rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.3

rocket,

What is causing the ATVs to bounce around on certain areas, for example near hills?

I had my bus lights fail on me yesterday, they would not turn on (even though the action menu offered me the option to turn the off) no matter what I did. Is this intentional?

Also, what exactly is wrong with helicopters and when can we expect to see them rolling out to all servers?

I found two gray crashed hueys yesterday (first two I ever found).

Never seen a repairable helo.

That is called a heli crash site. some of the rarest weapons spawn there..

Thank you rocket. I know there are some people who bitch and whine. Piss on them for doing so! You're doing a damn fine job! I've never had such fun playing a game and an alpha version at that! Thanks again for the mod, and all your fixes and added content.

Just wanted to say I think the melee weapons (once un-buggified) are pretty boss. I like how if you want a melee weapon you can't have a primary rifle - makes it so that if you want to go unheard by other players you have to give up firepower. Nice job.

seeing new code beeing pushed so quick makes me excited :P

Some people still don't get the term alpha :/

Remember, we are the testers we aren't the customers !

So don't get pissed and start swearing at the dev's if something doesn't go as planned.

Be constructive and useful with your feedback

I've been getting:

This server is running an incorrect version of server side application. For all servers. Crash happened when I was in game at a helicopter crash site, not right after an update or anything like that.

I hope I don't lose my ghillie suit!

' pid='143965' dateline='1340112791']

Some people still don't get the term alpha :/

And some who say stuff like that don't get it either (not necessarily including you). There's room for improvement on both ends.

Is there anything we can do about servers that re-enable the global and side chat? I've played on quite a few servers that were 1.7 and later' date=' and requiring the latest beta patch, yet had side and global chat enabled for everyone. I'm not sure if it's caused by them running 1.7 with an old version of the mission file (if this is even possible) or if they are manually editing said mission file to enable the chat. If its the latter, it seems that it should be grounds for those servers being blacklisted, since modifying the official files is supposed to be a no-no as far as I'm aware.

[/quote']

To add on to this. Anyway to get mission file changes along with updates? So when joining servers we have a better idea of what is updated on that server or not?

I'd like to know as much of what is going on as possible, you know? Like what tone mapping values you used in the mission file to overwrite the ones from the beta patch, etc. edit: Also, is there going to be a time when servers are normalized? So that all servers have to meet certain criteria (all updates must be applied, etc) to be able to host DayZ?

Might I suggest to you Rocket that you spend a couple of days fixing the biggest bugs we have so far to make a somewhat stable 1.8 update - then take a 2 week holiday (if work allows, maybe disappear from forums and public pressure at least) and see what issues come up during that time.

Don't burn yourself out is all I'm saying - this game was fun when it started and fiddling around with loot tables won't change that over much. Take a little step away from the game, and you will see what really needs fixing/adding. Maybe make a plan of planned features and when you intend to implement them by.

I realise this is Alpha but you are treating it like it has already released with the sheer amount of updates to fix game breaking bugs, as if we deserve daily updates. Your health deserves better.

Remember quality over quantity!

Shot in the dark here Rocket but are we likely to be seeing Helicopters returning to game any time soon?

Hi Rocket, I have no idea if this has been posted yet, but there is a bug that seems to occur when picking up certain items. I'm at work and don't have the screenshot, but I tried to pick up some ammo, and when I put something back in the gear pile because I needed room, the inventory kind of blew up. It scattered bags all over the place and reported something like 17 crowbars and 8 hatchets - none of which I could move into my inventory.

I haven't had time to repro, but just thought I'd mention it.

Rocket, with the return of fixable choppers, will servers be spawning/respawning them or just the legacy 'left over' choppers will be the only ones available to repair?

Edit: Sorry, this was just asked a few posts above, in a more vague sense.

Might I suggest to you Rocket that you spend a couple of days fixing the biggest bugs we have so far to make a somewhat stable 1.8 update - then take a 2 week holiday (if work allows' date=' maybe disappear from forums and public pressure at least) and see what issues come up during that time.

Don't burn yourself out is all I'm saying - this game was fun when it started and fiddling around with loot tables won't change that over much. Take a little step away from the game, and you will see what really needs fixing/adding. Maybe make a plan of planned features and when you intend to implement them by.

I realise this is Alpha but you are treating it like it has already released with the sheer amount of updates to fix game breaking bugs, as if we deserve daily updates. Your health deserves better.

Remember quality over quantity!

[/quote']

Well said

Hi Rocket' date=' I have no idea if this has been posted yet, but there is a bug that seems to occur when picking up certain items. I'm at work and don't have the screenshot, but I tried to pick up some ammo, and when I put something back in the gear pile because I needed room, the inventory kind of blew up. It scattered bags all over the place and reported something like 17 crowbars and 8 hatchets - none of which I could move into my inventory.

I haven't had time to repro, but just thought I'd mention it.

[/quote']

Yes, this has been posted. It's apparently particularly bad with the new hatchet/axe. THe bugs are starting to interbreed!!!!

when the patch is expected? These axes break the server every 10 minutes. may be easier to temporarily turn them off and give the opportunity to play and not wait for another day the next patch of the global total?

Hatchets and Melee.

Bugs/oversights:

-Bullet/decal is still present.

-Attachment point is not respected in regards to transforms during many animations ( No inheritance ).

-Need to reload is still present.

-ArmA 2 guns are checked from the chamber, the location of the chamber on melee needs to be looked at. Does not match cross hair, or blade/working edge of the object.

-Severe knock back at times.

Observations:

This item needs to be a equipable weapon ( Like guns/flashlights ), current method of attack non-intuitive/clunky.

wow they just keep comn woOtnesS alround ! []===[]:::::::::::::::::> and STABBING

I was going to post on the Post Report site, but im not sure if it is actually a bug or not... so I will post it here...

The zombie speed, can it be fixed?? those creatures look like superman running throught the whole map...

I don't suppose our characters are retrievable? Lost an M14 AIM, GPS, rangefinder and pistol was replaced by a makarov.