Sign in to follow this  
V2_Danny

Replace the AS50 and M107 with the KSVK?

Replace M107 and AS50 with the KSVK?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should we replace the M107 and AS50 with the KSVK?

• Ofcourse, i hate the semiautomatic Anti-Material rifles1
    • No, i need my sprayable Anti-Material rifle!
    • I want all 3, .50 cal squad GO!
    • I don´t want any Anti-Material rifles, theyre overpowered!

I'll keep on destroying them with my backpack :)

Got an M40A3 & DMR yesterday on Origins and the only use I have for them is the NPCs in Salvation City. I'm not a coward sitting on some hill shooting people miles away.

This is retarded.. Just decrease the spawn rate to make it very very rare... I mean honestly guys you don't need to remove it. You would be surprised how many anti material rifles a military installation can have, sure not an airport but you know what i mean.

Okay, let me get this straight. Wantng to replace NATO .50 caliber weaponry with a Russian bolt-action .50 cal that is more balanced and fits the setting of the game in a much more realistic and immersive way is retarded?

Wow.

people need to stop crying about the snipers in the game, 80% of the people with them are hackers barley anyone has legit AS50's anymore. They are fine in the game just stay out of cherno... and elektro. and all of your vote options are biast and lean toward voting out sniper rifles...sorry but in a apocalypse scoped weapons would be the most common.

people need to stop crying about the snipers in the game, 80% of the people with them are hackers barley anyone has legit AS50's anymore. They are fine in the game just stay out of cherno... and elektro. and all of your vote options are biast and lean toward voting out sniper rifles...sorry but in a apocalypse scoped weapons would be the most common.

AS50s are not "common" anywhere in the world. Is any military even currently issuing them? I thought the UK was still using the Accuracy International .50s.

I want scoped weapons capable of reaching out 1000m+, I just don't want AS50s.

I'm sure there are more people with iron sights and aimpoint like devices than scopes, they are easier to use ( imo a minority of weapon owners actually shoot beyond 200m and score a hit ) and won't fail you in a world without spare parts from the internet or wallmart. And in a world flooded with AKs we already have an iron sight majority. :P

I'm sure there are more people with iron sights and aimpoint like devices than scopes, they are easier to use ( imo a minority of weapon owners actually shoot beyond 200m and score a hit ) and won't fail you in a world without spare parts from the internet or wallmart. And in a world flooded with AKs we already have an iron sight majority. :P

Red dot and holographic sights are definitely not more common than scopes. Probably nowhere near as common outside of the US.

If you look up pictures of Russian hunters, they seem to have shotguns for the most part (legal reasons). Others have rifles, some using irons, some scoped. Foreign trophy hunters seem to all bring in scoped bolt actions. I think more rifles like the CZ550 would make sense.

Edited by Gews

Realisticly 50. Cal sniper rifles shouldn't be around Chernarus, it doesn't seem that there is or ever was a need for them. But if one was the be introduced to balance out air vs ground, then I'd say add the KSVK and remove the AS50 and M107.

TL,DR I think there shouldn't be any american made firearms in dayZ. Especially in a Russian Themed country there should be soviet-made firearms

• Like 1

DayZ should be about skill. Not finding a superweapon capable of killing anything with one shot. Helicopters included. It's an 'easy mode' button in a tough, gritty game. They don't belong.

Keep the M107, remove the AS50 an add the KSVK.

No there shouldn't even be any American weapons in a Russian country. They should be russian firearms

Lol so many losers crying about the possibility of not being able to get one shot kills. I have found 3 m107's in the last few weeks and mearly every single bandit I've killed has had one of those two guns. Just because the loot table has a small chance to.drop one means mothing because people hold on to them. When I.find one I throw it in the nearest bush. Don't let anyone ever try to kid you, they are 100% a coward's weapon and should not be in Dayz. To the moron saying well its in Arma2 then where are my Dayz tanks and Apache's?

Way to go throwing insults at people with different opinions than you!

Why shouldent they be in DayZ the Developer of the Mod put them in you know Rocket. Who the hell are you to say they shouldent be in the game mr nobody?

When your done throwing insults around just take yourself back to the BF3/Battlelog forums where you can revel in no 50cals with all the other cool dudz.

No there shouldn't even be any American weapons in a Russian country. They should be russian firearms

Well then lets remove all the Non russian weapons not just the sniper rifles if your serious!

Edited by trichome

Well then lets remove all the Non russian weapons not just the sniper rifles if your serious!

I'm all for it as long as the weapon has a reasonable background how it came there. I can't remember any western weapon beeing fielded in the russian countries and the few beeing there due to the history of Chernarus are way too common compared to the "local weapons". 8/10 our group killed had western weapons, hell even our group had an overabundance of western weapons which is really weird imo. You can't tell me they left that many guns after they handed Chernarus to the russians and that was afaik about 10 years ago...

I want all three. I don't think they are overpowered and even if I did I would not care. Fuck that carebear bullshit this is dayz. Don't want to get blown into pieces by a 50 then don't play the game or don't run around cherno like an idiot. Don't understand why people hate it so much. I suspect it is because they got killed by them a lot because in a game that's supposed to be brutal and hardcore like day z that is the only reason I can come up with. I have been killed with them. it doesn't bother me. In my experience any sniper rifle is "easy mode".

I want all three. I don't think they are overpowered and even if I did I would not care. Fuck that carebear bullshit this is dayz. Don't want to get blown into pieces by a 50 then don't play the game or don't run around cherno like an idiot.

I don't understand the overpowered complaints either (killed by a .50 caliber once, only once), yet I don't want these rifles in the game. I think it's unrealistic survivors would want to carry around a 30-lb rifle with magazines that weigh 4 lbs a piece!

I want to be blown apart in one shot at 1200m ranges by .338 Lapua rifles, or .300 Winchester Magnum, etc... would do the same job, just more believably.

Just my 2 cents.

Tbh reason why i liked dayz was because of the military hardware you got to use in a zombie applocyse like 50 cals,rangefinder,ghillie suits,satchel charges etc. If it goes too much cilvian it will make the weapons on the game damn boring. Doesnt matter if you wouldnt find a as50 regulalry in the czech rebulic in real life its a awsome long range weapon and its a game. Also you guys say some stuff is way to over powered. But were not playing a competitive fps were playing a survial game and also dayz is not like cod when you shoot someone and its just hit markers then they kill you with a MSMC with long barrel. Its dayz and every guns is powerfull and can kill in nearly 1 hit as it should be.

Edited by jona

Oh, about my last post, I was thinking ahead, to the standalone. Right now we don't have any suitable replacement for the .50 cals (except the KSVK, but that's another .50 cal). I think the AS50 should go (uses .338 sound, bugged mil dots, and bugged damage) and be replaced by the KSVK. I don't mind keeping the M107.

If it goes too much cilvian it will make the weapons on the game damn boring.

Meh' date=' not in terms of sniper rifles. Civilian long-range rifles are every bit as good as the military stuff.

Check out this GA Precision in .243 Winchester:

[img'] z7cHMNI.jpg?1

or this Surgeon XL in .338 Lapua

vjiTArj.jpg

I don't find hunting rifles boring either, this Weatherby Mk.5 would be nice

db423ny.jpg?1

or guns like the Ruger Scout I posted the other day, or the semi-auto Browning BAR

Y5NWQVe.jpg?2

kte3ZoN.jpg?1

Edited by Gews

In my opinion guns in general should be made really rare.

If the main focus of the SA is going to be survival in an apocalyptic scenario(fighting diseases and the procuring of food and water), then I don't see the need to maintain the commonplace nature of gun spawns.

One of the reasons we are seeing so much deathmatching is very probably the abundance of guns. The game is not going to be a first person shooter so I don't think we need this many guns at all.

Edited by TheSodesa

Getting rid of the M107 and AS50 has been something I've wanted for the past month. I hate the two guns. I feel way over powered using them but I feel like I have to use them if I'm going to take down another .50 cal sniper. I am all in favor of this suggestion.

We actually have the KSVK on my server. It is only spawnable through the admin panel, but we spawn some in and give them out to random players from time to time.

The downsides are there is no ammo that spawns for them AND they have the ability to lock onto and track targets (I do not mean the bullets will hone in on targets).

Honestly though, I do like the idea of changing it to the bolt action KSVK instead of the semi auto's we currently have.