Sign in to follow this  
maninthewall

Use for toilet paper

-  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this idea?

• I agree with this idea.
    • I do not agree with this idea.
    • I agree with some of it (Left comment about what I didn't agree with)

Hi!

In DayZ, toilet paper is currently just a waste loot, like empty cans and whiskey bottles. I was thinking we could give toilet paper a use in DayZ and give them players a bladder meter that goes down the more you eat/drink

I think this should be implemented in DayZ: SA. Also make toilet paper super common, as common as emtpy cans.

Side effects if you do not empty your bladder are losing 200 blood every 20 minutes, if you do empty your bladder without any toilet paper, you will get flies around you for 30 minutes unless you swim in water.

Thoughts?

Why would i need toilet paper to take a piss?

You got a point but I liked my idea..

Maybe instead of taking a piss we take a shit?

I would just remove the toilet paper from the loot tables. It's just annoying to find it everywhere in piles of 3 or something...

Toilet paper could be used to extend the time a camp fire stays lit. That is, you could use the toilet paper as extra fuel for the fire.

• Like 1

Toilet paper could be used to extend the time a camp fire stays lit. That is, you could use the toilet paper as extra fuel for the fire.

This

Not this

Hi!

In DayZ, toilet paper is currently just a waste loot, like empty cans and whiskey bottles. I was thinking we could give toilet paper a use in DayZ and give them players a bladder meter that goes down the more you eat/drink

I think this should be implemented in DayZ: SA. Also make toilet paper super common, as common as emtpy cans.

Side effects if you do not empty your bladder are losing 200 blood every 20 minutes, if you do empty your bladder without any toilet paper, you will get flies around you for 30 minutes unless you swim in water.

Thoughts?

Why would i want to go to a toilet in my game? some things are being taken to far in this mod.. like sleep? surely my character is asleep when im not playing? i assume he to is taking a p*ss and sh*t in this time... dont ruin the game.

Edited by Anarchyihdi

This

Not this

Why would i want to go to a toilet in my game? some things are being taken to far in this mod.. like sleep? surely my character is asleep when im not playing? i assume he to is taking a p*ss and sh*t in this time... dont ruin the game.

Its something that makes the game more realistic / life like. I welcome it. Maybe they do something like you should find somewhere safe and relatively comfortable to sleep when you logg off, otherwise when you log back in your character may have certain symptoms, like a headache, be cold, unable to aim your weapon as clearly..... or something along these line.....

there were a couple of suggestions about toilet-paper so far.

I liked the idea of using them as temporary bandages. They could wear off, after a few minutes, but still offer additional chances of survival when running low.

When crafting, Sand, charcoal, toiletpaper and an empty tincan would provide a very basic particle-filter for water. maybe required when the only water-source around is dirty.

Having to use the toilet has been discussed a lot so far, but it has so many problems that it'd be hard to implement right. And would they want us to take a shit through our undies or will the playerskin become rated R?

This

Not this

This is suppose to simulate a real zombies apocalypse. Though, it's far from realistic since there are so many bandits.

I'm sure you'll have to take a shit during a zombie apocalypse

I say use it to add a bandit shemagh.

Or for decorating trees.

Or for decorating trees.

I'd like to play one day as the Cherno Hobo, running around in his dirty trenchcoat, asking people for beans, throwing toiletpaper at them, if they don't have any to spare, telling them that they are spoiled rich snobs and to go back into their marble palace to their beans-fontains and zombie-butlers... man I'd have so much fun if they only where throwable. Having them unroll in flight would add of course. TP'ing Cherno ftw.

Well while I dont agree on the priority list of the devs (implementing toilet paper vs fixing of numerous long standing bugs) I guess since toilet paper is in while not put it to some use. Surely you can use it to make a fire and other things along those lines but creating the need to empty your bladder on account of having toilet paper around is a bit silly. I am sure in order to take a piss you wouldnt need toilet paper (I know I dont) and when taking a shit I probably be content with taking leaves and last time I checked those were not in short supply.

Edited by ZuluActual

Okay, seriously? It may be a "zombie apocalypse simulator" but its still a GAME... if you make it to much like a chore then you're ruining the meaning of the game, you're supposed to have fun and survive, not shit in the woods and waddle around with your trousers around your ankle looking for some toilet paper, there is such thing as taking it to far.

i like the idea of taking a shit. without tp you stink, zombies can smell you better, and you maybe get an infection.

you also could shit in other peoples tents, which would be awesome! =D

in a serious note: to be exposed while taking a shit is another tactical perspective, you have too look for good places to shit.

or you go in a toilet in a cafe in town or use a wooden toilet at some houses outside.

on this places you would not need toilet paper, tp is for shitting in the woods.

Edited by cameorunner

Crafting. Toilet paper + fuel + empty whisky bottle + box of matches = Molotov Cocktail

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 4

i like the idea of taking a shit. without tp you stink, zombies can smell you better, and you maybe get an infection.

you also could shit in other peoples tents, which would be awesome! =D

in a serious note: to be exposed while taking a shit is another tactical perspective, you have too look for good places to shit.

or you go in a toilet in a cafe in town or use a wooden toilet at some houses outside.

on this places you would not need toilet paper, tp is for shitting in the woods.

Shit everywhere in elektro

gee i wonder how people used to get by without toilet paper in the past? this thread is full of dumb ideas, it is actually amusing.

Why would i need toilet paper to take a piss?

Because he likes to sit down like a lady, and wipe after. :P

I voted yes but I want to shoot someone in the woods while they are taking a dump, that would be so funny it's unreal.:)

I generally believe this whole toilet thing is a waste of time... do we all really wanna take a dump in the woods? we can do that away from dayz.

I'd like to play one day as the Cherno Hobo, running around in his dirty trenchcoat, asking people for beans, throwing toiletpaper at them, if they don't have any to spare, telling them that they are spoiled rich snobs and to go back into their marble palace to their beans-fontains and zombie-butlers... man I'd have so much fun if they only where throwable. Having them unroll in flight would add of course. TP'ing Cherno ftw.

That'd be funnier than jacks dayz drug dealer video