Pokerguy12

Will Snipers Be Removed Or At Least Tweaked In S.A?

Remove all vehicles.

Why? In a zombie apocalypse cars will still be outside houses and in garages and even rarer in chernarus because apparently they changed at same time.

There is no denying it. Sniping is simply to easy at this point in time.

My personal opinion is to remove the sniper rifles all together. It is so much more fun playing on private hives without them. There is nothing more retarded or frustrating then walking along minding your own buisness and being shot by some sniper 800-1600 meters away who you never even see or hear. That is just a retarde dmechanic. Especially when you come to realize how rediculously easy it was for that player to make that shot.

Sniper rifles as they are right now are far to efficient for banditry.

You need a weight system. You need ACE mod characteristics. You need to make it so these little douchebags can't log out right after firing their weapon.

At the very least remove the snipers for SA until you can implement this stuff.

I'm a rare breed. I deliberately shy away from using specific weapons because of how rediculously overpowered they are, including sniper rifles in general. I like to have a challenge. I wish there were more people like that in this game.

I can't tell you how annoying it is to play with people who want to do nothing but find the most over powered weapon possible and sit on a fucking roof to camp with it.

I think ultimately money talks, irregaurdless of what Mr. Hall has stated. Money caters to the largest base. So if you all want this retardation with the sniper rifles to stop you better start speaking up fast.

• Like 1

There is no denying it. Sniping is simply to easy at this point in time.

My personal opinion is to remove the sniper rifles all together. It is so much more fun playing on private hives without them. There is nothing more retarded or frustrating then walking along minding your own buisness and being shot by some sniper 800-1600 meters away who you never even see or hear. That is just a retarde dmechanic. Especially when you come to realize how rediculously easy it was for that player to make that shot.

Sniper rifles as they are right now are far to efficient for banditry.

You need a weight system. You need ACE mod characteristics. You need to make it so these little douchebags can't log out right after firing their weapon.

At the very least remove the snipers for SA until you can implement this stuff.

I'm a rare breed. I deliberately shy away from using specific weapons because of how rediculously overpowered they are, including sniper rifles in general. I like to have a challenge. I wish there were more people like that in this game.

I can't tell you how annoying it is to play with people who want to do nothing but find the most over powered weapon possible and sit on a fucking roof to camp with it.

I think ultimately money talks, irregaurdless of what Mr. Hall has stated. Money caters to the largest base. So if you all want this retardation with the sniper rifles to stop you better start speaking up fast.

+1

After being killed many times by snipers the first thing i did when i found my first sniper was create a long train of zombies and waste them all. Got about 50+ before bleeding to death.

That's what i think of you, DMR and every noob that uses you

Good times....

Edited by Pokerguy10

On a side note what is this ACE mod?

Edited by Pokerguy10

On a side note what is this ACE mod?

What does ACE change compared to the original game?

* Improved IR Strobe simulation. IR Strobes can be attached to players and vehicles, can be re-used and preplaced by mission designers via special functions.

* Improved flare simulation that makes flares visible in daylight.

* Improved explosion effects. Explosions don't just create a whistle in your ears like in the original game, but they also can knock you out, blind you and make you deaf.

* Realistic working laser rangefinding devices. No magic range display.

* Realistic bullet trajectory depending on the type of ammunition and barrel length of the weapon.

* Realistic rocket ballistics. Rockets hava a parabolic flight trajectory like in real life. Not a straight shot.

* Improved backpack system which is backwards compatible to Arma2 units which don't feature the original game's backpack system.

* Improved vehicle damage simulation. The damage depends on ammunition used and where a vehicle was hit, like in real life. No incremental damage destruction.

* and more ..

and there is lot more of changes.

when i started to play arma i thought it totaly crap game coz of clumzines and controls what made me cry. Then i get used to movement and controls. And then I found ACE2 mod - I thought only sick people can use ACE2 coz it makes arma even more difficult. And now i can not imagine playing arma2 without ACE2. ACE 2 gives sooo many options - name one and it will be in ACE2

here is how sniping looks with ace

http://youtu.be/vZPx44f856w

and there how sniping is in dayz

http://youtu.be/-pE_VUJCaY4?t=1m33s

Edited by V3C1C

ACE2 mod is an add on for Arma2.

It will add realistic features.

Like for sniping for example:

Adds wind speed, bullet drop is more realistic, depending which ammo and rifle / barrel you use.

I know V3C1C said it already, but this is shorter and maybe easier to understand regarding sniping in Arma2 with ACE2 mod

Why? In a zombie apocalypse cars will still be outside houses and in garages and even rarer in chernarus because apparently they changed at same time.

If there are no anti-material sniper guns then why even have vehicles?

There comes a point when realism has to take a back seat to dynamics that allow the game to be played in a balanced setting. Anti-material sniper guns are good weapons to help counter act vehicles, especially choppers when you catch them hovering or on the ground. These AMS guns are not everywhere, despite what everyone would have you believe. You can't just go to any barracks or crash site and find one.

• Like 1

A DMR is just an M14 bolt action battle rifle with some enhanced optics and whatnot, but both would blow your head off at 1000m just as easily.

A DMR is NOT a bolt action rifle. Plus a DMR WILL fuck you up big time IRL. If someone did manage to hit you with a DMR from 1000m it would take you down. It might not kill you but you won't be standing back up anytime soon.

A.C.E. mod for this game handles the weight issues nicely.

Load up with satchels and run about 10 yards and you will pass out. Too heavy.

As for artificial accuracy percentages based off of skill trees or whtever is not a good idea for this game. If you want to be more accurate just practice. If you want someone else to be LESS accurate then too damn bad.

This.

I just don't want snipers in the game at all. They can keep the CZ, but force it to spawn without a scope. And when you find a scope (Which I say should be extremely rare) make it really dirty, so that way even though they have the sniper advantage they can barely see out of the lens. They should also let scopes be applied to the Lee Einfield in the SA. They should do this, and make regular military weapons extremely hard to find as well. Make people praise they found an AKM or something of that nature, there was a thread about it earlier this week I believe.

The point he is making is that the purpose of AM rifles is to disable vehicles. He is stating that the AM rifles are supposed to be used as a counter to vehicles, as that is the purpose of an AM rifle if I am not mistaken, to destroy materiel.

The point he is making is that the purpose of AM rifles is to disable vehicles. He is stating that the AM rifles are supposed to be used as a counter to vehicles, as that is the purpose of an AM rifle if I am not mistaken, to destroy materiel.

Correct. That id exactly what a AM rifle does. It rips right through light armor. And it is lacking power in the game if this is supposed to be as realistic as it gets. But there are parts which the car can be unaffected. Like the door for example, you shoot that and the car keeps going. But if there were passengera in the back it would go right through both of them with ease. Regardless if there is no light armor there is no real reason to keep AM rifles around. I am just stating thay because they dont do much to vehicles as it is, its just a cheap one shot weapon.

I'd like to see the ACE mod's sniping dynamics, but it's one of those cases where a dumbed-down mechanic takes the place of a dizzyingly sophisticated one. Sure, the view doesn't swim as much in the game as it would in real life, but in real life I could use a tree or fence or rock to steady the rifle, which is impossible in DayZ. I have breath control options not limited to "Huff and puff until you're okay" and "Hold your breath" in real life, and I can look at grass and trees to approximate wind direction and speed., not to mention feeling the air moving.

i think ur saying its not that hard as some of these people are making it out to shoot a scoped rifle. i've never shot a 50 cal (the bigest would be a 303 or 308) but i did shoot a lot of different rifles growing up and just recently started to get back into it. and it aint that hard just a bit of concentration and shit. im no magician but i can hit a traget with a few instructions from the old man when i was starting out.

I just don't want snipers in the game at all. They can keep the CZ, but force it to spawn without a scope. And when you find a scope (Which I say should be extremely rare) make it really dirty, so that way even though they have the sniper advantage they can barely see out of the lens. They should also let scopes be applied to the Lee Einfield in the SA. They should do this, and make regular military weapons extremely hard to find as well. Make people praise they found an AKM or something of that nature, there was a thread about it earlier this week I believe.

why would we not just clean the lense?

i do celebrate finding an akm with ammo now.

Regardless if there is no light armor there is no real reason to keep AM rifles around.

Yup, any rifle will go through a car, you don't need an anti-material rifle to counter Ladas and Urals. As for helicopters, they tend not to stick around if you have an LMG. The "AS50 needed for helis" argument doesn't count because the AS50 has bugged damage - it shouldn't be that powerful in the first place.

I don't think armed helicopters have much of a place in this game anyways, and if we have armed helis, why not armed cars?

VpdtvTD.png

%7Boption%7D

• Like 1

im no magician but i can hit a traget with a few instructions from the old man when i was starting out.

At what range?

I have never shot an .50 on the mod yet because I didnt found one, but I see what you mean by running around and then you are able to shoot smoothly, why not make it restricted like: You have to sit down to fire, (sniper position) or you simply lay on the floor. This means you can't fire while you stand, well you can but the accuracy will be focked.

Snipers should not be removed... In my openion they are useful in many ways... Not everyone sits on the same spot for hours looking to snipe bambies you know

• Like 1

It would be awesome if they could somehow add the Coriolis effect into sniping too, so if the .50 cals do stay you can't just zero to 800 and get an easy long range kill with little effort or skill.

why would we not just clean the lense?

i do celebrate finding an akm with ammo now.

I was thinking about trying to clean it, but I thought what would be the point of having dirty lenses if you can clean them, and hoped that no one would catch on. But The reason for having them dirty is so a sniper doesn't have a great advantage over you. They would have to look around or something. I know that the lense is one of the more sensitive areas of a gun, when I went shooting once I dropped that sucker in water. The water was literally under the lense. So there was no way of cleaning it except waiting for it to dry out. With water the target could be further than they appear, and throw off the sniper. So maybe if you don't take care of your weapon something of that nature happens. Like if it rains, and you just have your gun on your back, without something to cover it. I'm just guessing here, but the fact that someone has a sniper they already have a extremely great advantage over you, which should be changed imo.

You know you can counter a sniper right?

Travel in larger group

1. sniper will think twice about giving his position away

2. once sniper has fired a shot, you can split up and flank

3. your gear can be guarded by the remaining survivors

Movement

1. always scan the area before moving ahead

2. stay away from open fields, move through cover.

3. never loot your kill immediately after shooting him down

Maybe find a Sniper rifle and shoot down the snipers yourself?!

I personally wouldn't want to play DayZ without the looming danger of snipers all over the place.. where is the fun in that?

• Like 2

You know you can counter a sniper right?

Travel in larger group

1. sniper will think twice about giving his position away

2. once sniper has fired a shot, you can split up and flank

3. your gear can be guarded by the remaining survivors

Movement

1. always scan the area before moving ahead

2. stay away from open fields, move through cover.

3. never loot your kill immediately after shooting him down

Maybe find a Sniper rifle and shoot down the snipers yourself?

I personally wouldn't want to play DayZ without the looming danger of snipers all over the place.. where is the fun in that?

Anymore useless 'tactics' you got to excuse yourself from playing on an even playing field with the rest of us ??

Anymore useless 'tactics' you got to excuse yourself from playing on an even playing field with the rest of us ??

Useless tactics?

It amazes me how many people cry about snipers, yet they don't take simple steps/approaches to avoid being sniped.

1. Shot difficulty goes up for snipers on moving targets. The difficulty goes up dramatically on moving targets the farther out that target is. Moving at 90 degree angles to the sniper is always best. And be random in your movements.

2. Players moving in and around buildings without stopping make it extremely difficult for the sniper to line up a shot. The same thing can be said with tree's and brush. And be random in your movements.

3. When stopping to pick up loot, situating oneself that limits your visibility to anyone is simple and helps increase ones survival against any nearby snipers.

4. Always assume a sniper is nearby. Just because you don't hear any shots doesn't mean no one is around. Good snipers will wait, and wait, and wait, until just that right moment that you give a shot presentation. And it could be a very small window. But limiting that window is key to your success against snipers.

I've only been sniped a handful of times. And of those times I've been shot, only 1 was stupidity on my part. I had setup on a lighthouse thinking no one would expect me there. After my only shot, taking a guy out, I was promptly dispatched. What I thought might be a decent setup due to not being expected, turned into a hey, here I am shoot me setup.

All the others were snipers that took the only shot they had. And due to either great skill on their part, or extreme luck on their part, took me out with an extremely difficult shot. I tip my hat to them on those shots.

Move move move when in town. Don't doddle. If you stop, stop in areas where your visibility is reduced, LOS is reduced to likely sniper spots. And never get tunnel vision when looting.

• Like 1