Pokerguy12

Will Snipers Be Removed Or At Least Tweaked In S.A?

I don't mind bandits using sniper rifles, but they defo need some tweaking. I'm able to do shots I would NEVER be able to do in real life. Wind needs to be added.

I don't mind bandits using sniper rifles, but they defo need some tweaking. I'm able to do shots I would NEVER be able to do in real life. Wind needs to be added.

I agree wind would be a great thing in the game. However, it can't become so burdensome, or over the top, as to make sniping completely irrelevent.

Edited by Tek

I agree wind would be a great thing in the game. However, it can't become so burdensome, or over the top, as to make sniping completely irrelevent.

When Horde was making his wind mod he looked to actual ballistics tables, etc to set the values. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/127208-attn-community-help-needed-wind-and-windage/#entry1225256 I don't think anyone would tolerate something that was just "made up", it has to try to be realistic.

Yup, any rifle will go through a car, you don't need an anti-material rifle to counter Ladas and Urals. As for helicopters, they tend not to stick around if you have an LMG. The "AS50 needed for helis" argument doesn't count because the AS50 has bugged damage - it shouldn't be that powerful in the first place.

I don't think armed helicopters have much of a place in this game anyways, and if we have armed helis, why not armed cars?

VpdtvTD.png

%7Boption%7D

I'd love to have that beast there. Drive into town guns 'a blazing.

Snipers should not be removed simple as. The problem is not with the rifles it's the players using them.

Also you do realise you can dismantle most guns making them much easier to fit in a bag and any person who is in anyway fit would be able to carry a rifle on there back aswel as in there hands.... And if your not you would have died way back at the start of the zombie apocalypse.

Edit: I forgot to say that the .50 cals should definitely be nerfed, I know it's a big and powerful bullet and all but one shot to the hand or toe would still not be a kill with one! You'd be very f**ked up alright but not dead atleast not till the second bullet gets you.

Edited by anAveragePotato

Didnt know there was so much qq'ing about snipers. .50 cals I knew people didn't like (mostly because of scripters), but whats wrong with normal snipers? The vast majority of players are terrible shots and of the few that are good shots, would still be able to take you out anyway.

NONONONONONONON

jesus people are dumb

-sniping is hard in real life that must mean hunting deer is IMPOSIBLEZ omg"

Seriously stop whining about a weapon being in the game because you get killed by it. If you stick to walls, and cover when moving around then a sniper will never get you, And counter sniping is so easy since snipers run away peeing themselves when you return fire 80% of the time.

I mean seriously you think they are unrealistic? what world do you live in...I wish threads wanting snipers removed would just get yarded because im tired of seeing them.

They will always be in the game, and they aren't going anywhere.

If you wanna talk about realism they should be the most common gun because I know for sure alot more farmers own scoped guns than any other type of weapon...and chernarus is very rural.

-all my rage-

Edited by leviski
  • Like 2

Anymore useless 'tactics' you got to excuse yourself from playing on an even playing field with the rest of us ??

You're welcome, we were already on an even playing field.. its just that you do not take in account the "tactics",common sense or maybe even lack the skills to survive. If you do not want to adept to the game as it is, maybe you can try and find a private hive server that has no sniper rifles.

• Like 1

It would be awesome if they could somehow add the Coriolis effect into sniping too, so if the .50 cals do stay you can't just zero to 800 and get an easy long range kill with little effort or skill.

0o

Ahh CoD you have have convinced people that the coriolis effect is actually relevant to "sniping"...well played CoD...well played...next we can add a riot shield to deflect explosions.

Add wind and sniping is pretty much dead becuase most people who are shooting long range rifles in ArmA are so bad at it that you can't call them snipers. I think i have been one shot->killed outright, from a distance of over 400 meters, once. Was memorable because I heard nothing->died->soft AS50 thud 2 seconds later. A good shot, i was at a full sprint. The majoirty of the time the bullet is getting spammed/panic fire or a more careful shot trys to walk it onto me. Not that getting sniped is really a problem if people can learn from their mistakes.

Edited by Trizzo

Why would "snipers" be removed?

Will they be tweaked? probably, the weapon attachment system might include some of those tweaks.

As for the coriolis effect, the force is too small, the effect would be insignificant.

Helicopters are overpowered too, but no one complains about them, because they are hard to get, require tons of materials to get flying, require hours to refuel and even if you are an experienced pilot, the occasional crash resulting in death still happens.

Razor recently asked what we think about a realistic wind engine, that affects the trajectory of bullets. That's one limitation I like, that really affects how a sniper can work.

Many argue, that long-range shots are possible in real life, but fail to mention, that those snipers usually have a spotter to help them out with wind, distance, humidity and all the other data they need to calculate how to aim. Arma offers realistic measuring with Scopes, like you could with real scopes, still setting markers or getting the exact values through the GUI makes it very very easy. Windspeeds never change.

I hate that so many people have an instinct to ban everything they don't understand. Won't you understand that prohibition never worked, does not work now and will never work? The only reason people use them now is because the game rewards them for doing so.

In the end, every sniper-rifle is a precision instrument that needs to work togehter with weather-data and experience to be efficient. Any player who is able to do all the calculations in his head, who has all the instruments to get the information he needs, should be able to be a killer-sniper. But a little bored kid who got lucky with his loot, shouldn't be able to terrorize a whole Server, just because shooting at 300m is easier in-game than shooting at 30m would be in real life.

• Like 2

As for the coriolis effect, the force is too small, the effect would be insignificant.

:lol: it's most important when using artillery that can fire dozens of miles or intercontinental ballistic missiles... at 1,000 yards you can ignore it, at 2,000 it will start to be a factor. Its importance obviously depends on on earth where you are located.

It would be awesome if they could somehow add the Coriolis effect into sniping too, so if the .50 cals do stay you can't just zero to 800 and get an easy long range kill with little effort or skill.

It wouldn't affect a .50 at all at 800 meters... maybe add a "1" to the front of the 800.

Razor recently asked what we think about a realistic wind engine, that affects the trajectory of bullets. That's one limitation I like, that really affects how a sniper can work.

The wind in the game doesn't even make it that hard, judging from ACE, and almost all of the responses seemed in favour of it. Snipers would still have an advantage since the drift would affect all weapons, it would just take more skill to pull off long range shots.

But a little bored kid who got lucky with his loot, shouldn't be able to terrorize a whole Server, just because shooting at 300m is easier in-game than shooting at 30m would be in real life.

:lol: It's true.

NONONONONONONON

jesus people are dumb

-sniping is hard in real life that must mean hunting deer is IMPOSIBLEZ omg"

Seriously stop whining about a weapon being in the game because you get killed by it. If you stick to walls, and cover when moving around then a sniper will never get you, And counter sniping is so easy since snipers run away peeing themselves when you return fire 80% of the time.

I mean seriously you think they are unrealistic? what world do you live in...I wish threads wanting snipers removed would just get yarded because im tired of seeing them.

They will always be in the game, and they aren't going anywhere.

If you wanna talk about realism they should be the most common gun because I know for sure alot more farmers own scoped guns than any other type of weapon...and chernarus is very rural.

-all my rage-

Not many people want to remove snipers, they just want to make all the weapons more realistic. More scoped weapons à la CZ might be a good thing. Taking a shot on a prone target at 800 meters should be difficult, right now it's point-click-hit.

• Like 1

Helicopters are overpowered too, but no one complains about them, because they are hard to get, require tons of materials to get flying, require hours to refuel and even if you are an experienced pilot, the occasional crash resulting in death still happens.

Many argue, that long-range shots are possible in real life, but fail to mention, that those snipers usually have a spotter to help them out with wind, distance, humidity and all the other data they need to calculate how to aim. Arma offers realistic measuring with Scopes, like you could with real scopes, still setting markers or getting the exact values through the GUI makes it very very easy. Windspeeds never change.

I hate that so many people have an instinct to ban everything they don't understand. Won't you understand that prohibition never worked, does not work now and will never work? The only reason people use them now is because the game rewards them for doing so.

In the end, every sniper-rifle is a precision instrument that needs to work togehter with weather-data and experience to be efficient. Any player who is able to do all the calculations in his head, who has all the instruments to get the information he needs, should be able to be a killer-sniper. But a little bored kid who got lucky with his loot, shouldn't be able to terrorize a whole Server, just because shooting at 300m is easier in-game than shooting at 30m would be in real life.

Not many people want to remove snipers, they just want to make all the weapons more realistic. More scoped weapons à la CZ might be a good thing. Taking a shot on a prone target at 800 meters should be difficult, right now it's point-click-hit.

We seem to be of the same mind...

I agree, in a zombie apocalypse you wouldn't see dozens of people running around with 50 cal snipers, make them rarer or remove them entirely.

A lot of people complain about snipers in this with valid reason, however I find that if you are alert you should be able to detect a sniper. For example I never run across an open field without scanning nearby vantage and choke points. It's more realistic because in a world where humanity is broken and people are willing to kill each other, you are going to cover your ass as much as you can

When I play ACE I don't even lug around a sniper rifle, too damn heavy and makes your guy pass out at like 100m of sprinting. Or maybe thats the people who choose a LMG and a stinger...

• Like 2

When I play ACE I don't even lug around a sniper rifle, too damn heavy and makes your guy pass out at like 100m of sprinting. Or maybe thats the people who choose a LMG and a stinger...

I would very much so like to see some ACE aspects such as this one to a lesser extent in the standalone, too often have I hauled ass and ran 10 km without stopping jsut because I died at the garfield

I agree that most, if not all, of the scoped rifles should be rarer. Much rarer. Like the helicopters of firearms. Or maybe include a thing where you could find a weapon, but it has no bolt? Or maybe 55% of weapons will be in bad shape and will require servicing to get working properly. You can't run with a 12kg rifle on your back for 10km straight. You should be fatigued much, much quicker.

sorry, delete this -.-

Edited by dulix11

A well trained soldier passes out after 100 of sprinting with a sniper rifle. Fuck Logic.

I hope they add the weight as a characters feature but I expect realistic numbers...

I agree that most, if not all, of the scoped rifles should be rarer. Much rarer. Like the helicopters of firearms. Or maybe include a thing where you could find a weapon, but it has no bolt? Or maybe 55% of weapons will be in bad shape and will require servicing to get working properly. You can't run with a 12kg rifle on your back for 10km straight. You should be fatigued much, much quicker.

Soldiers carry an equipment of 23kg (even more sometimes) and they do run for 10 km straight. Get out of your chairs people and see some of the real world from time to time...

Edited by p4triot