Sign in to follow this  
ThaFatBuddha

Maps or countries you would like to play in

kansas city. it has a few big buildings, mostly residential, pretty spread out, and medium size

I would love Norfolk UK the shape is perfect with seas around 2 sides (N&E)

lots of small towns and villages

several larger towns (Cromer, Yarmouth, Diss, bury St Edmunds and Thetford Kings Lynn. ect ) then you have Norwich a city about 3 X 2.5 miles with an airport

there is a sizable air-force base (lakenheath), as this is UK this would be the only place the get military guns (apart from the odd temp tent base) it would make the NW airfeild look like disneyland

Edited by King Tubbs

There would literally be no guns on a UK map, lol, I don't think civis are allowed firearms in China either.

Certain police units are issued firearms.

http://en.wikipedia...._United_Kingdom

Firearms issued to Authorised Firearms Officers include:

Fairly certain that some shotguns and AK's are owned in the area where I live.. no idea WHO, but I live near manchester. So its fairly safe to suggest that there are some illegal weapons scattered around. While guns are indeed illegal here, I'd bet that in a zombie apocalypse there would prolly be guns in certain areas that have either been dropped by people running/killed/turned into zombies/etc. (though most likely we would just have to resort to melee weapons like my dad's samurai sword)

We dont have firearms amnesty by the police authority every few years for nothing.

Id say that guns and melee weapons would still fit in a dayz scenario in any major city in england. Though perhaps an england version would be more suited to a place like the Catterick Garrison. http://en.wikipedia....terick_Garrison

Im fairly sure that this same logic can be applied to any country in the world really.

I personally would welcome a dayz in england because it would mean lower firearm spawn rates accross the board. Firearms are way too easy to aquire in the mod currently.

Edited by Talibambi
  • Like 1

North Yorkshire, England.

It is very much Like Chernaurus, everytime I am on the M62 I look out for Chopper crash sites (Never find one but usually see an Air Ambulance)

Canada definitely because in the area of canada (Alberta) is choked full of hunters and farmers and most people in the eastern area carry homemade arms

Wut? Most people in the East carry homemade arms? :huh:

I didn't know Canada had it's own Darra...

V7Y6XK5.png

I'd like to see my exact area faithfully modelled, it would be unfeasible though, would require far too many objects.

After all these posts there can be only one conclusion: dayz must be global :)

• Like 1

do you understand how hard map making is? It's taken them a long time to make chernarus plus, I don't think they're going to ditch all that they've done and redo all the loot spawns and everything right now.

do you understand how hard map making is? It's taken them a long time to make chernarus plus, I don't think they're going to ditch all that they've done and redo all the loot spawns and everything right now.

The purpose of this thread is to ask the community what they would like to see in future maps. I may not be a member of the dev team but it's nice to come around and discuss. Anyways who says these maps will HAVE to release on SA? They could release later, as long as SA comes out

After all these posts there can be only one conclusion: dayz must be global :)

This is a really good comment ! Maps (community and official) as well as fan fiction should be settled around the whole world.

• Like 1

Some good ideas here.Id like to see something a bit different,Maybe a jungle/Rainforest?You could have some intersting features such as swamp/marsh areas.Maybe even find an ancient incan temple!Also zombie monkeys.

I like the sound of that :D

This is a really good comment ! Maps (community and official) as well as fan fiction should be settled around the whole world.

What your telling me is that i can fly a plan from Namalsk to Chernarus??????????

What your telling me is that i can fly a plan from Namalsk to Chernarus??????????

No, u could fly a plane from Namalsk to Berlin.

Map seize is technically limited to a maximum seize so you will never see large distance travelling in real time...so no :P . What I mean is a series of smaller maps maybe including somekind of scripted travel system.

I really want a big metro system in a map. With the new torchlight system, it would be badass

Imo New Zealand has great scenery and I think it would be a good sized map for lots of players. Also Rocket made a map in Arma on the Aoraki Mountain.: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13238

I just picked the UK as its nice to see your homeland in the something you like.

What? And someone hasn't ported it yet? That needs to be done.

Edit: I just clicked on the link, that was disappointing.

Edited by Shrimpy223
  • Like 1

I'd like to see a map based on texas (Shotguns galore!)

Also maybe a challenge map in the UK, guns would be exetremely rare, and the only guns you would find would be military grade. Maybe a select few guns in some places by criminals who are now zombies...

Myanmar, sth tropic or mediteran could be a nice setting. What about Afrika or Australia?

Edited by Ken Bean