Sign in to follow this  
V2_Danny

Replace the AS50 and M107 with the KSVK?

Replace M107 and AS50 with the KSVK?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should we replace the M107 and AS50 with the KSVK?

• Ofcourse, i hate the semiautomatic Anti-Material rifles1
    • No, i need my sprayable Anti-Material rifle!
    • I want all 3, .50 cal squad GO!
    • I don´t want any Anti-Material rifles, theyre overpowered!

Disclaimer: I browsed the forum first, and i didnt find any topics specificly on this idea, although i found several suggestions as replies in other topics that were in some way related. If i have missed a topic working towards this exact change, please bury this topic.

Disclaimer: This is a change suggestion for the MOD, not the SA!

The M107 and AS50 rifles. The stable of big bandit groups, hackers and abusing admins alike. It rarity of ammo, and loud nature makes it ineffective agaisnt zombies. So their existence is to murder players, destroy vehicles and the like. And we need a weapon like that. How is the single players, or 2 man group going to do anything againts a convoy of 3 Urals without destroying the Urals. How are they going to take down a helicopter putting fire on them without a powerfull rifle (possibly spraying Mk48 at it)?

While these are good reasons we need a anti-material rifle, and i support the idea of having a anti-material rifle, there are some big problems.As it stands right now, we have 2, semi automatic AM rifles, one of which even accepts both kinds of magazines availible for AM rifles. And with the way ammo spawns in DayZ, you just need to do a deerstand run ever so often, and you will never run out of M107 mags. How that should be fair to a SVD rifle, that has less power, and is more rare i don´t know.

Now my suggestion is, we get rid of the AS50 and the M107, and instead we have the KSVK Russian AM rifle. Its still a 1 shot kill. Its still long range effective, and it still looks awesome. It would avoid having bandits spam alot of .50 rounds at a target, making quick follow-up shots, thereby giving people a chance to run away, and make the weapon harder/more skilled to use. It is a more realistic fit to the game too. (Somehow i don´t see the realism of that ammount of NATO AM rifles in a small ex-soviet republic). It should be a rare spawn, but should spawn at Barracks and Heli Crash Sites. The spawn chance should be the same as the SVD Camo, though the ammo should be more common than SVD mags. (they need to be more common too for that matter, but thats another discussion). The biggest problem right now is that the weapon removes your backpack, but it should not be to hard to the remove that feature. Anyway this is just a brainwave i have been having, let me know what you think. (added a poll for easier use of thoughts).

Edited by V2_Danny
  • Like 4

bolt action would balance the problem slightly. just make it ultra rare

As far as BALANCE goes, you have my approval.

As far as anti-material rifles in a zombie survival game goes.. Just get rid of them all. (Which is my final vote.)

The mod doesn't really bother me anymore, no matter what you can get in-game. All I'm concerned about at the moment is the Standalone.

Yes for god sakes yes, remove the big ass rifles pls :)

A weapon with that kind of dmg doesnt belong in the mod tbh, its to powerfull.

This is retarded.. Just decrease the spawn rate to make it very very rare... I mean honestly guys you don't need to remove it. You would be surprised how many anti material rifles a military installation can have, sure not an airport but you know what i mean.

Edited by BBB Bambi

This is retarded.. Just decrease the spawn rate to make it very very rare... I mean honestly guys you don't need to remove it. You would be surprised how many anti material rifles a military installation can have, sure not an airport but you know what i mean.

Since a lot more will be found than completely lost due to despawning corpes the problem will be noticable once you exceed a certain threshold.

I'm not entirely against those rifles or any kind of long range weapon, it's just the ease of use that bothers me.

The problem with anti-material sniper rifles is duping and hacking - remove the two and problem solved. In my entire play time I've come across 1 legit AS50 and 1 legit M107; the AS50 on Utes and M107 on Namalsk and that's the way it was mean't to be: VERY rare.

If this happens in the future, I do expect some kind of refund for the players that worked their asses of finding those guns? AS50's dont spawn around every corner which this topic is basically about. In all my time playing this game I've seen the AS50 legitimate 3-4 times, and the ammo, hell. In my few months of playing I found 2-4 M107 rounds. And per day of playing I travel about 10km.

Point being. Some people worked hard to get their hands on them. They are extremely rare(based on the information from the wikipedia.)

Not a lot of people have them but a good amount do have them. And you asking to remove 2 weapons that are in the Arma game themselves, is a pretty big deal, considering having to script them out of the game, making them not spawn, and then making every server update so they don't exist.

If you have that feel towards such weaponry, I suggest you find a private server that has no AS50's or M107's. I'm not telling you what to do here, but since for now they are not removed from the game, I advise you to find a server which removed them. I hope that fixes it untill they make a final decision on this matter.

Also, I do agree, they are extremely powerful, and they are rare and the ammo is rare as well, not to mention that most players die before they reach day 10 of their character.

I feel the AS50's or m107's are the kind of reward you get for playing hard and working hard to get them. Also, I saw some of you were complaining on hackers spawning them in, you cannot remove them from the game(Don't quote me on that, I'm not sure but it seems like that's the way how it works.), you can only make them not spawn in the game. Scripters however, can just script themselves some new ones. Making them now even more powerful considering the other players don't have that kind of weapon..

On a side note, I do like the looks of the KVSK, where do you get that weapon?

Anyways, that is just my general opinion on the matter(General. Opinion).

And I have a feeling that this topic is the same deal as one thing I ran into at a server.

A hacker came on, and said, if you want free stuff, say my name and I'll TP to you. Since he was giving free stuff away, nobody went mad on him for being a scripter. Everyone, literally, everyone turned to a suck up in just a second. But when the scripters kill them, they complain about it.(Facepalm). So it's the same issue here, I don't say all of you are like this, but I bet that 5 in 100 people would stop complaining about the AS50's / M107's if they had them, and the game changed into their favour.

So that's why my vote is to keep the AS50's, M107's and the KVSK. If not, then at least refund the players who worked hard to get them.

Edited by Ratsmon
  • Like 1

It doesn´t exist within DayZ at this time and date. The only way to get it is to be a admin on your own private hive, or spawn it using scripts.

If this happens in the future, I do expect some kind of refund for the players that worked their asses of finding those guns? AS50's dont spawn around every corner which this topic is basically about. In all my time playing this game I've seen the AS50 legitimate 3-4 times, and the ammo, hell. In my few months of playing I found 2-4 M107 rounds. And per day of playing I travel about 10km.

During my time as server admin i saw at least half of the players who joined our server having the AS50 and a lot of AS50 TWS, too even after they decreased the spawn rate of most high powered weapons...not really rare imo...proly duped but still...

It's not the fact that they are unrealistic because they can be found at chopper crashes or barracks, it's more the fact that it disrupts the balance of the game.

If you wanted to go the realism route, you could argue that only an idiot would carry around an anti-material rifle in a real apocalypse scenario.

• Like 1

It doesn´t exist within DayZ at this time and date. The only way to get it is to be a admin on your own private hive, or spawn it using scripts.

They're in Namalsk

It's not the fact that they are unrealistic because they can be found at chopper crashes or barracks, it's more the fact that it disrupts the balance of the game.

If you wanted to go the realism route, you could argue that only an idiot would carry around an anti-material rifle in a real apocalypse scenario.

Agreed! But then again you might get a hold my beer from a guy trying to make his target into yogurt.

Yes for god sakes yes, remove the big ass rifles pls :)

A weapon with that kind of dmg doesnt belong in the mod tbh, its to powerfull.

Speak for yourself! Just remove yourself pls with the rest of the whiners.

I'm really sick and tired of n00bs calling for more dumbing down of DayZ.

Point being. Some people worked hard to get their hands on them. They are extremely rare(based on the information from the wikipedia.)

Not a lot of people have them but a good amount do have them. And you asking to remove 2 weapons that are in the Arma game themselves, is a pretty big deal, considering having to script them out of the game, making them not spawn, and then making every server update so they don't exist.

If you have that feel towards such weaponry, I suggest you find a private server that has no AS50's or M107's. I'm not telling you what to do here, but since for now they are not removed from the game, I advise you to find a server which removed them. I hope that fixes it untill they make a final decision on this matter.

Also, I do agree, they are extremely powerful, and they are rare and the ammo is rare as well, not to mention that most players die before they reach day 10 of their character.

I feel the AS50's or m107's are the kind of reward you get for playing hard and working hard to get them. Also, I saw some of you were complaining on hackers spawning them in, you cannot remove them from the game(Don't quote me on that, I'm not sure but it seems like that's the way how it works.), you can only make them not spawn in the game. Scripters however, can just script themselves some new ones. Making them now even more powerful considering the other players don't have that kind of weapon..

Anyways, that is just my general opinion on the matter(General. Opinion).

And I have a feeling that this topic is the same deal as one thing I ran into at a server.

A hacker came on, and said, if you want free stuff, say my name and I'll TP to you. Since he was giving free stuff away, nobody went mad on him for being a scripter. Everyone, literally, everyone turned to a suck up in just a second. But when the scripters kill them, they complain about it.(Facepalm). So it's the same issue here, I don't say all of you are like this, but I bet that 5 in 100 people would stop complaining about the AS50's / M107's if they had them, and the game changed into their favour.

So that's why my vote is to keep the AS50's, M107's and the KVSK. If not, then at least refund the players who worked hard to get them.

Nice post and well tought out. Currently the KSVK spawns on Namalsk. Not sure about the other maps as I havent played them in months only Namalsk. The AS50 is ultra rare as it is. Took me over 6mths to find one on our Namalsk server.

How would you know what somebody would carry around with them in a real apocalypse? Have you been in one????

Cause you know if I came accross a 50Cal sniper rifle in an apocalypse I'd grab it and protect it with my life. I'm not going to go oh thats overpowered I'm not going to take it, lol that even sounds retarded.

Only an idiot would assume nobody would carry 50Cals if they could get them!

For weapons that are very rare,there sure are a lot of them.

Get rid of them

Edited by AussieBobby
  • Like 1

Just saying..

It's Anti-Materiel. Not Anti-Material.

A common error.

Sorry about that.

Since playing around a lot with the Arma-Editor, i see no need to keep the OP AM-Rifles since there are enough alternatives (M110, Dragunovs, MK12 SPR...)

How would you know what somebody would carry around with them in a real apocalypse? Have you been in one????

Cause you know if I came accross a 50Cal sniper rifle in an apocalypse I'd grab it and protect it with my life. I'm not going to go oh thats overpowered I'm not going to take it, lol that even sounds retarded.

Only an idiot would assume nobody would carry 50Cals if they could get them!

What to do with ?

remember, both weight approx 15kg with empty mag, that's just 5 time the weight of an AR, which would also let you be more mobile (shorter lenght). It has an insanely high space-weight/ammo capacity ratio. So yeah, I don't really see why you would bother actually.

Unless you plan and sit to snipe ppl 1 mile away, which not always fall on the zombocalypse agenda.

Lol so many losers crying about the possibility of not being able to get one shot kills. I have found 3 m107's in the last few weeks and mearly every single bandit I've killed has had one of those two guns. Just because the loot table has a small chance to.drop one means mothing because people hold on to them. When I.find one I throw it in the nearest bush. Don't let anyone ever try to kid you, they are 100% a coward's weapon and should not be in Dayz. To the moron saying well its in Arma2 then where are my Dayz tanks and Apache's?

Since playing around a lot with the Arma-Editor, i see no need to keep the OP AM-Rifles since there are enough alternatives (M110, Dragunovs, MK12 SPR...)

Won't stop them not playing the game as intended...

Anyone who says that the AS50 and M107 are rare are blithering idiots.

I picked up an M107.

Then I dropped it for an AS50.

And then I passed over TWO MORE AS50's. In a SINGLE life. On a SINGLE server.

Heli crashes spawn anti-material rifles disgustingly often.