Shrapnell

Starting Gear.. sucks.

Okay, first of all- I'm all fine with these Private Hive servers and stuff having players spawn with say, makarovs, but sometimes they really cross the line.

I just got DayZ a while ago, after seeing all the heart-pumping videos. Expecting that experience, I installed using DayZ Commander.

I joined some servers and after playing on two, I went on another. Instead of being greeted with a simple makarov or nothing when I spawned, it threw me a huge backpack, a winchester shotgun, a G17, a bunch of ammunition, bandages, a hunting knife, a map, and many essential survival tools.

I left after a bit, feeling as if I was playing unlegit.

Afterwards, I joined another and this time it threw me in with an FN FAL along with ammunition. Frustrated, I left.

I joined another server to spawn with an M14A1 and a revolver. Once again, I quit.

The next server I joined was worst.

I was greeted with a ghille suit, a sniper rifle, a silenced M9, 5 bandages, essential survival tools, and plenty- PLENTY- of ammunition.

Are other people experiencing this problem? It gives me a bad taste in my mouth. If most servers are like this, I'm not going to like most servers, or am I just having some bad luck?

I want to play the mod I saw on the forums, not a game where I run around with guns I didn't earn and mess around.

• Like 17

You're just having bad luck. If you really want to find a balanced server, then try out Balota Buddies. We don't have that crap.

But just search around, you'll find good ones. Maybe play on public hives for a while.

Edited by FlamingDefibs

Just bad luck. Each to their own, if people want a server like that it's fine. Just keep looking there is plenty of servers that would suit you I'd say.

Agreed. It is an immensely unsatisfying feeling when you spawn in with ANYTHING more than one simple bandage. Even starting with backpack feels like sort of an easy mode for me. Not neccessarily because I'm "good", but because I am the type that always puts a game on the hardest difficulty setting straight off the bat. It is the only way for me to feel I actually achieved something.

DayZ should be all about scavenging, picking off the useful tools that remain in the world and using it for your benefit. Any boost you get at the start, the most crucial and vulnerable time of all, is in a way easy mode. And to start with a weapon is ultra, easy mode with deathmatch all over the shore.

• Like 1

Agreed. It is an immensely unsatisfying feeling when you spawn in with ANYTHING more than one simple bandage. Even starting with backpack feels like sort of an easy mode for me. Not neccessarily because I'm "good", but because I am the type that always puts a game on the hardest difficulty setting straight off the bat. It is the only way for me to feel I actually achieved something.

DayZ should be all about scavenging, picking off the useful tools that remain in the world and using it for your benefit. Any boost you get at the start, the most crucial and vulnerable time of all, is in a way easy mode. And to start with a weapon is ultra, easy mode with deathmatch all over the shore.

Completely agree. Except I don't play my singleplayer games on.. hard mode.. oh man, I am such a pussy.

Or the one in the sig ;)

BBB is good for the gameplay, but quite honestly the majority of players act like a bunch of kids, along with the admins. I would reccomend this server for you:

http://dayzmod.com/f...whitelist-only/

You're just having bad luck. If you really want to find a balanced server, then try out Balota Buddies. We don't have that crap.

But just search around, you'll find good ones. Maybe play on public hives for a while.

I love how all of you took the opportunity to advertise your favorite servers. <3

I'll probably check all of them out, when I get the chance.

I love how all of you took the opportunity to advertise your favorite servers. <3

We're shallow that way.

<3

Balota Buddies. It's run by the guys who run the DayZ forums and there's no custom starting gear. Right now, most people agree that military gear spawns a little too much, and they're currently trying to balance it out (example: here's what I found in an hour: ). Check it out here: http://balotabuddies.net/

I've seen some servers who'll give you a map and a G17, but jesus, what servers are you joining?

• Like 1

Play main hive servers. They all should have the same basic starting gear and you can get hacked innumerable times ( thus getting to play with your starting gear all the time ) and then you can say you had a true DayZ experiance.

Edited by BTT`

Play main hive servers. They all should have the same basic starting gear and you can get hacked innumerable times ( thus getting to play with your starting gear all the time ) and then you can say you had a true DayZ experiance.

I play on a whitelisted vanilla server, it's nice because it's the actual DayZ experience, and without hackers, or combat ghosting. Admin is great to so it's actually a fun game again, like back in June of 2012 before all the hacking.

I play on a whitelisted vanilla server, it's nice because it's the actual DayZ experience, and without hackers, or combat ghosting. Admin is great to so it's actually a fun game again, like back in June of 2012 before all the hacking.

Where do I sign up? :D

You wouldn't believe how sick I am of playing servers and having so many vehicles that they mean nothing to me. The main reason I'm excited for the SA is the return of hive servers that aren't completely ruined by the kids with scripts.

Sorry but I'm finding this hard to understand; because they spawned you with loot your quitting the server?

Why not just find a loot pile and drop all your stuff and start from scratch on the server, instead of complaining about all the servers?

• Like 1

Usually they will tell you a bit about the starting loadout in the server name, read a little more and you should be able to find the private servers that don't give you fancy loadouts (try whitelisted servers especially, they also tend to be very free of hackers).

Sorry but I'm finding this hard to understand; because they spawned you with loot your quitting the server?

Why not just find a loot pile and drop all your stuff and start from scratch on the server, instead of complaining about all the servers?

Uhm. Please, read the thread again. I think you misunderstood.

• Like 1

Uhm. Please, read the thread again. I think you misunderstood.

i have not misunderstood at all..

You dont like the servers which give you loot when you spawn..

So why not just drop the loot?

• Like 1

I play public hive, UK 172 the server i've fallen in love with, just vanilla dayz no bull crap and it's a public which i'm fond off.

w

100% agree. OP, if you do not like what you have spawned with, just swim in the nearest pond to start your vanilla experience if that suits you... "it is your story", remember?

_Anubis_

• Like 1

w

100% agree. OP, if you do not like what you have spawned with, just swim in the nearest pond to start your vanilla experience if that suits you... "it is your story", remember?

_Anubis_

You are both either trolls or complete idiots. If I am to drop my starting gear and continue playing on this server, I will have a major disadvantage against other players. I do not even wish to play on these servers- I think it is idiotic for this overpowered gear to be given to newly spawned.

As one of my friends has said about this;

'Some little kiddos who couldn't survive in DayZ bought some servers with their Mom's credit cards and made it so you don't have to do any work to get anything'

I mean, there are non-PVP servers, servers with gunshops, and servers with snipers and ghillie suits that will greet you at spawn.

Seriously.

It ruins it.

• Like 3

I just quit any starting gear server I come across, but in a way I'm glad they are out there. It alerts me right off that bat that the players there are probably not the types I'd like to hang with. I always just assume those servers are for the cherno/elektro deathmatchers.

I like having to scrape things together and establishing a fresh spawn. I like having to brave a town with low blood and half a mak mag because I need to find matches. Those are the moments when PvE becomes most interesting.

Because the mod has been engineered away from survival to full on PvP with the odd zombie. I personally blame those <17

I honestly hope the SA version will remove that.

Edited by YouCanRun

You are both either trolls or complete idiots. If I am to drop my starting gear and continue playing on this server, I will have a major disadvantage against other players. I do not even wish to play on these servers- I think it is idiotic for this overpowered gear to be given to newly spawned.

As one of my friends has said about this;

'Some little kiddos who couldn't survive in DayZ bought some servers with their Mom's credit cards and made it so you don't have to do any work to get anything'

I mean, there are non-PVP servers, servers with gunshops, and servers with snipers and ghillie suits that will greet you at spawn.

Seriously.

It ruins it.

if play efficiently you wont be at a disadvantage. also how does non pvp ruin the game whe nowadays dayz is just a deathmatch

if play efficiently you wont be at a disadvantage. also how does non pvp ruin the game whe nowadays dayz is just a deathmatch

Until the standalone, heart-pumping action isn't normally caused by the zombies, sadly. Hopefully the standalone will fix this. I want to have panic-attack inducing moments with zombies, but the ones in the mod don't cause them that often. The players on the other hand, do.

Until the standalone, no PVP- sadly- really means no fear. Sure, zombies, they sometimes get you, but most of the time they don't make you furiously keep those buttons on your keyboard tight so you can make sure you survive.

Hopefully the standalone will fix this.