r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6.1 Hotfix

I did video to show how friendly are zeds on fields in this version, and it's true, but not all was smorh :D

Maybe it's cause it's nighttime, and zombies have the worst attention-span in 1.7.6.

Maybe it's cause it's nighttime, and zombies have the worst attention-span in 1.7.6.

Same was daily, I just recorded it nightly.

The thing is, there could have been so much done in the time that has been wasted over this can issue. Everyone has their own thought about it but I really do think that they should be in the game and it is a very cool way to show appreciation to the Mods. Everyone that got a can for them deserved it and you all get my beans! :D

I ain't downloading this just yet... staying on 1.7.6 until I find and document all those cans. Or until servers update. <_<

Im sorry, but who gives a fuck about cans? I cannot believe this has turned into what it has become.

Dude, disagreement is so uncool... let's call everyone who disagrees whiners. And then deride the devs we're trying to help give props to as "crowd pleasers".

Let's totally say that they were arguing against variety, rather than against an immersion-breaker. And while we're at it, we should totally also accuse them of not wanting the mod developers to get credit!

Logical fallacies are afoot! On both sides!

Or you know, they could have simply asked for the names to be changed instead of removing them right off the bat. It added variety in the food? And how the fuck does it break immersion? I can walk into my local grocery store and buy some pretty messed of brands.

Now, what about it breaks your immersion? OMFG DERPY HOOVES CANNED MUFFINS? WHAT EVER SHALL I DO, THESE SO BREAK MY IMERRSION. (Intentional misspelling)

It added variety to the game and was a nice nod to the admins, while some of the names, yes are retarded, it did not break my immersion in the least. There are other things people could go complain about. All you needed to do was ask nicely, and I guarantee you, they would have looked into it, and possibly changed the names of them. Instead of remove them outright. Because quite frankly, it's just a fucking texture. That you can barely see. And it turns into a tin can after you use it...

Fuck you silly twats with "IT BRUKS MAH IMURSON." It's supposed to be a sim, yes. But this was not game breaking in any shape or form. Whatsoever.

/rant

• Like 1

Well at least server owners now have a choice on whether they want the new cans in their server or not. Simply don't update to the new patch. Most servers I've noticed haven't, and they're still on the 1.7.6 patch.

• Like 1

Well at least server owners now have a choice on whether they want the new cans in their server or not. Simply don't update to the new patch. Most servers I've noticed haven't, and they're still on the 1.7.6 patch.

I hope it stays that way and all the great can kerfuffle dies down. The complainers do have a point, but it's a really minor one and they should try to look past it. Some of those rants...

Horse meat.

That is why they pulled all the stuff from the market.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 3

There are two major bugs:

1. When the player changes the clothing he spawns at the ocean (~100m above the water). If he does not abort he dies, if he aborts he spawns randomly at the coast.

2. The crossbows creates graphical artifacts

This is more a client side issue no other reports ever about this.

When i try to drink or eat ; wham-#20 script and kick.

So i starve and hope for another update to fix this update that fixed previous update :lol:

This is a server side issue its been brought up a few hundred times search the forums or even google. DayZ Filters (http://code.google.c...browse/filters/)

Lots of magazines with wrong models, all of which had previously been correct. DMR mags appear as stripper-clips now... Lee-Enfield clips appear as SVD mags... M1014 shells appear as pistol mags...

This is an arma 2 beta change nothing to do with us

This is an arma 2 beta change nothing to do with us

I was wondering about that, thanks for the info.

Dude, disagreement is so uncool... let's call everyone who disagrees whiners. And then deride the devs we're trying to help give props to as "crowd pleasers".

Let's totally say that they were arguing against variety, rather than against an immersion-breaker. And while we're at it, we should totally also accuse them of not wanting the mod developers to get credit!

Logical fallacies are afoot! On both sides!

Immersion breaker??? And I suppose you play on a 3dp server with name tags, kill messages and all the other ACTUAL IMMERSION BREAKERS.

And please give the houty touty shite a rest. Your not coming across as intelligent for that shite you just look like an ass.

Having a can of beans or drink with what ever on it DOES NOT BREAK ANY IMMERSION thats the most retarded thing I've heard around here; cause most if not all the servers have 3dp enabled! NOW THATS A MONUMENTAL IMMERSION BREAKER RIGHT THERE.

• Like 1

Chill down guys, difrent servers have difrent settings. Simply play what suits you best and let others do the same. B)

I just have to say that zombies walking through and attacking through objects have never been worse, for me they now attack through walls, roofs, floors and pretty much anything, and 50% of the time they also teleport through the thing that they are attacking through, so the only way to not be glitched to death is to stay away from all walls. I had fun until I noticed how bad it was and then I stopped playing.

Hi all

Having a few problems with updating the server to the new hotfix 1.7.6.1 last night dayz commander had the fix so I update my client via this. I had to change the server name manually in the server.cfg using host name.

I rent my server from www.gameservers.com

I use Filezilla as my Ftp to upload the server file from here to the main dayz directory it uploads. Then I start the server and still the same version on the server when i try and join game. I down graded my client to 1.7.6 and was able to join the server with no problems.

Any help you can give would be brill

Thanks

DeanO

Edited by deanmrd

It saddens me that this hotfix demonstrates how people can put literally weeks of work into something, only to have it ruined and shat all over by a bunch of f#@%ing whining.

I have to agree 100% here, I'm all for community input because it makes a game that We want to play,saying that tho its shouldn't strangle whats good for the game, I've noticed a lot of this going on though not just in this game but a lot of community games, big clans/groups knowing that if enough of them complain about something it will be taken as a majority opinion and likely changed to suit them, but that doesn't speak for everyone!! so i say this DO WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GAME!! and not what some whiny keyboard warriors on Reddit want, for the players who didn't complain and who like it, it seems didn't have a valid vote/opinion because we didn't comment, there possibly could have been more people who do like this being added than not, just the only people that said anything about it were the ones that didn't like it.
  • Like 2

USE THE LATEST BETA: 102285

The ideal place to post bugs is at the community bug tracker:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

Patch Download:

DayZ Files:

Hive Files:

Full Download:

Client Files:

Server Files:

Prerequisites:

* [Prerequisites] beta-patch (
).

* [Prerequisites] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 x86 Redistributable
(
)

* [Prerequisites] New Mission File Downloaded from
(
)

Build Notes:

* dayz_code

Changelog:

* [uPDATED] - Fixed version issues.

* [uPDATED] - Updated Spanish String Tables

* [uPDATED] - Force save updated.

* [REMOVED] - New models by JoeysLucky22:

- (Soda) Long's Island Iced Tea (Clayton)

- (Soda) Dr. Wasteland (Dr. wasteland)

- (Soda) Mikhail Made Lemonade (-=PA=-Mikhail)

- (Soda) LVG Root Beer (LVG)

- (Soda) Mountain Green

- (Soda) mZLY yZLY (mZLY)

- (Soda) R4Z0R soda (R4Z0R)

- (Soda) Smasht (Smasht)

- (Beer) Rabbitman (Rabbitman)

- (Can) Bad Guy's Ubiquitous Peaches (UbiquitousBadGuy)

- (Can) Chef Boneboy Ravioli (Boneboys)

- (Can) Curgon's Chicken Noodle Soup (Curgon)

- (Can) Demon Groves Green Beans (DemonGroover)

- (Can) FraggleOs (Fraggle)

- (Can) Griff Black Beans (Griff)

- (Can) Herpy Dooves Canned Muffins (DerpyHooves)

- (Can) Orlok Mixed Fruit (orlok)

- (Can) Powell's New England Clam Chowder (Powell)

- (Can) Tyler's Kidney Beans

- (Can) Conrad's Whole Kernel Corn

Quick Install Info:

Full
  1. Download Full Client Files and beta files from links above.
  2. Navigate to your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory
  3. Extract the @Dayz-1.7.6-Full.rar into your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory and install the newest beta.
  4. To start DayZ use a command line string like the below

Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe -mod=@Dayz;CA;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -noFilePatching -skipIntro -nosplash -noPause -world=Chernarus

Patch
  1. Download Patch Client Files and beta files from links above.
  2. Navigate to your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory
  3. Extract the @Dayz-1.7.6-Patch.rar into your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory and install the newest beta.
  4. To start DayZ use a command line string like the below

Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe -mod=@Dayz;CA;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -noFilePatching -skipIntro -nosplash -noPause -world=Chernarus

Steam
  1. Right click Arma2: DayZ Mod, select properties.
  2. When the window pops up go to the "BETAS" tab
  3. Now Select 1.7.6 in the drop down box.
  4. The files should now should now update
  5. Launch as normal

I won't be updating to this patch.

The zombies are back being no real threat in 1.7.6.1. They should go back to how they were in 1.7.5.1 but with the added feature of them gradually walking towards you if you hang around in a area to long. In 1.7.5.1 you had to think before shooting incase you got overrun with zombies. I think the panic it caused was good and made you think before attacking... the zombies need to more of a threat in the game again.

• Like 3

Sometimes guys (community devs) you should really stick to your guns and not succumb to mob rule. One guys hard work and some genuinely good, funny, designs go to waste. Sometimes the masses really don't know best imo.

• Like 3

You talentless whiners should realize that YOU are the ones killing this mod. I'd imagine the community devs are probably burnt out from listening to the bitching about their every move. Dealing with that crap stifles creativity.

• Like 1

Well, now there will be whining about this patch by the can defenders. I, for one, am content with this change.

You removed Mountain Green? Damn, I didn't drank it on Green Mountain...

I find bacon offensive. Please remove it.

LOL thats funny right there... :lol: