Pokerguy12

Will Snipers Be Removed Or At Least Tweaked In S.A?

Back2topic please

? We never left.

How to fix snipers in dayz: Remove crosshairs, makes DMR useless in close combat (as it should be), that's it.

You're not suppose to tackle snipers on your own.

A team of assaulters/suppressive can easily take out a sniper.

Don't blame the game for your own shortcomings.

We hiked about 4-5 miles every time we went out of a hunt and never did carrying that equipment hinder my aim.

And walking in the game doesn't hinder your aim, but people don't walk much in game, now, do they? Now, if you said you'd ran 4-5 miles with that equipment and it didn't hinder your aim - taking a shot immediately after that run... I'd say you were full of it.

Snipers are fine as they are but the proper wind-condition mechanics from ACE should be added.

The rifles will still be very strong (as they would be) but would require more compensation for wind/distance at the very least.

The only real difference I would make would be reducing the drop chance of the ammo, it's far too common for a weapon that wouldn't really be widely used.

Reduce drop of weapon and/or ammo at a minimum. I don't mind snipers. I do mind when everyone and their brother seems to be equipped with the supposedly "rare" rifles.

And have zombies to actually react to them and run toward them. At least somewhat.

Edited by SteveLord

I think sniper rifles should just be less common. Also if zombies where a larger threat assault rifles would come more in handy in PvE.

Right now a Pistol can solve most zombie problems even if they are glitichy as fuck.

This Thread just needs sent off to the graveyard -Snipers are not going anywhere-

So why discuss/complain about them?

Yeah.. I uh don't normally post here, but wtf is up with your avatar and siggy? This is not 4chan

Since you've apparently shot a weapon, i'm assuming you're an adult???? Why would a full grown adult use a PONY as his avatar? I have no idea how the moderators even approved your annoying animated siggy either.

I know an avatar is not a definition of who you are, but seriously do you expect anyone here to take you seriously with a PONY and that awful repeating animation you have in your siggy????? Or for that matter listen to your "weapon advice".

EDIT: I used a larger font size to demonstrate on how annoying your siggy is with it's flashy animation.

Although I do agree that Pony crap is annoying, and Gews sig is very confusing to me as well that gives you no right to assault him like that. His profile, his content if you dont like it keep it to yourself.

• Like 1

Not to sound gay or anything but i think ponies kick ass!

orgazmo3.jpg

Edited by Evilsausage

Every single FPS game gets people moaning about snipers, I grow so weary.

SNIP

I think you should perhaps go back to not posting. Such pathetically childish behaviour will not be tolerated here; discriminating one for their tastes/interests in whatever it may be will not be tolerated.

I'm quoting a book a bit here but the way I see DayZ is, in terms of people, there are very few snipers, many sharpshooters and random gunmen, but few snipers, and the difference is in the use of fieldcraft.

If I can, I will always take an M24 over a DMR for two reasons:

1. The M24 is zeroable

2. It isn't semi automatic, there is much more pressure to hit on the first shot, rather than just spamming the target to pieces.

As for ease of use, let me bring 4 rifles by memory to your attention:

DMR, M24, M107 and AS50.

What do they all have in common?

A bipod.

With a properly zeroed scope and a bipod, with a gun like those, I see no reason why you couldn't easily hit a stationary target a 500m. Granted the availability of said guns is questionable, their usage (at least on the DMR and M24) shouldn't be in question.

As for weight issues, again for the DMR and M24, I see no reason why you couldn't hold that in a sling on your back whilst holding another rifle, it really isn't hard at all.

I'm quoting a book a bit here but the way I see DayZ is, in terms of people, there are very few snipers, many sharpshooters and random gunmen, but few snipers, and the difference is in the use of fieldcraft.

If I can, I will always take an M24 over a DMR for two reasons:

1. The M24 is zeroable

2. It isn't semi automatic, there is much more pressure to hit on the first shot, rather than just spamming the target to pieces.

As for ease of use, let me bring 4 rifles by memory to your attention:

DMR, M24, M107 and AS50.

What do they all have in common?

A bipod.

With a properly zeroed scope and a bipod, with a gun like those, I see no reason why you couldn't easily hit a stationary target a 500m. Granted the availability of said guns is questionable, their usage (at least on the DMR and M24) shouldn't be in question.

As for weight issues, again for the DMR and M24, I see no reason why you couldn't hold that in a sling on your back whilst holding another rifle, it really isn't hard at all.

Dont forget you can compress 4 m24 mags into 1 DMR mag. I still have my trusty m24 with 2 dmr mags with me :)