 was a challange and we have be very careful. An now in 1.7.1.4 its no challange its impossible.

More over we was going in a house and then zombies wat glitching trough the wall!

@rocket: please make the Zombies how in 1.7.1.1

Because then we can for example creep up to a zombie from the rear and hit him then with a ax or a corwbar.

[/quote']

He's gonna continue to do what he wants to do, wanna know why? Rocket's the developer your the tester. Now go find bugs.

Whoa, take it easy. The guy asked a polite question, no need to be rude. We need to be civil here and let people share their experiences with the build whether or not we agree with what they're saying.

-snip-

Well' date=' thank you. But would you please explain to me how to do it right then? I am not able to move around in a building (2nd floor), sneaking or crawling, without attracting zombies from the street.

Is this realistic in your opinion?

I agree with most if the things you said, but not with insulting people who think this is over the top (which it clearly is).

[/quote']

I'm not insulting those who think it is over the top; it is, which I said. I'm insulting the "impatient morons" who think the game is entirely unplayable because they think sprinting around a town shouldn't aggro anything. Visability IS broken and from what I've read Rocket has said so himself, but in no way is it unplayable. Stop trying to play the game like any other FPS you've ever played. In DayZ, crouching isn't the sneakiest thing you can do. You say you're getting spotted "sneaking" in the second floor of a building, but perhaps you aren't being very sneaky. Even crouch walking I haven't been spotted on the second floor and rarely the first floor, either. Remember, you make noises too. In a town where there is no other noise, your footsteps on the hard wood floors will go right out the glass-less windows. Zombies should/would/could be able to smell as well, so while this isn't taken into consideration in DayZ, you could imagine that some of the "unrealistic" aggros are down to them sniffing you out. After all, when was the last time you took a shower, eh? Dirty bastard. ;)

Dr_Gichtelstein, chill out babe. Your post history is pretty cute, though. Keep trying to troll, you'll get the hang of it eventually.

OMFG this is ridiculous!

75 pages and mostly full of crap to trawl through!!

Cant you guys resist the temptation to enter into meaningless debates on these threads?? There's a whole forum for all the comments and discussion you want have! This thread is for SPECIFIC and BRIEF feedback on the update!

I'm interested in reading what other people are finding with the update, not reading long winded analysis of the game, underwear colors, damaged egos, trolling, flaming, how crap this player is, how great you are, how everyone should just go play hello kitty online etc etc etc, ad infinitum, yawn f'ing yawn!!!

Read the first post and ONLY comment if you have something useful to ADD in brief! nothing else at ALL!

(sorry mods i just couldn't help myself to comment... hope you delete ALL of the crap here inc this post!)

-snip-

Well' date=' thank you. But would you please explain to me how to do it right then? I am not able to move around in a building (2nd floor), sneaking or crawling, without attracting zombies from the street.

Is this realistic in your opinion?

I agree with most if the things you said, but not with insulting people who think this is over the top (which it clearly is).

[/quote']

I'm not insulting those who think it is over the top; it is, which I said. I'm insulting the "impatient morons" who think the game is entirely unplayable because they think sprinting around a town shouldn't aggro anything. Visability IS broken and from what I've read Rocket has said so himself, but in no way is it unplayable. Stop trying to play the game like any other FPS you've ever played. In DayZ, crouching isn't the sneakiest thing you can do. You say you're getting spotted "sneaking" in the second floor of a building, but perhaps you aren't being very sneaky. Even crouch walking I haven't been spotted on the second floor and rarely the first floor, either. Remember, you make noises too. In a town where there is no other noise, your footsteps on the hard wood floors will go right out the glass-less windows. Zombies should/would/could be able to smell as well, so while this isn't taken into consideration in DayZ, you could imagine that some of the "unrealistic" aggros are down to them sniffing you out. After all, when was the last time you took a shower, eh? Dirty bastard. ;)

Dr_Gichtelstein, chill out babe. Your post history is pretty cute, though. Keep trying to troll, you'll get the hang of it eventually.

And you didn't have to be careful when sneaking before this patch? You had to be very careful or you would aggro the zombies. Now you have to be ridiculously careful, like when you know there is a building over the next hill you have to start crawling 100 metres before because zeds can aggro from so far out. That's not fun anymore, it's tedious imo. Maybe some people are so hardcore they have the patience to crawl through everything but I don't, and I really enjoyed the sneaking prior to this patch. Like say, you approach crouch running from a forest, see some zeds. You get closer avoiding LOS and switch to crouch walking in good time, maybe to crawling if there are a lot of them on both sides of you and you can't go round them.

Saying people are playing this like any other FPS is pretty harsh. If anything now people are forced to do that as the sneaking has become so extremely difficult (and tedious).

Greetings fellow survivors.

I want to thank Rocket for such a great mod, its really amazing.

I made this account here because atm, 1.7.1.4 is unplayable for me and i wanted the DayZ team to know about it :). The 1.7.0 was the most stable version in my opinion.

Now addressing the 1.7.1.4

*Zombie Hyperactive Ears: Zombies hear the survivor too much, even at night. The hearing for "crouch running" is too high. While being inside the buildings, the zombies hear you as same as there were no building.

--- Rocket, the problem is that the only way to survive atm is to run into a house while hordes of zombies are chasing you. Which removes the "stealth" ability in this game.

*FPS Problems: I get a lot of FPS spikes after 20min. My logic tells me that it might be something related to dead bodies and spawning loot. I know that this might not be at yours END, and maybe its the problem of the server running on too low CPU, or my comp (i doubt), but Rocket, the most annoying thing isnt Zombies being Hyperactive or what not, its FPS.

*Hatchet Image: Hatchets' look like shotgun shells in the inventory.

That's about it. Rocket what concerns me is the FPS drop. It's unplayable for me atm, i don't really care about the Hyperactive Ear Zombies, just makes it harder, but FPS problems make it UNPLAYABLE.

Good luck with your Mod Rocket and also, have fun with it :).

MrM.