leviski

New patch coming soon to dayz

Few suggestions:

*make vehicle parts take up more inventory spaces. Currently 6slots for a wheel means you can fit 4 wheels or engines in a big backpack. :lol:

*On that note - you can fit 50 wheels in a tent... thats not right?

*make vehicle parts go from floor to backpack like the changed hatchet and tools

*no stanag rounds,dmr rounds, and other military ammo to be found in industrials or residentials.

*higher infection chance from dirty water

What's the sit rep with the camps that were WIP? - they were amazing!

Edited by thehet

Zeds sensing is being changed on every build the last build had an angle of view set to 275 degrees so yea they spot pretty mad just now.

While we wait for release we may as well keep adding and updating so the build will change while we wait.

Yea!! I'm glad that adjusting the angle of view didn't have adverse effects on performance. But perhaps giving zeds an FoV significantly greater than humans are capable of is a bit much... haha! ;) What happens if you have it at 180 and keep that random chance they won't see you? Does that make them not spot enough?

Stashes are looking great ! Major !

Any ETA for the next patch Razor ? Can't wait ;)

Not until rocket gets back

Why are people talking about camps? what camps?

Zombies need to be slowed down, they need to stop running so erratically and they need their animations fixed so you can tell if they're hitting your or not. Right now they're annoying, they aren't fun and the slightest shot attracts endless numbers of zombies which is annoying. You often feel cheated as well, you can be sneaking and doing everything right and suddenly a zombie from a mile away comes running towards. It's the like I'm going to run through a bush or a building to lose them because shooting them isn't fun or possible unless they slow down and animate right. There is nothing worse than the zombie standing like 5ft away and suddenly hitting you and it's like WTF? The animation either doesn't happen or it launches them forward and it doesn't even look like they hit you. I just think throw more zombies in, slow them down so they ain't Usain Bolt until the animations are fixed.

Right now I think they're the worst part of the game, along with the building interiors. See the problem with speeding them up inside buildings will be you cannot interact with anything, like you cannot close doors for example. so running into a building in real life would be effective, you could just close the door and sneak out of a window. In dayz if they were faster it would be running into a dead end, you cannot protect yourself and you'll have an endless stream of spawning zombies. You need to have more interaction with the world, some buildings let you close doors, however the zombies walk right through them which is dumb and you have these big open windows and you cannot vault out of them....

Really the game needs jump tbh, it would be a simpler way of letting you do more. I don't see why there isn't a jump, I mean humans are pretty nimble, they ain't glued to the ground.

Zombies need to be slowed down, they need to stop running so erratically and they need their animations fixed so you can tell if they're hitting your or not. Right now they're annoying, they aren't fun and the slightest shot attracts endless numbers of zombies which is annoying. You often feel cheated as well, you can be sneaking and doing everything right and suddenly a zombie from a mile away comes running towards. It's the like I'm going to run through a bush or a building to lose them because shooting them isn't fun or possible unless they slow down and animate right. There is nothing worse than the zombie standing like 5ft away and suddenly hitting you and it's like WTF? The animation either doesn't happen or it launches them forward and it doesn't even look like they hit you. I just think throw more zombies in, slow them down so they ain't Usain Bolt until the animations are fixed.

Right now I think they're the worst part of the game, along with the building interiors. See the problem with speeding them up inside buildings will be you cannot interact with anything, like you cannot close doors for example. so running into a building in real life would be effective, you could just close the door and sneak out of a window. In dayz if they were faster it would be running into a dead end, you cannot protect yourself and you'll have an endless stream of spawning zombies. You need to have more interaction with the world, some buildings let you close doors, however the zombies walk right through them which is dumb and you have these big open windows and you cannot vault out of them....

Really the game needs jump tbh, it would be a simpler way of letting you do more. I don't see why there isn't a jump, I mean humans are pretty nimble, they ain't glued to the ground.

All should be fixed/edited in SA.

• Like 1

Yea dude you should see them in the current patch build they are pretty good now, however knowing RAZOR he probably went and put out a new one today that gave them Über flying powers (j/k)

You know me so well.

So blood regen from food is being tested atm and bloodbags system is being looked into

• Like 1

Sweet

Im thinking that the mod might bump the progress of the SA ahead in the future.

Zombies should be slowed down?! really ?! then Dayz will become most stupid and boring gamemod ever made. Threat of zombies are close to zero even if he see me 500m away I don't care .. If I have hatchet i will kill him. I never standing still while aggroed zed standing near me - ofc hes doing something and sooner or later will hit even if animation is not showing that.

What I think - zeds should become 2x faster and more danger that will piss off noobs with sniper rifles

but ok I agree with this "You need to have more interaction with the world, some buildings let you close doors, however the zombies walk right through them which is dumb and you have these big open windows and you cannot vault out of them"

• Like 1

Zombies need to be slowed down

No, they should be faster and stronger. Zombies need to be a real threat. When was the last time a zombie actually killed a non-noob player!?

Aggroing them should be the most dangerous thing ever - in any game ever made :D

Edited by Carry
  • Like 2

No, they should be faster and stronger. Zombies need to be a real threat. When was the last time a zombie actually killed a non-noob player!?

Aggroing them should be the most dangerous thing ever - in any game ever made :D

No matter how harder and stronger you make the zombies, there will always be players capable of beating the zombies and still find a way to KoS you. And as soon as people learn how to, those players will be the vast majority. Unless you make the zombies impossible ofc, but that would be pointless.

Is funny how people wants to fix the problems of Day Z with the mentality of a 5 year old kid: make them stronger!, faster!. Doesnt work? more strenght and speed! Still doesnt? Faster dude, faster!!

This is not a matter of basic patches, you need a much more complex psychology than just a "stronger+faster" botched patch to create a feeling of danger in the player from zombies. An improved AI with walkers will be MUCH MORE dangerous than those idiots Usain Bolts we have now.

Is funny how people wants to fix the problems of Day Z with the mentality of a 5 year old kid: make them stronger!, faster!. Doesnt work? more strenght and speed! Still doesnt? Faster dude, faster!!

This is not a matter of basic patches, you need a much more complex psychology than just a "stronger+faster" botched patch to create a feeling of danger in the player from zombies. An improved AI with walkers will be MUCH MORE dangerous than those idiots Usain Bolts we have now.

I guess you have never played DZS (dynamic zombie sandbox) mod - in that mod zeds are really pain in ass! - you can run of them ofc but fighting horde of zeds is painful, even more when you know - 3 hits and you are dead.

Improved walkers :D yeah sounds very dangerous ... If I will fall asleep from boring then yeah they are super dangerous.

walkers can be dangerous only if they are 1000 attacking at once and you running out of ammo. Or they trapped you very narrow corridor.

But yeah i agree - Hardcore KOS(ers) will not stop even if zeds will move in light speed and will be able to kill you from 10m. They saw player they shoot and does not matter they got killed 3 seconds after they shoot

Yeah the large portion of KoS is still going to happen regardless of zambie mechanics.

Blah

Totally Disagree.

That's wrong on so many levels.

Firstly from a logic standpoint they aren't the undead, they are infected human beings, they should have human characteristics not super human strength or speed.

They should only really be a threat in numbers, that is their strength along with persistence.

Their speed is fine and I agree with Miffy their unpredictability (the zig zagging, the attacking through walls, the random agrro levels, the hits from distance etc.) is very annoying and needs fixing. These are simpleton creatures with one fixation, they are therefore stupid, more stupid than animals and should act that way. Their lust for flesh determines their actions and they will pursue it as their goal regardless of what happens to them, i.e taking damage, falling to their death etc.

Day Z's appeal is not the zombies, it's the post apocalyptic world and the players in it, how they react and the freedom the environment gives to players to choose how they want to play that appeals.

Zombies should never be the main threat because that takes away the multiplayer element, you'll end up with a boring singleplayer zombies game.

I also disagree about the threat, I see plenty of well tooled up players that have clearly died to Zombies, I've almost been killed several times by being too careless near them. Plus they play a huge role in PvP, As an example me and a mate were stalking a sniper on the NW airfield who had shot at our chopper. Both of us were extremely careful not to aggro any Zombies because it gives away your position, plus taking Zombie hits during a firefight can quicken your death.

They need to fix the zombie weirdness to make them more predictable. They also need to make the zombie's more peristent, you should have to work harder than run through some trees to loose them. Faster, Stronger, super visions etc, is not needed and will make the game silly IMO.

• Like 2

Totally Disagree.

Firstly from a logic standpoint they aren't the undead, they are infected human beings, they should have human characteristics not super human strength or speed.

They should only really be a threat in numbers, that is their strength along with persistence.

Their speed is fine and I agree with Miffy their unpredictability (the zig zagging, the attacking through walls, the random agrro levels, the hits from distance etc.) is very annoying and needs fixing. These are simpleton creatures with one fixation, they are therefore stupid, more stupid than animals and should act that way. Their lust for flesh determines their actions and they will pursue it as their goal regardless of what happens to them, i.e taking damage, falling to their death etc.

Day Z's appeal is not the zombies, it's the post apocalyptic world and the players in it, how they react and the freedom the environment gives to players to choose how they want to play that appeals.

Zombies should never be the main threat because that takes away the multiplayer element, you'll end up with a boring singleplayer zombies game.

I also disagree about the threat, I see plenty of well tooled up players that have clearly died to Zombies, I've almost been killed several times by being too careless near them. Plus they play a huge role in PvP, As an example me and a mate were stalking a sniper on the NW airfield who had shot at our chopper. Both of us were extremely careful not to aggro any Zombies because it gives away your position, plus taking Zombie hits during a firefight can quicken your death.

They need to fix the zombie weirdness to make them more predictable. They also need to make the zombie's more peristent, you should have to work harder than run through some trees to loose them. Faster, Stronger, super visions etc, is not needed and will make the game silly IMO.

^This. No more needs to be said! Bravo sir :)

Clearly some of you haven't played dayz+ for more than 10 mins, because of the insane zombie damage resulting in death after 7-8hits and possible knockout after 2 hits 50% of players were willing to help each other and team up which is far better than the 1% in other dayz modes

And before you say dayz is nothing without pvp, I agree, but the game is far better with an equal balance

For a solo player, most players needed others in dayz+ because zombies were a real threat when you were alone

One mistake could end you easily, there were still bandits but only the best ones

All the noob bandits found it too hard which brings me to another point, it's a survival mod and your counter arguments to some of these posts from bandits are saying not to make zombies harder, obviously you only play on start with as50 servers and 90 million plus verchiles

Man up and accept it, this isn't meant to be a walk in the park, standalone is gonna be hard, eiether accept it and adapt or die and start some " too hard to snipe bambis coz zombis r 2 hard" threads when the standalone comes out

This game needs to be brutal, every playstyle punished and every moment spent scared to death that one wrong move will bring down a horde that will tear you apart in seconds or draw another player nearby

Easy zombies make it easy for bandits and hard for others

Harder zombies make it harder for all players, just by making zombies more powerful wont make the game boring, pvp will be there but only the strong can survive

You just like to get easy kills, any challenge to that routine turns you off the game

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1

Totally Disagree.

What your are saying doesn't make Zeds a threat but nuisance which they currently are. They give away my position and keep me on a constant move while looting towns. Well I suppose they could kill me if I'd let them.

EDIT

I forgot to say I don't disagree with you conclusion, just don't think Zeds pose any kind of threat in their current state.

Edited by Ypsan

In my opinion, already delivered a lot of times... Z's should be a threat especially for those people that choose a noisy approach to the game. Shooting everything (the other people or the tin cans or whatever) should cause Z's alert and a growing increase of their presence near the noise source. And eventually force the player to leave the area because of an intense and overwhelming undead/infected activity.

Furthermore the capability to run indefinitely should be instead limited to a short while (with the obvious implications of doing it with a load on the shoulders).

In my opinion KOS and other player's behaviours should be considered as an integral part of the environment. The most important thing is to be aware about the consequences of every action performed in game without the possibility to take advantage of every kind of game bug or glitch.