applejaxc

Are All "Hackers" Bad?

I think all hacking is bad.

Whether you doing it with the intent to help, its still exploiting a game.

Anyone who hacks deserves to be banned.

What happened to just playing games properly nowadays..?

That's insulting. I mean, I'm half hero half bandit. Depends on the server on what side I choose. But no, I never played cod, therefore, your remark is invalid, and, also, insulting in a sense

Yes, yes it is

Edited by mrbravo66

I think all hacking is bad.

Whether you doing it with the intent to help, its still exploiting a game.

Anyone who hacks deserves to be banned.

What happened to just playing games properly nowadays..?

Jpmvr10.gif

I'm not choosing a side and excuse me if i'm wrong but didn't he say at one point that they had BattleEye disabled?

Obviously not. They can say they did, but that's just him lying. If you disable BE, it won't monitor your server, therefore you can cheat all you want.

Some hackers manage to be very creative with their hacks like scaring players and creating urban legends in Dayz, my favourite being the creature from black lake and the mysterious stranger, so no, not all hackers are bad

If you want to get philosophical about it...

Being a hacker doesn't make anyone a bad person, but the actual act of hacking is bad.

Even saints have vices.

Depends on how you define hackers.

edit: derp, should have read more. Scriptkiddies are scum.

It's never OK to cheat. Next time you're wondering about why games are so expensive, well blame hackers and pirates.

Your friend should have done his research. Hacking on any servers, private or not that have BE enabled will eventually result in a global ban.

Don't blame hackers and pirates for that. If the publishers could get away with selling their games for a hundred bucks they would. They're ripping people off left and right with their games right now anyway and I doubt they'd have some type of moral issue with continuing to sell their games for 60 bucks if hackers and pirates magically disappeared tomorrow.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago
  • Like 1

Some hackers manage to be very creative with their hacks like scaring players and creating urban legends in Dayz, my favourite being the creature from black lake and the mysterious stranger, so no, not all hackers are bad

Jesus Christ, you think hacking is okay if it's "funny"? Let me voice my thoughts with a sassy Oprah gif.

dWDI4HI.gif

Obviously not. They can say they did, but that's just him lying. If you disable BE, it won't monitor your server, therefore you can cheat all you want.

He also said that someone else reported him after watching the video.

Depends on how you define hackers.

edit: derp, should have read more. Scriptkiddies are scum.

Don't blame hackers and pirates for that. If the publishers could get away with selling their games for a hundred bucks they would. They're ripping people off left and right with their games right now anyway and I doubt they'd have some type of moral issue with continuing to sell their games for 60 bucks if hackers and pirates magically disappeared tomorrow.

I agree but there's no getting away from the fact that the multi-million dollar hacking industry pushes the prices up further, that's just a fact.

• Like 1

Are all "H4x0rs"that bad? When is it okay to cheat, and when isn't it?

I've met some real jerks in DayZ, of the "Hacking" variety; auto-kicked when you shoot them, mass-server-kill (of course I quit the server before dying), nuking Elektro/Cherno, spawning in 1000 zombies and a helicopter to escape on, being teleported into the ocean... et cetera. I've seen it all, on youtube or through personal experience. And it's annoying.

I bring this up for 2 reasons:

1: I was recently playing, and a hacker joined. He gave everyone (I'm assuming) 2 AI teammates. It was... odd. Very odd. Kind of fun. They killed a few zombies, before I shot them; I didn't want to run around with Hackbot 1 and Hackbot 2 at my disposal.

https://www.youtube....h?v=SiyXWKr9jBE

2: I used to play with xPenguin, a good friend who I've made a few youtube videos with. He likes to make machinima videos, and did a series in DayZ following the story of Jack Carver (No, not the Jack Carver from Far Cry 1, 2, and Instincts Evolution). It was fun, and it made me cry... but in order to do it, they had to do admin-side script commands to disable zombies for some shots, or spawn in stuff if they accidentally died while recording and needed a "Redo." At one point they created an entire town in the north-west after burning a forest down in order to do an episode that involved cannibals.

Well after this episode was recorded (about 5 months ago?), some little spit-fire pinprick starting bawling, "YOU ARE A HACKER YOU HACKER BLAMAMAMAMAMAMA." We explained to him,very carefully, and said at the beginning/end of every episode, "This is a private server and all the cheats are done for the sake of content quality." Instead, xPengiun received a global BattlEYE ban.

He went to BattlEYE support, emailed them a manuscript of the youtube comments/the video and explained, carefully, that he was not cheating or using cheats to incite cheating on servers other than his own, which he operated on his own, and had the permission of the players therein. BattlEYE support told him they were very sorry for the false accusation, but there was nothing they could do to lift the ban. He hasn't played DayZ since :(

If your friend had a server with battleye, why didn't you guys simply shut it off while scripting? wtf?

of course you risk getting banned, battleye can't see if the hacks were used in conscience of the server owner or not, think before you do something like that

i can understand you guys did cheat to make better series, but you could have done that on a server without cheat protection...

• Like 1

back in the days of Doom they wernt call hackers they where called modders this game is a mod but the term hacker came from the first person to use modding to kill other in a game instead of adding to the game or making it more fun. So all hacking is bad but moders use what are considered hacks now. just somthing to think about

It surprises me there's much debate to be had here. OP's friend should have done some research before turning his hacks on, I can't see it any other way TBH.

• Like 1

Im an old man stuck in old ways ive seen the gaming community filled with people wanting to help each other it saddends me to see it turned into the crap it is now you got the most kills good for you this isnt real!!!!

same with bandits, i actually hate bandits more then hackers.

Bandits are brainwashed call of duty nubs.

interesting, 2 wrong uses of categories in one post.

People playing dayZ to kill others are deathmatchers, not bandits. Bandits rob and steal.

hacker are security-experts, testing systems. Cheaters are people breaking the games rules and script-kiddies are people, using scripts written by people that know more about coding than they do, to their own advantage.

Comparing hackers with scriptkiddies is like comparing the chief of engineering at GM with a guy on the street breaking into cars, stealing the radio...

• Like 1

I agree but there's no getting away from the fact that the multi-million dollar hacking industry pushes the prices up further, that's just a fact.

I guess. I imagine it hurts the bottom line of some companies but I just don't see pirates being the reason for the pricing. Now I do see pirates being the reason for the terrible failure of some games like Sim City, well pirates and awful decision making on EA's part in an attempt to combat piracy.

Then again, these are the same people that charge 60 bucks for console games. Console games can be pirated but not as easily as PC games and the problem is nonexistent when you compare the two. The biggest concern in console game sales are all the used games hitting the market. People who sell their old games are accused of "stealing" from and "hurting" the poor developers and are blamed for the codes everyone needs just to play online. Codes which can be conveniently bought for five or ten bucks if you happen to own a used copy. Strangely, these same publishers/developers consistently send people to some of the biggest used games outlets with pre-order items and other trinkets. Seems to me they've created a new market for themselves by pumping out over hyped and extremely shallow games that a ten year old can tear through within a week.

That side of the industry are nearly pissing themselves with the thoughts of a digital release-only games for consoles.

• Like 1

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think most of the big game dev companies are bastards.

You really have your way with Gifs dont you :P

May i ask, where the red arse face is from?

Seems to me they've created a new market for themselves by pumping out over hyped and extremely shallow games that a ten year old can tear through within a week.

Within a week? Deadspace 2 took 9 hours when I was 13ish. No game at the age of 10 took more than a day, besides Oblivion.

Within a week? Deadspace 2 took 9 hours when I was 13ish. No game at the age of 10 took more than a day, besides Oblivion.

There always has been and still is loads of epic games that take more than 10 hours to complete :/

• Like 1

There always has been and still is loads of epic games that take more than 10 hours to complete :/

It also took more than 10 hours for Far Cry 3.

Tomb Raider was a let down.

Skyrim wasn't as good as Oblivion.

DayZ/ArmA 2 don't really have an "End point," and the only reason A2 takes more than 10 hours to complete is because there's a crapload

of downtown during missions.

Mirror's edge was also pretty short.

None of the big-title FPS games had long storylines, not that I expected such anyway.

Anything else come out since 2010 that takes more than 10 hours to beat? (that has a storyline and isn't an endless sandbox)