dgeesio

Once Dayz release on consoles will pc be second best?

well with more recent reports about sony being intrested in porting dayz to ps4 and microsoft will probably be next will dayz end up a console game primarly ?

this often does happen with games and once they go mainstrem the most money often governs priority.

how do you think it will pan out?

few articles already out

http://www.examiner....ed-dayz-for-ps4

http://au.ibtimes.co...tm#.UVy18MrCuTY

http://www.officialp...ery-interested/

http://www.pushsquar...s4_port_of_dayz

Edited by dgeesio

No, it won't. It never will be, so long as the PC community of DayZ show their superiority.

• Like 5

it will not be as supported on console, its easier for them to patch things on pc and release them on pc than xbox or ps4 or whatever it is

like minecraft on the xbox its like 1.4 beta on xbox when its like 1.8 on pc

Maybe after a few years and they are happy with how the pc version went they would try and port it over

no its being done on ps4 for definite ! (not sure on eggbox yet though)

there has been a few articles about it already. a few in the last few days.

Edited by dgeesio

No, it won't. It never will be, so long as the PC community of DayZ show their superiority.

i dont get how a smaller community can show there superiority?

consoles dwarf pcs gamingwise. this is why i asked about will the game once released on consoles be mainly console orientated.

i dont get how a smaller community can show there superiority?

consoles dwarf pcs gamingwise. this is why i asked about will the game once released on consoles be mainly console orientated.

Hmm...disregard my last post, lol, but I think Dean will want DayZ to be primarily supported on PC for the PC community, because PC is where it started and the PC community helped him grow.

No, if anything, they will gain insightful knowledge into coding for 8 cores. Not a threat to PC at all IMO.

EDIT: By the power of Greyskull though, please give them their own section in the forums. Shared would be a clusterfuck. ;)

Edited by Horde
  • Like 3

From what I read, the PS4 is going to be alot like a PC. It's based on x86 technology, probably one of the reasons Dean said that it was looking good. It will most likely run the Arma engine pretty good. If only Sony decides to grow balls and adds mouse and keyboard support, there's nothing holding people on consoles back to experience DayZ as it was meant to be. Chances are they will add that support as these new consoles are meant to be 'sort-of'-replacements for pc's for some people so they'll need to offer different levels of interaction.

One other sick thing, Wikipedia said it will have two cameras that can track motion. That means they might be getting TrackIR for free, the bastards! ;)

Hello there

I think we need to wait for further info before acting on anything. I have faith in Rocket and his "vision" for the game, I dont believe he would "sell out" and damage the game.

Let's wait for him to get back and have had a rest before we start making assumptions.

Chat about it? Yeah but dont think anything is set in stone, no matter what you hear unless it's from him or his immediate team.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

It is being developed on PC first, so at worst you get to finally laugh at console users for getting a ported game. If the game was currently being developed for both I would be more worried, but if the plan is to consider a console port if it is popular on PC that is just basic economics and the realization that next gen consoles might be able to handle a game like DayZ.

• Like 1

I'll worry about stuff like that when Dean is fired from the project OR if some big company like Activision or EA decides to buy the rights to DayZ.

• Like 1

I'll worry about stuff like that when Dean is fired from the project OR if some big company like Activision or EA decides to buy the rights to DayZ.

that is a bit scary.

There is a chance that PS4 wil eventually be the lead platform for Dayz. The results of Deans experiment speaks for itself. Most PC gamers dont want a hardcore survival game.The carebear servers far out number the servers that represent what Dean intended. He has no reason to cater to the PC gamers anymore.Most dont want the DayZ he intended, but a dumbed down, casulized version.

Sales will most likely be poor.Majority of players will stick with the mod.

Edited by skyofavalon

Not as long as consoles have controllers, there's just too much buttons used in DayZ, some people might say that's a bad thing but I like that, the fact that it is more complex is something I really like, also (I'm based off of current gen since I don't know shit about next gen) that version would be toned down a lot, I don't think the consoles would be able to handle such a big map with 100-200 players and vehicles, that might change in next gen tho, all we can hope is that if they do it, they don't reduce the support for the PC version

There is a chance that PS4 wil eventually be the lead platform for Dayz. The results of Deans experiment speaks for itself. Most PC gamers dont want a hardcore survival game.The carebear servers far out number the servers that represent what Dean intended. He has no reason to cater to the PC gamers anymore.Most dont want the DayZ he intended, but a dumbed down, casulized version.

Sales will most likely be poor.Majority of players will stick with the mod.

And you think console players do like a hardcore survival experience? most console players are casual gamers since any 8 year old can ask for an xbox or a ps3 for his birthday, I am a console player looking forward to getting a decent PC that can run all this games, and yes, there are serious players, I'm not saying that the whole community is made out of 8 year olds but possibly the majority of console gamers are just casual gamers, so since DayZ isn't really made for casual gamers, they would really like to appeal a more serious public, and not everybody loves a game like this, so yeah I'm not really saying that the console version would be bad, but definetly not the lead version if it ever comes out

Edited by IncognitoNico

The game started out as a mod, and even now I'm doing most of my playing on a highly customized server, immensely enjoying the changes the admins made to the map and mechanics. I think a lot of the game's appeal and longevity can be attributed to the community's treatment of it, which has been, in my experience, a uniquely PC-game experience. A console game very much like DayZ could be made, and could succeed, but DayZ as a project will always shine brightest on PC.

Pretty cool that $ony are taking that much of an interest in day$ though. The main thing is that everything so far is pc and everything for a while yet will be pc oriented.

If there is to be a port to consoles it would only be after the SA is already out on PC and even then its likely a second team of of programmers with console experience would be set up for the ports.

• Like 1

One question has BIS ever made a console game if not then they'll have to hire people to port it.

One question has BIS ever made a console game if not then they'll have to hire people to port it.

Command Carrier, Operation Flashpoint.

They can do it for sure, but it will take more work than a your average PC-console port. For example, the inventory is drag and drop, that won't work on a console because it'll be extremely awkward.

Command Carrier, Operation Flashpoint.

They can do it for sure, but it will take more work than a your average PC-console port. For example, the inventory is drag and drop, that won't work on a console because it'll be extremely awkward.

Thx.

I fill very skeptical that Dayz won't become shit once it comes out on consoles i have seen to many games turn it crap a bit after they hit consoles, i always hope for the best but expect the worst.

So tired of logging on the forums here to see threads like this. Seems as though the quality of discussion is always way below par these days. This thread, regardless of original intent, is one more Troll thread that will ultimately encourage spam like mine. So, like many more before me have said, "PC and Console gaming are not comparable", and the people that keep discussing it are the same type that choose to discuss religion/politics. It is a dame good thing I am not a moderator, as I would delete every thread that encouraged the PC vs Console discussion on ALL LEVELS.

GOD NO......not EA!

• Like 3

So tired of logging on the forums here to see threads like this. Seems as though the quality of discussion is always way below par these days. This thread, regardless of original intent, is one more Troll thread that will ultimately encourage spam like mine. So, like many more before me have said, "PC and Console gaming are not comparable", and the people that keep discussing it are the same type that choose to discuss religion/politics. It is a dame good thing I am not a moderator, as I would delete every thread that encouraged the PC vs Console discussion on ALL LEVELS.

People have opinions!

• Like 2