rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.3

Excellent work on fixing those bugs that fast, it's nearly unbelievably. Thank to rocket and his whole team.

Will the next fix sort the server crashes out?

Read the fix list on First Post.

100$ says you fuck up again.

100$ on the subject of you being an asshole. I'll pm you my bank account number.

I have respawned a couple of times with no gear at all, not even a backpack.

Sorry if this is already a well known bug, I hadn't had it happen before.

Could we try to not have as many hotfixes? I understand you're fixing things that need to be fixed (no food/water), server crash due to melee weapon magazine bug, etc., but once things like those are fixed I'd prefer (maybe most of us would?) to wait a little longer for the next update. We're gonna be on 1.7.1.3 now and there are still servers running 1.7.0 making it difficult not only to find a server with enough space for me and my friends, is daytime, and has 3rd person on in addition to the huge lack of server selection simply due to version.

I get that, but i cant see if there is a fix or not?

Could we try to not have as many hotfixes? I understand you're fixing things that need to be fixed (no food/water)' date=' server crash due to melee weapon magazine bug, etc., but once things like those are fixed I'd prefer (maybe most of us would?) to wait a little longer for the next update. We're gonna be on 1.7.1.3 now and there are still servers running 1.7.0 making it difficult not only to find a server with enough space for me and my friends, is daytime, and has 3rd person on in addition to the huge lack of server selection simply due to version.

[/quote']

they're running 1.7.0 because all these hot fixes are needed due to game breaking bugs

As for oddities:

- I seem to drop all my ammo when taking any 'special' item (compass' date=' watch, knife, matches, etc.). This might be a bug?

[/quote']

I also have this - I drop my ammo when taking new weapons or special items..

I get that' date=' but i cant see if there is a fix or not?

[/quote']

Can't you people freaking read? This has been answered before in the thread and rocket mentions it in the first post!

[FIXED] Melee items causing magazine glitching and eventual server death (fixed)

100$ says you fuck up again.

No need for that mate.

So does anyone have an idea of the E.T.A. of 1.7.1.3? And it's nice to see all these bugs/glitches being fixed almost as soon as they are reported.

I was only kidding guys, calm your tits.

But good work on the quick plans for a fix for the issues, its great to see you guess working so quickly to keep things running smoothly..

1.7.1.x needs a little sound tweak: some of the new zombie sounds and the old sounds don't seem normalized well against each other, which makes it difficult to accurately judge distance from sound alone; something that when crawling constitutes a core game play mechanic. Fix: re-normalize all the zombie sounds so they all leave the same amount of headroom.

Could we try to not have as many hotfixes? I understand you're fixing things that need to be fixed (no food/water)' date=' server crash due to melee weapon magazine bug, etc., but once things like those are fixed I'd prefer (maybe most of us would?) to wait a little longer for the next update. We're gonna be on 1.7.1.3 now and there are still servers running 1.7.0 making it difficult not only to find a server with enough space for me and my friends, is daytime, and has 3rd person on in addition to the huge lack of server selection simply due to version.

[/quote']

No offense mate, but I think fixing stuff that's really broken is more important than you and your friends not being able to play for a day. Most servers will be updated within a day or two after a stable version update. Don't forget it's an Alpha you're playtesting; stuff like this is to be expected.

[/quote']

Large patches like 1.7.1 that took a few weeks of develop time are going to be the ones with ginormous game-breaking bugs. In fact a series of smaller more frequent releases would be easier to identify and fix bugs with. The ideal scenario is a nightly build.

* [FIXED] Melee items causing magazine glitching and eventual server death (fixed)

Something to do with this?

- 1.7.1.2 server crashed. I come back. And my M4A1 camo SD, NVG, GPS, Wirekit, Toolbox, M9 is gone. Inventory has items that i didn't have. Also i start with Makarov in my hand. I was middle of the forest. Weird that only the good stuf was removed by a bug? Backpack was still there with all the items in it.

NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT: MELEE WEAPONS ARE QUITE UNDER POWERED CURRENTLY. THEY WILL BE ADJUSTED UPWARDS OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. EACH HAVE DIFFERENT DAMAGE VALUES.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uCmzckaaDk#t=01m15s

http://qkme.me/3prqle