Ozelot (DayZ)

Illegal drugs

Fallout style drugs that have addiction chances and different positive (and negative) effects should be in the game. Some should almost never cause addiction, like painkillers. While some should have a high addiction rate, like morphine. While others still should have EXTREMELY high addiction rates, with debilitating effects for not taking more of it.

Drug trafficking should become a professional option in Dayz. It might be interesting if you could even make your own with certain chemicals.

• Like 4

Yup, controversial but I like it. An underground world of drug trafficking would be a great addition. I think the new desease mechanic (when introduced) will add many new drugs but the more the merrier.

Combat trousers filled with 9-bars FTW!

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Wouldn't be something I'd be interested in, but I could see how it would make sense.

I'd like it to apply to medicinal items, also.

Not sure how integration could work for this. Just add dime bags or 8balls to loot tables? Not sold on this idea.

• Like 2

Rocket's stated at one point that drugs would be a serious issue in the End-of-Days scenario. :rolleyes:

I'm all for this idea if It's done correctly. It adds a whole new metagame to the world.

• Like 2

Rocket's stated at one point that drugs would be a serious issue in the End-of-Days scenario. :rolleyes:

I'm all for this idea if It's done correctly. It adds a whole new metagame to the world.

What the crack sandwich?

must be a good sandwich...

Wouldn't be something I'd be interested in, but I could see how it would make sense.

I'd like it to apply to medicinal items, also.

All drugs are medicine and all medicines are drugs, so of course it would.

Like snorting a kilo bag of Coke? just before you get eaten? Zombies on smack?

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

All drugs are medicine and all medicines are drugs, so of course it would.

You know what I mean. Items use for a medical purpose as opposed to a recreational one.

Hmmmm I suppose adding the drugs to the loot table in shacks way out in the woods could work. But why would you want to take certain drugs if they added it like crack or meth?

Unless you could give them to others and force addiction on players. Imagine now you have an addict slave to run into cherno and loot for you!

Hmmmm I suppose adding the drugs to the loot table in shacks way out in the woods could work. But why would you want to take certain drugs if they added it like crack or meth?

Unless you could give them to others and force addiction on players. Imagine now you have an addict slave to run into cherno and loot for you!

I'm pretty sure a drug that makes you run faster for a period of time is definitely something people would use for example.

I'm pretty sure a drug that makes you run faster for a period of time is definitely something people would use for example.

I suppose so I'm not really a drug expert so I don't really know the effects very well. Except morphine I did receive that once when I cut my finger off in the 6th grade

What the crack sandwich?

must be a good sandwich...

My dude Tyrone says I can trade the crack sandwich up near Novy Sobor for like, 12 cans of Smasht Grape.

Sounds legit. B)

Pain killers are definitely addictive and we're all on our way to some harsh withdrawals considering we eat a bottle of them at a time in game. :)

I definitely like the idea of negative effects like this. Repeated use of morphine and painkillers should have some impact on the player.

• Like 1

Things like cocaine and meth would make you almost invincible to center-mass shots :)

That is, if you knew how to cook meth...(introduce Breaking Bad: Apocalypse Style)

I'm not sure the term "illegal" is right however :)

Exactly, in the future, only survivor/hero cops roam the apocalypse, and their average life span is around 10 minutes.

Things like cocaine and meth would make you almost invincible to center-mass shots :)

That is, if you knew how to cook meth...(introduce Breaking Bad: Apocalypse Style)

Oh boy I can see the headline news now: DayZ a game that has you violently slaughter innocent people zombies and teaches your kids how to cook meth! More at 11

• Like 1

I want to grow hemp at my campsite.

Edit: No, opium poppies.

Edited by Willy Wonka

Oh boy I can see the headline news now: DayZ a game that has you violently slaughter innocent people zombies and teaches your kids how to cook meth! More at 11

Don't forget we want to slaughter infected children and eat them!

Not true. lol.

Drugs can yes, make you run faster, but it is not the drugs themselves... It is the motivation to get the fuck away from the guy with the cuffs and the taser chasing you, that gives you that extra boost.

You think you're gonna snort some coke or shoot some heroin, and then run a a shuttle run in record time? Hell yeah, if you have a guy chasing you with a pair of cuffs and a gun that just saw you do that drug.

Then you will collapse from multiple organ failure and/or a heart attack.

Sources = Going on two years of Criminal Justice classes, tons of police ride a-longs, a fiance who is an EMT, and a future corrections officer. ;)