dgeesio

Once Dayz release on consoles will pc be second best?

People have opinions!

Then you miss the point of subjects, that most people have come to accept as a stalemate, or otherwise unsolvable. I am all for "good discussion", but can you tell me what thread you have read recently, with the PC vs Console discussion, that has yielded or concluded with a viable conclusion? Having an opinion for the sake of just having one is a pain in the ass. Are you saying you encourage hearing people discuss the PC vs Console conversation for the hundredth time?

Never mind, this is why people have learned not to discuss religion/politics from the warrior like "keyboard"....

Then you miss the point of subjects, that most people have come to accept as a stalemate, or otherwise unsolvable. I am all for "good discussion", but can you tell me what thread you have read recently, with the PC vs Console discussion, that has yielded or concluded with a viable conclusion? Having an opinion for the sake of just having one is a pain in the ass. Are you saying you encourage hearing people discuss the PC vs Console conversation for the hundredth time?

Never mind, this is why people have learned not to discuss religion/politics from the warrior like "keyboard"....

Hey, Maybe you forgot. In the event you did, here is the definition of forum.

- A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Sounds like we are on track...

• Like 1

PC vs Console = Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result". good ole Albert. In time you might understand why some discussions are no longer worth having, but maybe you are young enough that you haven't heard people have this "forum discussion" enough.

-snip-

Any other ideas on what we should talk about? I think the mod has pretty much exhausted discussions on it for now (till next update) and we have had loads of news on the SA. Its fine to speculate on ideas that have not been set in stone yet.

The english is not great sry :blush:

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 1

PC vs Console = Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result". good ole Albert. In time you might understand why some discussions are no longer worth having, but maybe you are young enough that you haven't heard people have this "forum discussion" enough.

This isn't a discussion about PC vs Console though, there are plenty of other threads for that. This thread is about the implications that having DayZ on a console would have on the PC version, and this is more than worth discussing, whether you've discussed PC vs console before or not.

• Like 1

WOW... did no one else see that playstation.UK has a photo of WARZ for the talk on DAYZ?

I wish I had a job where I could half-ass it all day.

link in first post

http://www.officialp...ery-interested/

I'm not sure that is WarZ, looks like just a generic zombie pic showing what DayZ could be like on Ps4. I could be totally wrong though.

I'm not sure that is WarZ, looks like just a generic zombie pic showing what DayZ could be like on Ps4. I could be totally wrong though.

It is WarZ deffo. Twas one of their promo pics before it came out.

• Like 1

You are. It is War Z.

• Like 1

Timbo... it saddens me you thought that image could be DayZ.

However... It also makes me proud you have NO IDEA what WarZ looks like... soo I guess you can have beans.... but just barely...

• Like 1

I'll worry about stuff like that when Dean is fired from the project OR if some big company like Activision or EA decides to buy the rights to DayZ.

if EA or Activision get their grubby little hands on DayZ...

it would be the end of the world as we know it.

• Like 2

DayZ would be its own game on PS4 it wouldn't be a part of the PC version so at least we dont need worry about more 10 year olds in side chat

DayZ would be its own game on PS4 it wouldn't be a part of the PC version so at least we dont need worry about more 10 year olds in side chat

It wouldn't be a port? Are you suggesting that they are just going to remake the entire game for PS4? That's far to much work for the small dev team behind DayZ. The game will just be ported over to consoles, and then tweaked and snipped to make it work better for consoles.

Noones even seen the next gen machines yet so all this console-phobia may well be unfounded.

Sony * Microsoft both need to up their technology vastly, in terms of power, detail, graphics etc, I'm sure a box that plays a shiner CoD would sell, but the companies know that the lines are blurring with tech these days so it'll have to offer a very powerful gaming side teamed with some multi-media interface also. Plus a straight PC vs Console comparison is pointless due to the way each use their available resources, a console can make more use of components as its dedicated to gaming, even the benefits of a hardwired OS helps.

Even though that doesn't matter because i doubt Dayz will ever take off as a finished product. I'm expecting an 'Alpha' in November, and then another 6-12 months until the standalone has enough content to make it attractive enough for the big console makers to begin to consider it. By which time the PC version will have a 'hardcore' of players but the masses that flooded the mod will have moved on to yet another fad/craze game.

• Like 2

DayZ is already mainstream.

DayZ has huge potential for microtransactions & DLC.

Rocket is a human being, human beings like money.

Console gaming is more popular than PC gaming.

Consoles are much less susceptible to hacks, scripts, bots & exploits.

DayZ will end up favouring consoles. It's where all the money is, and you don't have to try as hard for that audience. Those drones will buy anything they are told to.

Some of them are already wearing your precious DayZ merchandise.

no rocket won't fall to the dark side of the gaming industry bis hasn't they actually put effort into the game while other companies don't.

Edited by nousernamehelp

While I do know some console players who will like DayZ, they are more mature (re old fart) like me. I don't see the masses of CoD fans finding anything in DayZ that they will like. That's why games like Dragon Rising and it's Sequel didn't do to well, while there are a few who want hardcore shooters, most imo, don't.

I also see it as being a PS4 exclusive, the modding in extra stuff won't work very well on Xbox live because of Microsofts closed structure.

Edited by DazTroyer

no rocket won't fall to the dark side of the gaming industry bis hasn't they actually put effort into the game while other companies don't.

That is pure, 100% certified fanboy delusion.

That is EXACTLY what will lure DayZ onto consoles, the promise of hundreds of thousands of fawning zealots, blind to the birds & bees of gaming.

no actually bis hasn't really done that. what happens happens.

While I do know some console players who will like DayZ, they are more mature (re old fart) like me. I don't see the masses of CoD fans finding anything in DayZ that they will like. That's why games like Dragon Rising and it's Sequel didn't do to well, while there are a few who want hardcore shooters, most imo, don't.

I also see it as being a PS4 exclusive, the modding in extra stuff won't work very well on Xbox live because of Microsofts closed structure.

You don't see the masses of CoD fans finding anything they will like?

Then why are they here already?

The hype train picks up everybody I'm afraid.

Edited by 2skillD4Uok?

Again, pure speculation about a console we know nothing about.

As long as it is released after the Standalone's PC release, i'm all for it. My only worry is that it will be infected by 9-year olds screaming into their mics (in side-chat nonetheless):

"OMG Y DID U SHOOT ME IN ELEKTRO? YOU SUCK!"

"HEY NOOB, CUM FIGHT ME AT CHERNO. 1V1."

"HEY GUYS, I'M AT STARY SOBOR, ANY GOOD LOOT SPWNS?

R.I.P future PS4 users...

As long as it is released after the Standalone's PC release, i'm all for it. My only worry is that it will be infected by 9-year olds screaming into their mics (in side-chat nonetheless):

"OMG Y DID U SHOOT ME IN ELEKTRO? YOU SUCK!"

"HEY NOOB, CUM FIGHT ME AT CHERNO. 1V1."

"HEY GUYS, I'M AT STARY SOBOR, ANY GOOD LOOT SPWNS?

R.I.P future PS4 users...

Yes, because all PC DayZ players are roll-neck sweater wearing, 30-something architects, sipping a cappucino & frowning as they whisper a 'tactical' command to their 'white-listed' 'squad'....

Yes, because all PC DayZ players are roll-neck sweater wearing, 30-something architects, sipping a cappucino & frowning as they whisper a 'tactical' command to their 'white-listed' 'squad'....

Don't think had any intention of saying that, nor am I pointing out that the PC users always have a higher intelligence compared to other gaming platforms.

It's just have a slight worry about how that platform will even out by maturity standards and how they will treat the game compared to the games they casually play. Perhaps I exemplified it in a more stereotypical tone, but it is still just a foresight that can happen, and most likely will, like it is today in DayZ.

• Like 1

Don't think had any intention of saying that, nor am I pointing out that the PC users always have a higher intelligence compared to other gaming platforms.

It's just have a slight worry about how that platform will even out by maturity standards and how they will treat the game compared to the games they casually play. Perhaps I exemplified it in a more stereotypical tone, but it is still just a foresight that can happen, and most likely will, like it is today in DayZ.

So, Smorski, let me ask you a question.

Do you agree that the DayZ standalone will pick up exactly where the mod is currently? By this I mean a city-based deathmatch with no incentive NOT to kill that unarmed new spawn?

I think the DayZ experience we all had at the beginning is gone forever, and the mere suggestion of console ports is evidence of that.

Edited by 2skillD4Uok?