willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

Alpha generally means testing by the developers or a small group that is not external. Beta would then mean released to us, the major player base for testing and we give feedback. Therefore I want to know when they will release the beta, or do they use the terms arbitrarily?

Alpha generally means testing by the developers or a small group that is not external. Beta would then mean released to us, the major player base for testing and we give feedback. Therefore I want to know when they will release the beta, or do they use the terms arbitrarily?

It's a good question but I think they'll just use the term completely arbitrarily. One day they'll just be like "Alright, we're going into Beta." Then again, that's assuming your criteria for Alpha and Beta are correct. I don't know if there are very technical definitions of when something is Alpha or Beta.

Because I've got so many to enjoy I'm not sitting here hanging on every word Rocket says

some of us are not so enlightened.

It's good they're working hard on the game and don't want to release it early.

They have to understand though, they should take advantage of the hype... The longer you wait the more chances of screwing it up because of how careful you are. IMO the game looked very playable for an Alpha build. The zombies looked okay to me, if they can launch an Alpha version where people will not have issues connecting on many different specs, then why not?

I've played many games in Alpha and enjoyed them knowing there was more to come. Alpha is never a stage to enjoying a game, it's more to peak inside the chest. Right now people just want the zombies synced better.

Rocket should panic if the game is in Beta and the Zeds are terrible still, then he has a reason to panic... right now game looks nice and playable, but in the end it's up to him.

IMO the game looked very playable for an Alpha build. The zombies looked okay to me, if they can launch an Alpha version where people will not have issues connecting on many different specs, then why not?

Having a demonstration build up and running on a single machine is very different to allowing thousands of players to use it with all of the issues that could arise from that. Of course it looked very playable (if buggy) in the demo build but there's a lot more to take into account when releasing to a wider audience.

It sounds like Rocket wants nothing more than to release to the public at this stage but there's obviously things he wants to get in place before we can do that.

• Like 3

I remember Matt saying a short while ago that even if they got into office today and said: "let's release it!" They couldn't do it right now because of a lot to do on the commercial and logistical side of things.

• Like 2

Why is there still people moaning about when this game is being released, like they have nothing better to do than sit in front of there computer, watching the screen, moaning at everyone until its released.

Try get a life and play other games for abit or go out for a change, the game will be released when its ready. It's been said before, if they release it now there will be so many people moaning down Deans ear that its buggy and certain things don't work. They want to release a totally new game from the mod and game development TAKES TIME! Especially when there is only a small team working on the game.

I can also guarantee those people saying they are losing interest in the game because its taking to long to come out and probably won't buy they game, most defiantly will!

JC

Edited by xJaffaCake

Why is there still people moaning about when this game is being released, like they have nothing better to do than sit in front of there computer, watching the screen, moaning at everyone until its released.

Try get a life and play other games for abit or go out for a change, the game will be released when its ready. It's been said before, if they release it now there will be so many people moaning down Deans ear that its buggy and certain things don't work. They want to release a totally new game from the mod and game development TAKES TIME! Especially when there is only a small team working on the game.

I can also guarantee those people saying they are losing interest in the game because its taking to long to come out and probably won't buy they game, most defiantly will!

JC

Nobody like a smart guys

• Like 1

Smart guys get all the girls.

Imaginary ones does not count.

• Like 1

Thank you for the compliment

Cause its obvious that the game need more time to get ready, but you can't show us a nipple and just fade away :D

• Like 1

When the game comes out I'm going to be that wild mountain man that runs around the woods and spits dip on my own shoes for fun.

It seems like just yesterday this topic was posted... time sure has flown.

• Like 1

http://nooooooooooooooo.com

I seriously can't wait any longer, they pushed 2-3 updates into the steamdump for DayZ two days ago and I was hyped as hell, this thing has been taking forever and waiting an additional 6+ months is totally unrealistic.

Well, don't be so upset you won't have to wait that long. November is totally unrealistic. I would be willing to bet the game comes out during the steam summer sale. That's between July 12th and the 22nd. If I'm wrong I'll eat my... ah who am I kidding. If I'm wrong I'll keep waiting. I just bought Space Pirates And Zombies for 1.99! It's pretty fun and on sale all weekend.
  • Like 3

It seems like just yesterday this topic was posted... time sure has flown.

yep... kind a strange ... time just goes faster and faster i'm getting older every year that goes like a spark, but SA just didn't comes out (

I'm guessing it will be released towards the middle-end of July

I hope it won't come out before my summer vacation. Cause then I'll cancel it :D

• Like 1

The complaints will somewhere along the lines of...

"Where is my AS.50?"

"This game is way too hard, worst game ever"

"Wheres my hacks...?"

You get the picuture...

Well at least that will eradicate all the CoD kiddies.

Yep, lol.

It's June 29, 2013 - 10:32PM - WHERE THE HELL IS DAYZ SA? I can't play the freaking mod for some stupid reason, tried everything deinstalled, reinstalled everytime I get "Connection Failed" removed router and could connect to 1 measly server with 4 people on it. Every other server "Connection Failed". This is BS release the measly alpha we know it will be bugged but better than the mods newest update that spawns no loot at all. Zombies being more agro I'm cool with, better chance of infection, I'm also cool with. But please release the game so some of us who can't play the mod for whatever reason can play Dayz.

Edited by dayzus

Yep, lol.

It's June 29, 2013 - 10:32PM - WHERE THE HELL IS DAYZ SA? I can't play the freaking mod for some stupid reason, tried everything deinstalled, reinstalled everytime I get "Connection Failed" removed router and could connect to 1 measly server with 4 people on it. Every other server "Connection Failed". This is BS release the measly alpha we know it will be bugged but better than the mods newest update that spawns no loot at all. Zombies being more agro I'm cool with, better chance of infection, I'm also cool with. But please release the game so some of us who can't play the mod for whatever reason can play Dayz. I need to create content on day.us my new Dayz domain.

As much as I also want to play the standalone already, we can't hurry up the progress. It is up to Rocket at this point. All we can do is wait and focus our time elsewhere.