mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 15th April Highest one ever

Nice info... at least this will sate the impatient ones appetite for information. For now. Give them a week to begin to clamor for Dean's flesh like the Z's in the game like they were doing for the past weeks... or maybe they'll just come into consensus and eat Matt alive. Maybe they'll use ketchup. Or Marmite. Yuck.

Get your beans packed up, Matt and run to the UK while you still can. Mr. Hall is way too far away to be eaten by the impatient masses. And I don't think they like their meat frozen solid. (I kid, my best wishes to Rocket):P

Nice way to kick off the week. There's only two things to say to this:

HELL YEAH!

and

Good luck Rocket, I hope everything goes well up there!

I'm sorry for shouting but it's either that or jizzing my pants.

New building? Sounds interesting... the hype is over 9000 (for me at least)!

What's that white around your nose and mouth icemoto? Indeed the highest one.. ;)

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

I guess the new secret place is a prison or maybe a supermarket or a cave. I'm pretty sure those things were mentionned before.

Take your time guys, we don't want another WarZ. Already sounding pretty cool

I and all russian community swallow saliva pending translation of this sweet devblog... :unsure:

• Like 3

I guess you could say Dean was so high when he wrote this.... I'll just show myself out...

• Like 3

Hi Matt,

Where were you one, one and a half year ago, before you got headhunted to the Czech Republic, I mean career wise? I don't know if you've had time to reflect on this much, since this thing took off like a rolling snowball, but I just think it's great to see you're on top of things, while Rocket's fooling around on some mountain somewhere. I guess I wanted to congratulate you on this pretty amazing endeavor and tell you to take it slow and easy. :)

• Like 1

When he have said : I am going high,i actualy thought he is going to climb something. Then i saw all the white powder on his nose....hmmmm.

Nice to see things still chugging along, not a whole lot of info there that we didn't know already, granted.

It would be great if there were a few sewers and/or underground bunkers incorporated into Chernarus. Think Object A2 on Namalsk style.

• Like 1

New building? Sounds interesting... the hype is over 9000 (for me at least)!

I think it's prison.

Now that is more like it!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I wont bitch for a Month, If we get anything before May it’s a bonus.

What’s that new building? Its great we have some meat to talk about!

You know if its a Prison someone will lock players up and leave them :)

Bolshoi Theatre would be a new one but you just dont get that kind of thing in small towns :(

Edited by sav112
  • Like 1

Hi Matt,

Where were you one, one and a half year ago, before you got headhunted to the Czech Republic, I mean career wise? I don't know if you've had time to reflect on this much, since this thing took off like a rolling snowball, but I just think it's great to see you're on top of things, while Rocket's fooling around on some mountain somewhere. I guess I wanted to congratulate you on this pretty amazing endeavor and tell you to take it slow and easy. :)

Hey Dallas,

Before DayZ started I was a first year student of Politics at Manchester Metropolitan University, home brewing cider in my room. It has been a crazy time and a very steep learning curve Sadly at the moment I'm spending all my time focusing on the present and close future I rarely get time to reflect, when I do it makes me proud of what we have achieved so far and enthusiastic about the future of DayZ as this is one of the games I've always wanted to play.

• Like 20

Ack! I'm suddenly reading every post in Rocket's voice. Even as I write this, I hear it in his voice!

Thanks for the devblog; glad to hear that it's progressing so well! Looking forward to the screenshots. :)

• Like 2

Nice to see Dean still cares for us plebs :P

Loads to like here, really interested to see how the radios work. Not sure they will work as a trap or to guard your base that we'll due to the vast majority of player using things like TS3 etc. Athough the prospects for scaring the life out of new spawns while watching from a safe distance will be emmense. :)

Edited by DazTroyer

Where's the next dev blog? It's been minutes since the last one? Surely Rocket's finished his climb by now, it's almost tea time.

A nice long hard blog. Good stuff.

I'll be interested to see the external art cell's work *jealous*

I think it would have been very very easy for R not to have bothered with a blog from close to base camp as even simple things are tough to do at that altitude (albeit good press), so I hope some of the naysayers are hushed for a little time.

Patience is key.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 10

I love reading things with Rocket's accent, it makes them more enjoyable to analyse. "JAI DIS IS DE NIU DEB-BLEG BAI REKET"

Edited by Guisho

You know if its a Prison someone will lock players up and leave them :)

Didn't a rumour happen a while ago, stating a Prison on Utes Island? weren't they going to remove the airfield and put a prison on in it's place?

I rack my brain for other relevent buildings but can't imagine anything else bar a Vodka factory or a glue factory! (Neigh!!)