mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

You are exaggerating. A game should not torture the player, nor your mouse/keyboard lol... Maybe you should have a little device that will kick you in the nuts every time you are being shot? :P You know... cuz in real life it hurts too! :D

Also, I owe a couple pellet rifles. I don't see anything uncomfortable aiming them... Snipers, for example, can aim for hours if needed...

Holding a button for a minute - Silly.

Edit: ^ Sarcasm you know... <.< gosh...

Wait, did he just compare a pellet gun to an actual gun? Why spit bullshit straight out of your ass? Talk about what you know not what you think you know.

I didnt see your edit, I am sorry and I am gay.

Edited by coolright
  • Like 1

Wait, did he just compare a pellet gun to an actual gun? Why spit bullshit straight out of your ass? Talk about what you know not what you think you know.

I didnt see your edit, I am sorry and I am gay.

HE'S GAI ER MER GERD GET OFF THIS FORUM!

Whether or not it's directed to you, or another person; don't use gay as an insult!

• Like 1

hah) To clarify once again, yeah it was sarcasm, I didn't not compare real guns to pellet guns obviously jeez... But on a serious side note, I have a Tanfoglio Witness 1911, it's a Metal BB full metal CO2 replica of the actual Colt 1911. An awesome toy, weighs about the same as the real one, blow-back too. So technically, I could compare that one :D I recommend it for those who like to play with CO2/Pellet/Metal BB guns :)

Edited by osallivan

Bet you a can of beans if we get an update. :P

One thing that needs to be worked on before they re-implement vehicles in Standalone...

There needs to be more than one way for a vehicle to meet its ultimate demise... Tires can be replaced, sure. But for god's sake... whenever a vehicle is knocked out... it doesn't ALWAYS or even most of the time... EXPLODE in a massive fireball killing all of the occupants.

Moreover, simply running into a tree at 30 mph shouldn't be grounds for a vehicle to explode every... single... time.

The vehicles are teacups against the environment, I'm pretty sure a good 60% of my deaths over the past year have been accidentally nicking the edge of a jersey barrier or tree stump and having my mostly intact vehicle spontaneously combust.

I think the player him/herself should sustain a lot more damage/broken limbs on significant crashes rather than the vehicle. Or rather, that it should vary. Sometimes, my engine should just die if too much damage is taken... or my fuel tank busts and won't hold any gas. As of now, none of these really happen before the vehicle itself explodes.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 4

Having grown up watching hollywood movies I can assure you this is exactly how it happens.

• Like 10

The problem is not having better options for raising/lowering our weapons, but to encourage players not to always have the weapon raised.

The best solution for this is simply make it so that you start getting tired after maintaining your weapon risen so much time, so that you aim worse over time.

The problem is not having better options for raising/lowering our weapons, but to encourage players not to always have the weapon raised.

The best solution for this is simply make it so that you start getting tired after maintaining your weapon risen so much time, so that you aim worse over time.

the problem is the only reason in the entire game for teamwork is the helicopter. Yes i know bloodbags require another person. But real groups only go after one thing: the heli. And after that? Become a bandit. How do i know this? Ive been there. After you have a couple of cars, a heli and a huge camp, the game becomes boring, with absolutely nothing to do but shoot people.

the problem is the only reason in the entire game for teamwork is the helicopter. Yes i know bloodbags require another person. But real groups only go after one thing: the heli. And after that? Become a bandit. How do i know this? Ive been there. After you have a couple of cars, a heli and a huge camp, the game becomes boring, with absolutely nothing to do but shoot people.

Well, this is your problem.

told you so

But arent you just doing what is intended "Surviving" We were playing with our big Group we took over Electro until a smarter and better Group attacked us and killed everyone of us. They survived and we didnt, was fantastic. If a Zombie apocalypse was to happen, most would be vulnerable at the begining, but as people became better equipped Zombies would become secondary to Survival

Or maybe just stick to the devs giving us info. That'd be nice. I see where you're coming from but I don't want to hear an interview or the other guy's opinions on it (no offence Rhino), it's WAY too early for that, their time will come when the game is in a playable state.

I'd just like nice juicy nuggets of info and some screenshots. Also, I'm at the point where I don't really want to know too much more TBH so I hope the devs (I know they are) keep some surprises up their sleeve, too much info is a bad thing. If people keep crying for more and more info then let them cry I say.

They need to do something. The videos are awful and unbearable to watch. I am not the only one that feels this way. Maybe give the Reddit mods the ability to record next time.

They need to do something. The videos are awful and unbearable to watch. I am not the only one that feels this way. Maybe give the Reddit mods the ability to record next time.

W-What.. Did R-R-Rhino CR-R-R-R-R-R-RUNCH just criticise a video of being unbearable? I'm confused...

By the way: These are Developer Blogs. They're giving small updates of how the Game is progressing, not P.R. Interviews. Whilst a little awkward it still stays true to what it's trying to do; Give information to the Community directly from the lips of people Developing and Testing the game.

• Like 1

Items being entities (durability) ...zombies being a real thread...new loot spawn system (NO loot maps)...new health and disease system....crafting...combat tweaks ( no crosshair, less ammo and military weapons, gun jamming and deterioration etc)...radios ( DON'T USE TEAMSPEAK)...writing notes and books...chernarus+ (complete map overhaul, all interiors enterable)...new weather system....vehicle overhaul ...base building....

The possible scenarios are nearly endless and should keep everyone busy for a very long time!

If a Zombie apocalypse was to happen, most would be vulnerable at the begining, but as people became better equipped Zombies would become secondary to Survival...

...giving bored and civilized people the freedom to de-evolve into murderous animals, and merc each other out like they always wanted to in their so-called 'civilized' society... nice.

If this is the case then it implies two things:

1) that boredom, privilege and an unquenchable thirst for violence causes 'civilized' human beings to suck immensely. You all probably deserve to be eaten by zombies or done away with by some really, really mean Aliens, then.

2) Given its current architecture DayZ will probably de-evolve into all out PvP, if greater challenge (quests/skills/crafting system) and less privilege are not implemented.

Edited by codestargod