Sign in to follow this  
Powell (DayZ)

No "classic" servers running? (~1.5.X)

I have searched for quite a while for a vanilla server except running the 2nd-old starter gear (makarov w/ 6 mags + 2 bandages. 2 morphine, 2 cans of beans, 1 bundle of flares, 1 painkiller, 1 full water bottle, and patrol pack.) No toolbelt items - original started with a revolver

There is not a single one existing to my knowledge. Why is is that some server owners give ridiculous starter but not the simple old school gear?

Everything is "24/7 THIS" or "spawn with map!" or even "we have AI bandits!" and all this other crap. Where's the normal?

I miss the bean wars.

If anyone knows a server like this or can create one, pm me or simply reply. Otherwise, let this thread die

Because people haven't gotten the memo, here is a lazy screencap of the old loadout:

35mp2j6.png

Edited by Powell

Mine is somewhat Vanilla, with a few features that dont really break the hardcore barrier, its understandable if its not what your looking for xD But it is pretty hard!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/129613-exile-gamingus-hardcore-custom-buildings-lowered-loot-spawns-95-vehicles-2-helicopters-respectful-admins/

Edited by *Exile* Sami

Mine is somewhat Vanilla, with a few features that dont really break the hardcore barrier, its understandable if its not what your looking for xD But it is pretty hard!

http://dayzmod.com/f...pectful-admins/

yeah that doesn't really work. The server I'm looking for has the starter gear I listed and nothing else really modified. No "full moon nights/all day" or "extra loot spawns", not saying your server does that or anything

Edited by Powell

From what I've seen, most of the new generation of DayZ survivors are here for the PvP with rare weapons, aircraft, etc.

We try to keep the survival aspect very challenging on our server, but have noticed a few players complaining or leaving simply because it's "hard"

If there's enough interest in a true "Classic" server, we'd be happy to put one up. Feel free to PM me about details.

All I want to start with is a hunting knife, 1 canteen, patrol pack and a box of matches. Anything else is gravy :P

Edited by Talibambi

All I want to start with is a hunting knife, 1 canteen, patrol pack and a box of matches. Anything else is gravy :P

you can do that right now! just grab your backpack throw an empty bottle in there and ur kitchen knife and have yourself an adventure living off the neighbors pets... on second thought, maybe not

Edited by RayPugh

I like gravy.

I have named my clan server "Classic" :P But you start with Makarov+1 mag, Painkillers, 2 Bandages, the patrol pack, Beans and a Pepsi.

The server isnt ready yet so there is no one on it atm. We have been having some problems with auto restarts and vehicle spawns (We want 45-50 but its kinda stuck at 75).

I have searched for quite a while for a vanilla server except running the 2nd-old starter gear (makarov w/ 6 mags + 2 bandages. 2 morphine, 2 cans of beans, 1 bundle of flares, 1 painkiller, 1 full water bottle, and patrol pack.) No toolbelt items - original started with a revolver

The Wireworld UK server is running v1.7.7 a few weeks earlier than the public release (see signature).

This version has still got the v1.7.4 initial loadout, but loot appears to be more generous in this patch, so it's quite easy to get all the basics and a good weapons before you leave the cities without too much hard work. The zombies aggro easily, but they are also easy to lose.

Edited by Anti

try www.irongiantism.com, vanilla set up with a few tweaks, you start with torch, bandage and painkillers, heli crash sites are random making then harder to find.

Does have full mooon script but if it's cloudy then tough it's dark.

I don't think you guys are getting my post

Is this just a pipe dream? Not a single server runs this set up anymore

Hello there

I thought BB put up a vanilla one alongside their others as I believe Sula was petitioning for it. I had assumed it was a Makarov one.

Rgds

LoK