r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

How the hell do you escape from the zombies that chase you? Am i missing something? I cant loose them. Its unplayable. Rolling back to 1.7.6 till its fixed. Nice try, but it needs a lot of work.

How the hell do you escape from the zombies that chase you? Am i missing something? I cant loose them. Its unplayable. Rolling back to 1.7.6 till its fixed. Nice try, but it needs a lot of work.

Step 1: Find Building

Step 2: Stand in the middle of the building

Step 3: Wait for zombies to catch up (May take up to 30 seconds, since they aren't very bright)

Step 4: Run away.

Step 5: Congrats, you now have no more zombies chasing you!

Alternative:

Step 1: Find Hatchet

Step 2: Never take damage from zombies again! Hooray!

Alternative 2:

Step 1: Find steep hill

Step 2: Climb steep hill

Step 3: Run in straight line

Step 4: Congrats, you now have no more zombies chasing you!

This isn't that hard, guys. Rolling back... Ugh. You're kidding, right?

Edited by Zetal
  • Like 1

can someone please confirm that if infected, zeds don't attack you? 1.7.7., the zeds patch :))

Nope... not true.

It should also be noted that line of sight is not completely removed... if you weave through enough trees close together or swing around a tree fast enough, you can still lose them. It takes more work, but it's not impossible.

Alternative:

Step 1: Find Hatchet

Step 2: Never take damage from zombies again! Hooray!

Nope... not true. They can now hit you instantly and aggro'ed zeds jump around you when they get close. You need to get really skilled with the hatchet to handle aggro'ed zeds in the open. I've been using a hatchet to kill zeds since the hatchet became a weapon and know my way around the zeds with a hatchet... these are harder to kill with a hatchet if you're in the open and they're aggro'ed. They aggro to the left or right of you when coming at you... and then you're hit before they even turn.

Use the hatchet in "iron sights" when killing zeds, if you can, or zoom in... this will give you greater range with the hatchet. And kill crawling zeds before they make the animation to stand up. In this build, they start to stand and then are instantly up and you're hit. So, kill them before they get a chance to get up.

Edited by entspeak

Infection can be balanced out with other means antibiotics is not the only way.

• Like 1

Nope... not true.

It should also be noted that line of sight is not completely removed... if you weave through enough trees close together or swing around a tree fast enough, you can still lose them. It takes more work, but it's not impossible.

Nope... not true. They can now hit you instantly and aggro'ed zeds jump around you when they get close. You need to get really skilled with the hatchet to handle aggro'ed zeds in the open. I've been using a hatchet to kill zeds since the hatchet became a weapon and know my way around the zeds with a hatchet... these are harder to kill with a hatchet if you're in the open and they're aggro'ed. They aggro to the left or right of you when coming at you... and then you're hit before they even turn.

Use the hatchet in "iron sights" when killing zeds, if you can, or zoom in... this will give you greater range with the hatchet. And kill crawling zeds before they make the animation to stand up. In this build, they start to stand and then are instantly up and you're hit. So, kill them before they get a chance to get up.

Ah sorry, I didn't mean to suggest players should engage zombies in the open. It was just meant as a 'simplified' version. To reiterate, if you can funnel zombies through a door, it should be very simple to not take any damage. Certainly in the open it's very difficult to maintain the 'no damage taken' status, but it's also not very hard to find a house whenever you have zombies trailing you. A combination of the three methods I listed in my own post and the tips by the fine man I just quoted should keep you alive, guys. Get to surviving!

Oooh... A hint! Hmm... Sleeping in a tent? Resting by a fire?

Edited by Zetal

Im not sure what u mean, could you go more in depth on that?

I noticed with the new food mechanic that I could stave off death from infection for quite awhile by eating every now and then. Perhaps this could be extended on.

For us to be running around in a outbreak scenario leads me to believe that we are already somewhat resistant to the infection plaguing the zeds, so maybe there could be a very small chance at recovery.

Edited by Kra

Sandbogs.

EDIT: I think my profile picture makes that typo even more hilarious.

Edited by RIGHTLY

We have given you tools to see everything you need to. Infection is a pain to cure but it can be slowed down

Yea, you gotta eat every 5-10 mins when infected. Hospitals aren't the only place antis are found, try medical tents too. Just keep eating!

antis can be found hospital,medical tents,crash sites,any military loot spawn.

This patch is really good .

Please stop complaining about the infected , they are still easy to deal with , but are more of a concern when you have other things to worry about , like in gun fight , or trying to get on a bike .

Avoidance is the best idea .

I still would like to see a slow regeneration of blood ( maybe a few hundred per hour , depending on rested state , hunger / thirst / general health ) , this would seem to make sense .

This patch is really good .

Please stop complaining about the infected , they are still easy to deal with , but are more of a concern when you have other things to worry about , like in gun fight , or trying to get on a bike .

Avoidance is the best idea .

I still would like to see a slow regeneration of blood ( maybe a few hundred per hour , depending on rested state , hunger / thirst / general health ) , this would seem to make sense .

This is being looked into as well as sleeping.

• Like 1

stamina as well for zeds as for players? more tactical approaches.

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm a Server Owner, Which exact files do I need for my Server to run the latest Patch?

If there is any tutorials out there could someone link me please?

Thanks,

REDRUMRHY

Have you incresed the range of which zombies spawn in? Afaik it used to be 200, but yesterday when playing random zombies spawned 300m away.

Yea we tried to make the zeds a real threat but like everything you will soon learn how to balance it :-( we have added a few tricks to help you out

What do you mean under these tricks?

Edited by Dafix
  • Like 1

Really enjoying the fact that the game now poses a challenge around Zeds - I've certainly had to up my game.

Not to fussed about the infection situation, more antibiotics would be quite welcome.

Getting knocked down by Zeds constantly is infuriating though, no matter where you seem to go, if you pull agro (which is now easy) and they attack, straight to the floor where they fk you up good and proper. Can't decide if this is happening too often or not?

• Like 2

What do you mean under these tricks?

they dont knock you down when you are walking backwards ;)

(NOT A JOKE!)

Edited by quattro_ger

they dont knock you down when you are walking backwards ;)

(NOT A JOKE!)

Sounds good, except normally surrounded on all sides ;)

Really enjoying the fact that the game now poses a challenge around Zeds - I've certainly had to up my game.

Not to fussed about the infection situation, more antibiotics would be quite welcome.

Getting knocked down by Zeds constantly is infuriating though, no matter where you seem to go, if you pull agro (which is now easy) and they attack, straight to the floor where they fk you up good and proper. Can't decide if this is happening too often or not?

Its alot to do with you running however i'm not happy with the knockdown from the front and we will be changing this to be from the back only. It has been brought up to add a push or knock from the zeds when you run into them.

So tackle from the back when running = Knock down.

While running into a zed = Zed knocks you but you don't fall down

• Like 2

Sounds good, except normally surrounded on all sides ;)

than you did something wrong ;) always have a escaperoute in mind and keep distance. clear the path from longer range...

sneakin in might bring you in trouble.

SD weapons have now IMO the worth of gold - because you will HAVE TO shoot the zeds instead of ignoring them.

makes the game hopefully less pvp and a bit more pve.

getting knocked down over and over again?

"shame on you if you fool me once, shame on me if you fool me twice"

:P

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

Ive joined a few servers running this new patch and the loot spawns seem bugged. I went through Cherno on 3 different servers and there was hardly any loot anywhere at all. Is this just me, or is it actually a problem with the patch atm?