r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

Can you anable neg votes on these forums, so you give beans for + or something for- rep.

I realy want to give you lots of -...

Developer responds to community concern->Gives constant updates on ideas and where patch is heading. Is working close with SA Devs/community to come to a reasonable middleground>Keeps in sensbile features (dangerous zeds), keeps in tackle>trys to make it better less common.

And you want to give negative beans.

Sorry to rude and for the bad langauge to follow (and any consequences yolo) but f*ck off c**t.

OrLoK says: FYI Inception has already dealt with this post. No more reports needed, thanks guys.

Edited by orlok

Hmm... Played yesterday and got hit by zombies quite a bit. Got infected three times, knocked down seven times and didn't bleed a single time. I'd prefer it like this compared to what it used to be (random Mike Tyson hits from full blood, bleeding and shaking all the time etc) if antibiotics were as common of a find as painkillers. I think zombies can hit without the swing animation again too which is weird because they couldn't do it in the last patch.

@ Trizzo

Its a kind of voting, if he gets mostly positive its ok, if he gets negative something is wrong.

I loled at the bad words you used and reported you for insulting me.

Btw, i play Arma 3 alpha, there is a voting system on all features in question and people can express their opinion by casting a vote.

Why isnt this also in DAYz?

Edited by marko4231

DId Razor state anywhere if a fix for this patch will be out anytime soon? I think the answer to that question is what we all came here for.

• Like 1

Bahaha, just ended my hour playsession by finding a helicopter. Think that sounds awesome? I got in, then got out to refuel it and died instantly. The thing ran me over. I got out, and the game decided to plunk me down INSIDE of the helicopter. Instakilled.

Silly DayZ, helicopter isn't door!

do you play on the billy mays server? domeone told me that same story yesterday?

@ Trizzo

Its a kind of voting, if he gets mostly positive its ok, if he gets negative something is wrong.

I loled at the bad words you used and reported you for insulting me.

Btw, i play Arma 3 alpha, there is a voting system on all features in question and people can express their opinion by casting a vote.

Why isnt this also in DAYz?

Luckily masses of players don't actually get to decide what goes into the game. The devs and rocket do. Feel free to fruitlessly express your dayz destroying opinions here. Where it effects nothing.

I was just stalking some guy on NW airfield. He went to loot Baracks and got squished to death when he opened the door.

I heard that happens but never saw it before.

@Trizzo

dayz destroying opinions ? realy.

its all a part of helping the game evolve to some final version. Nothing destructional intended here.

Edited by marko4231

I love the new patch for the time I've been playing it.. going to put in a couple more hours over the weekend. Me and mates ran into 1 of these new survivor camps yesterday.. I've never seen that many zeds spawn in at once :D :D :D Think we were unleashing lead for 5 minutes with mk48s before the last 1 dropped. About 1 minute later a s***load spawned in again. Weird thing was we couldnt get in any of the tents and only found about 2 cans of soda at that camp.

This release most definately means you have to adjust the way you play DayZ now. Good job!!!

If any devs could shine light on this process - it would be much appreciated.

My coding abilities are not the best, so if any mod-makers know what is going on, please speak up.

It's a bit wrong.

I won't explain the code in detail, but we try to limit the amount of zombies/loots *your* gameclient would spawn (not "aggro" only) since a lot them are spawned already. This "a lot" depends on your fps. This code does not delete zombies/loots because your fps drops...

Did someone say DayZ is too PvE oriented? I've heard it all now!

This patch is awesome IMO. Played it some more and encountered quite a few people cooperating and helping each other. People seem to be scared of zeds now which is a refreshing change. I'm not going to say infection rates are not too high, but I see many players not adapting at all and doing what they've been doing in previous patch - moving around zeds as if they're not there and then complaning about zombies being stupidly hard. Yes, there are issues that need to be looked at but overall, one of the best patches so far IMO.

• Like 4

Can you anable neg votes on these forums, so you give beans for + or something for- rep.

I realy want to give you lots of -...

What a great idea.

*cough*

Why don't you post something constructive?

Thank You dev-team!

The first impression of the new patch looks very promising to me.

I may need quite some more time to make an assesment if loot is to scarce (or antis or guns or whatever) or infection rate to high.

How come so many people have so strong opinions in such a short time (like: this HAS to be changed otherwise I or a million others stop playing)?

The whining had the effect, that we already know about a second way to deal with infection.

Let us play a little while to see how all sorts out and if there is stuff which needs to be balanced or adjusted.

The experiences i had in the few hours i could play since release of this patch gave me already some great deja-vu to the old dayZ.

You need to scout the movement of the Zs, think hard if you really risk to go to the loot you see/expect and be very carefull when approaching areas (lying virals behind the houses or in the sheds? GREAT IDEA! Feels like a booby trap with Zs.).

Might be not for a long time when we all figured out the new holes in the system, but for now it looks promising.

The virals are great, the 1st one i saw was in a forest (btw great job whoever made them. the one which looks like Stuart Pearce is a new model?).

Spawned 10 meters away from me.

Man what a moment of fear that was when i realised this is one of the new ones : )

If i might express a premature opinion at all:

Get rid of the old Zs and give us only the virals.

I have full trust in the dev-team and the community that if something is really out of balance in the long run it will be adressed somehow.

As it always has been.

Thank you again guys for this reborn dayZ which made me think a lot how the game changed over time.

• Like 4

we are working to adjust infection and tackle however loot and zeds dmg wont change.

and

4/ Loot tables are fine you mean fix the amount of weapon holders that spawn.

When you say that loot won't change, are you still addressing the massive delay when entering an area before you actually find loot or zeds (never thought a moaning zed would be music to my ears)?

What would be fucking awesome, is if you could fast switch primary weapon to melee!

I've long been wanting 3 ready weapon slots, a Primary, Secondary, and a Melee slot.

I really hated having to drop that MP5SD in order to still use my Hatchet in combat (I had no pack large enough to carry the MP5).

Pro tips to stop infection ; stop rushing like hell and try to avoid zeds. you can play few hours and loot many building without aggro the whole map and being hit by all the Z.

Just focus on what you need (food, drink, anitbiotics just in case ...) and don't take risks you can't handle.

What's the point to have a gun if you can't eat ?

If going into a building is too dangerous (Z, players..), just try another one, or wait. You don't need to rush, you need to survive.

About PvP : If you always aggro, everybody knows where you are.... and you can't defend yourself with tons of Z following you. I'm not a bandit but i saw a lot of them hunting people and finally die because they couldn't escape from zombies and players (me :P)

To all the bandits : don't stop your activity, you make my game experience more intense.

Loved the patch, i played a lot of time with it and i had no problem with Z and infection (1 hit in 5hours). My only problem was to find drink and food, but i finally managed to survive (i was a fresh spawn and now i have guns, ghillie, alice pack, food and drink).

But i can understand some people find it difficult.

Btw, if you want to spawn with a gun and only PvP, stop complain get out of there and go play CoD.

Sorry for my English.

Sheo

EDIT : TL;DR Just play safe and don't rush, you won't be infected...

Edited by Sheo
  • Like 1

What a great idea.

*cough*

Why don't you post something constructive?

I did, search this entire topic, i even sugested that Antibiotics and Painkillers become reusable like gun clips, with several uses.

Nobody ever eats the whole box of pills and the box too like in this game, acept if you are comiting a suicide.

Months ago i sugested that cars and tents display status of inventory (how full) and there we are, its done. Well tents atleast.

• Like 2

The one thing I'd like to see in one of the hotfixes, is to increase the number of melee weapons, namely the low damage ones such as the Crowbar and Baseball Bat. If sneaking is more of a concern and Melee weapons more important, shouldn't they be more common than firearms?

I mean if I wander into a factory I should be able to use at least some kind of pipe or even a wooden branch as a weak melee weapon

+1 on the melee suggestion. It is impossible to use melee weapons without dropping primary. My vote goes to a 3'rd melee slot where bat, hatchet, machete etc etc can be scroll-selected just like switching to sidearm.

This would help a lot now since looting is much harder. I wasted all my 3 stanag-mags when 30 zombies cornered me in a barn :D (btw, I've got food and drinks to last me days now ;))

Edited by Ironhuge
  • Like 1

I would like to see some rare antibiotic drop from those stronger zeds - it would make people to kill more zeds an coop for antibiotic grinding

Pro tips to stop infection ; stop rushing like hell and try to avoid zeds. you can play few hours and loot many building without aggro the whole map and being hit by all the Z.

EDIT : TL;DR Just play safe and don't rush, you won't be infected...

I usually keep a low profile and avoid making any noise, but I think it is useless right now. Zombies can still walk/see/attack you trough walls, I have just seen a zombie walking through the stairs in Rog Castle. Unfortunately, I was not able to record a video about this, because my FPS drops to 5 while recording.

DayZ is unique in the way that it creates a truly immersive survival world.

I know, many people can start critising my reply. To my mind, DayZ is turning into a ghost (not zombie) survival simulator. Many of you are talking about realism. Zombies in DayZ are infected humans. Have you ever seen a human walking through solid objects/appearing out of nowhere (and right behind you)/punching someone from meters away? That's just ridiculous. I understand that it is just a game and that programming is not easy (I am learning C and C++ (I am just a beginner and I am not boasting)), but zombies' behaviour in the previous patch was better: at least they were not walking through walls so often and they were spawned as you got close to their spawnpoints, they didn't suddenly appear when you passed those spawnpoints by. And now they are not just dangerous, they are overpowered. They should be fixed first, and then made harder to deal with.

Just focus on what you need (food, drink, anitbiotics just in case ...) and don't take risks you can't handle.

What's the point to have a gun if you can't eat ?

Right you are. But that's the main problem: many players can't find food and drinks, the essential items needed for survival.

• Like 4

Right you are. But that's the main problem: many players can't find food and drinks, the essential items needed for survival.

I guess they need to learn to hunt. Hunting knifes are available in next to any industrial building, hatchet as well (the one item that is pretty hard to find is matches). Once set, find a water bottle, tin can (available everywhere) and start boiling and you are good to go virtually indefinitely.

Also, I've found that soft drinks and canned food can easily be found in house entrances (not enter-able) and small dog houses. It seems that the super markets are less attractive nowadays in my opinion, so just expand your views and you'll find it's not that hard.

Just some tips.

I would like to see some rare antibiotic drop from those stronger zeds - it would make people to kill more zeds an coop for antibiotic grinding

Then they'd kill you for your share of the antibiotics.

• Like 3

My server won't spawn loot or zombies since this patch, and we can't use building materials (wire fencing, sandbags, tents)