Dai Tou Zai

If hero's run faster than bandits than what do bandits do better than a hero?

when i was at 97K (lost it all when character was wiped) i wanted a Jesus skin at 100k

• Like 1

They have the buff of having no moral compass, it's a really good buff in a post apocalyptic world.

the tea towel is enough, why should you be rewarded for killing players?

Not saying you should be rewarded, but that is what the whole game revolves around.

Actually, the hardest play style would be playing as a bandit, because as Inception mentioned, bandits were originally players who robbed others, not killed them.

Playing as a 'true' or 'original' bandit would be much harder than playing as a hero, especially if your victim was armed.

Contrary to popular belief, I have seen more friendly players than bandits and friendly players are obviously more likely to attack someone who is doing stealing their stuff, rather than someone who is trying to help, and team up with them.

Unfortunately their are no "original" bandits left in my experience and the term "bandit" has become synonymous with KOS. I don't think the gameplay mechanics as they are ATM allow for proper bandit play, hopefully that'll get sorted in the SA though.

I've played with people that call themselves proper bandits. All I saw them doing was either killing on sight or occasionally talking to people before killing them. Either that or they ignored a potential target thus making them think they weren't KOS players.

Edited by Fraggle

the only thing i know what bandits have in advantage is that their backpack is hidden, like when you wear a ghillie, so its easier to hide with an banditskin but besides that there arent any pluses :)

• Like 1

Heroes, whatever that means, run faster then bandits? And who's bright idea was that? I thought the object of the game was for the players to make their own choices on how they play.

Oh, wait, this wouldn't be any PG BS so that the standalone can be sold to all age groups, would it?

And no, I'm not a bandit...but the constant rewards/punishments for playing a certain way are starting to feel more, and more, like impositions of certain ethic criteria, whatever that means, on players.

• Like 1

I like the bandit play style. It's just hard to incapacitate people to a point you can rob them of anything worth while without being shot. I've come to a kill on sight play style when I'm around cherno/elektro/NW Airfield or Stary. Taking the risk of being a nice guy in those areas is just not worth it these days.

They have a way easier life? KoS, get stuff, done. A Hero meanwhile has to be way more careful, trustful, helpful.

That's not always the case. I've seen some people running around in a hero skin killing people. Not sure how they mange to keep them.

I'd love to have the hero skin just because it looks awesome but I'm going towards becoming a full time bandit. There's really no point to even trying to be a hero if every time you shoot back in self-defense it counts as a murder and only hurts you more.

Every time I've tried to work towards lowering my humanity, it ends up becoming worse by the end of the day.

You get those people who bitch about bandits killing on sight, but yet they do the same to bandits. I simply just kill anything that poses a slight threat to me or my squad.

Edited by CS14

Hero skin, bandit skin, and imposed moral compass feature coming into a game that's supposed to simulate a lawless sand boxed zombie apocalypse. Counter intuitive and immersion breaking. Also kind of hand holdy

• Like 1

I believe a bandit's Douchebaggery rating goes up.

You gotta be happy with that.

• Like 1

I am okay with this.

So am I, but only because I like the skin better than the default. In standalone there will be more customization, so killing people won't be the only way to change my character skin. Ushanka, please.

If hero's run faster than bandits than what do bandits do better than a hero?

Kill and steal indiscriminately and profit from that?

Completely forgot about that! ...And your backpack is often the thing that gives away your position, especially if you're prone.

Which, again, makes it easier to kill players and harder to play as a hero. I mean really. Hero's have such a difficult playstyle already, if there were perks to a bandit EVERYONE would be one. And if you think this game is hell now...

The easy cowadice of being a bandit is its own reward.

If everyone was a brave hero, the game wouldn't be as interesting, would it?

If everyone was a brave hero, the game wouldn't be as interesting, would it?

it wouldnt, i kinda like that hero's are a rare breed, sometimes new players see me in game and are fascinated by my character model, kinda cool when that happens.

• Like 1

Hero's do not run faster, it's a myth.

What I assume has been happening is people have been running for awhile, and they changed to a hero, and it reset their stamina/how tired you are back to the normal state. So you'll be faster for a few minutes until you're tired again. Much like you're faster when you're a brand new spawn, but you get slower the more you run.

No, they DO run faster.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't bandits get a faster calm down from running for aim steadying purposes?