leviski

New patch coming soon to dayz

I really think you're pleasing a vocal minority and hope that Rocket gets back, he puts a stop to this like he did the street lights.

Well considering that Rocket has no intention of including .50 cals in SA or any high end military weapons I see no reason for him to have any problem with this at all.

Well considering that Rocket has no intention of including .50 cals in SA or any high end military weapons I see no reason for him to have any problem with this at all.

You got a source for that? I haven't read that anywhere. All I've read is that they are re-modelling all the weapons so there will only be a limited number of them on initial release.

You got a source for that? I haven't read that anywhere. All I've read is that they are re-modelling all the weapons so there will only be a limited number of them on initial release.

'It's not going to be about advanced weaponry. The only advanced weapons that are going to be in are the ones with attachments'.

That's what Rocket said at PAX.

I think that's the one RedNome is on about

• Like 1

Not a written source no, but a certain popular Twitch/Youtuber that I won't advertise spent about 3 days with Dean and Matt at PAX and obviously spent a large part of that time questioning them about SA, that amongst many other things was one that was confirmed to him.

That's the best I can do for you man, I appreciate it is second hand info as such so your call what you do with that info.

Edit: Ninja'd by R4ZOR, forgot about that quote, I guess that backs up what I passed on.

Edited by RedNome

Why are you so attached to those guns? I'm truly curious.

Why not just play ARMA 3 if all you're into is military toys. DayZ is about surviving the zombie apocalypse in a remote industrial area with a few small port cities. There probably wouldn't even be a military base that you could reach on foot in reality let alone AS50s laying around. In my humble opinion game play is far more interesting without them. I think all military grade gear should be extremely rare.

• Like 1

Just a thought..... But I still see a lot of fake heroes, there's nothing to stop groups blood bagging each other and shooting each other to gain a hero skin to get humanity

Any chance of a system where you only gain lets say humanity 2 times for each player you encounter

So you heal someone 2 times and gain a few hundred humanity but then There's a cool down of 1 hour before you will gain humanity from healing that same person again

This might see a decrease in fake hero skins

This is actually a great idea. I say you only gain humanity for blood bagging someone once.

We cant please everyone :-(

Well, I think ya'll are doing a hell of a job man. This update looks fantastic. Thanks for all your hard work and remember...

haters gonna hate.

• Like 1

I feel as if Day Z is going a bit "easy-mode" with some of these changes. The .50 cals being removed is questionable and not as someone who's used them but rather someone who's had the panic of hearing an m107 go off on a relatively quiet run in Cherno. In terms of pure "sonic intimidation" none of the weapons currently in the mod can compare to that.

And if anything, again the humanity system should be removed not revamped. Purely in the spirit of authenticity. You don't look at a guy from 200 m out and say "Well he's dangerous" or "he's a good sort" based solely on what he's wearing. I'd rather see the skins (all of them) be put into the game as items. So if you're a bandit and want it known you're a bandit, you can go find a bandit skin and put it on.

Also, giving everyone Makarovs is something that was already tried as far as I recall and it didn't help things at all. Not to mention it detracts that initial "I'm totally vulnerable" experience one has when they're a fresh spawn and, before anyone says "Well if you want that experience, just drop your makarov" That's silly and you're silly for suggesting it. Willfully dropping tools isn't going to emulate the experience of not having them in the first place.

And what happens when people are complaining about how easily they're killed by DMR's and M24's? Because removing the AS50's and M107's isn't going to magically improve the habits of the players who were consistently getting sniped. Sure, it'll require a bit (not a whole lot really) more skill to kill them, but that whole hierarchy will still be there. The way I see it going, people will complain, and first the weapons will be made more rare, then people who already had them will hoard them and their use will be even more effective because people without them will be less-capable of fighting back, and eventually the "outrage" will reach the point that they too are removed.

Edit- Added Makarov and sniper bits

Edited by Dekartz
  • Like 1

I'm kind of upset about the removal of the AS50 and the M107, because i never found one hahaha. But, the AS50 and M107 were scary. When i am going through Elektro and I hear someone shoot it, I run as fast as I can to cover. That was something that I think was pretty cool, just HEARING someone shoot it scared the hell out of you. I think I will need to actually use the crafting system before I really can decide if it is good or not. I don't like the removal of all military weapons with attachments though. If you go to a military base, wouldn't there be SOME weapons with attachments?

Edited by R-Dog2422

Why not just play ARMA 3 if all you're into is military toys. DayZ is about surviving the zombie apocalypse in a remote industrial area with a few small port cities. There probably wouldn't even be a military base that you could reach on foot in reality let alone AS50s laying around. In my humble opinion game play is far more interesting without them. I think all military grade gear should be extremely rare.

LMAFOOOO

There are a total of like 4 guns in ARMA 3 >.>

Agreed, military loot should be rare, not removed. I have to admit, since the last patch, we've encountered absolutely ZERO AS50s at crash sites. It's so rare that I'm often asked if they've been completely removed. I personally find sitting on a hill sniping other players to be absolutely boring, but it shouldn't mean items in the game should be banned simply because I'm always sitting on the recieving end of an M107. The game offers many different aspects of gameplay and whether you enjoy murdering players, building a camp, hoarding vehicles, or collecting loot none should be removed or frowned upon.

I'm not blind to the vision the developers want, but if spending your time walking around for hours or days yields nothing more than tin cans and a Winchester, it's probably going to get dull rather quickly.

I'm kind of upset about the removal of the AS50 and the M107, because i never found one hahaha. But, the AS50 and M107 were scary. When i am going through Elektro and I hear someone shoot it, I run as fast as I can to cover. That was something that I think was pretty cool, just HEARING someone shoot it scared the hell out of you. I think I will need to actually use the crafting system before I really can decide if it is good or not. I don't like the removal of all military weapons with attachments though. If you go to a military base, wouldn't there be SOME weapons with attachments?

I believe this is one of the best aspects of the game. The fear you might be shot at any moment or the feeling your being watched adds to the tension. Knowing it isn't a big deal to simply wander the streets and the fact that your chance of survival is increased after being plugged with multiple rounds detracts from the overall experience.

• Like 1

I'm wondering who even need this DayZ SA?

While dayzteam talking other teams are working.

Playing vanilla DayZ now it's just as boring comparing to DayZ Namalsk, Origins or Breaking Point as playing tetris.

DayZ vanilla is stagnating, there's no any real milestones reached for whole year, it's just DayZ from May 2012 with couple of extra features and slightly improved perfomance. You can (like one year ago) only kill and collect loot. There's no any gameplay enchances for whole year, and everything, what can devs do for sure - it's just nerf and remove weapons.

From 2012 to 2013 project have same problems:

- hackers/dupers;

- combat reloggers;

- absense of any social goals for teams other than just kill everything on sight;

And nothing done about it in vanilla.

Why i'm still can't shoot with my big dirty military oneshooter some pussy who wearing pink shirt with mark "COMBAT RELOGGER" somewhere in Chernarus on public? Is this needs too complex programming? Or big scale server resources?

DayZ had a good start, brought zeds in trend, but then just have stopped.

Edited by BAPBAP

I keep hearing mention of ''the old bandit skin'' while it sounds like some form of groin disease I am keen to see a picture of this relic. can anyone provide one?

I keep hearing mention of ''the old bandit skin'' while it sounds like some form of groin disease I am keen to see a picture of this relic. can anyone provide one?

k52zk.png

• Like 3

Playing vanilla DayZ now it's just as boring comparing to DayZ Namalsk, Origins or Breaking Point as playing tetris.

DayZ vanilla is stagnating, there's no any real milestones reached for whole year, it's just DayZ from May 2012 with couple of extra features and slightly improved perfomance. You can (like one year ago) only kill and collect loot. There's no any gameplay enchances for whole year, and everything, what can devs do for sure - it's just nerf and remove weapons.

From 2012 to 2013 project have same problems:

- hackers/dupers;

- combat reloggers;

- absense of any social goals for teams other than just kill everything on sight;

And nothing done about it in vanilla.

Why i'm still can't shoot with my big dirty military oneshooter some pussy who wearing pink shirt with mark "COMBAT RELOGGER" somewhere in Chernarus on public? Is this needs too complex programming? Or big scale server resources?

DayZ had a good start, brought zeds in trend, but then just have stopped.

Hsve you tried any of the other mods? origins for instance. Failing that you could go play warz. <_<

Try to read first and to write later next time, friend.

You missed the point. It's not necessarily about the guns themselves, but about having something to aim for once I'm geared up. The mod is lacking in content atm.

And don't presume to tell me what games I should and shouldn't play, or how I should play them.

Edited by WelshWizard

Ok to clear this up the only weapons being removed are the M107 and AS50. All military weapons with any attachment have just been removed from the loot tables.

Ok to clear this up the only weapons being removed is the M107 and AS50 all military weapons with any attachment have just been removed from the loot tables.

Good to hear. Personally I think DayZ should add in the Lapua to replace them (the green L115A2). The damage would need to be brought down to Lapua levels first though, it's essentially a hit 26 .50 cal right now.

I'm glad they are gone.

For me Dayz vanilla is kinda what dayz really is and why it becomes so popular, all other variations of Dayz is kinda close to stupid.

When I want more of every thing I choose some other arma2 mods like wasteland, domination, MSO ....

Nonstop action is not what I want to see in Dayz.

Im not really sure about how I feel about removing the AS50 and M107, they are extremely powerful guns and in the right hands can be devastating, but in the server I play in which has normal loot tables my group of 6 has only ever found a couple of them. The pure fear and adrenaline that you feel when you hear an AS50 shot fly past your head will be gone and people wont really have to worry as much raiding high value areas. I think putting a limit of 2 or 3 of each per map would be nice.

The main problem I see with completely removing them is that helicopters will have almost nothing to fear anymore so they will just dominate the map.

Also, removing the .50 cals wont change player behavior, it will just make it so more people will use DMRs and M24s.

Im not really sure about how I feel about removing the AS50 and M107, they are extremely powerful guns and in the right hands can be devastating, but in the server I play in which has normal loot tables my group of 6 has only ever found a couple of them. The pure fear and adrenaline that you feel when you hear an AS50 shot fly past your head will be gone and people wont really have to worry as much raiding high value areas. I think putting a limit of 2 or 3 of each per map would be nice.

The main problem I see with completely removing them is that helicopters will have almost nothing to fear anymore so they will just dominate the map.

Also, removing the .50 cals wont change player behavior, it will just make it so more people will use DMRs and M24s.

Aren't Heli's being removed?

Edit: Or maybe that was just on a private server.

Edited by thehet