r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6.1 Hotfix

The discussion here is about the wrong issue. It's not about wether this exact well defined set of cans, in the exact way it was proposed should be included only in this way, or no way at all.

We all agree that more food is wanted. Most people disliked only a few of the cans, showing that devoting a can to a mod, in general, is not necessarily a bad thing, when done well in a non-cartoony way.

The big question is, how we can create food, that has everything we all want.

I personally think "mzly yzly" is not a good name for a drink. in english! Write it in Cyrillic letters on the can, give it some soviet design and call it "can (soda)" and no one will even notice, unless he knows.

Some cans and packages have funny references, that are hilarious if you look at it in high res in a forum, but that get completely lost when reduced in size. leaving those out, keeping the references simple, might improve how they look and feel in the game.

tl;dr: I don't think "yes or no" debate will solve the issue. We should focus on how we can solve it so everyone is satisfied, rather than deciding on which part of the community we should piss off.

Edited by liquidmind
  • Like 4

The names would not have shown up in the inventory, it would still just be 'can' and such.

They still have other skins, and there is still the name: Coke, etc. If you want more variety, pick some real life items, like it is now.

Most people disliked only a few of the cans, showing that devoting a can to a mod, in general, is not necessarily a bad thing, when done well in a non-cartoony way.

Not true, the fact that they are devoted to the mod AND not consistent to the current (real life) cans is worrying. I don't want DayZ to be just another joke.

Fok Off. We don't need your sorry asses to come back here. Whiny little kiddies. Go back to reddit.

im sorry?

i dont have a account on reddit, i had absolutely no clue about the "bean can issue", i checked a thread about the new hotfix to see what it was fixing, and saw the post.

now its a simple fact of life that if someone realises they are wrong and says so publicly, says sorry, it is a good thing.

i also suggest you work on your insults, they are not very impressive at all, now if i wanted to insult you over what you said to me i would say something like:

have you had a look at the warz forum lately, i think you would feel at home there. :)

or

considering where you are from maybe before you insult me you should keep in mind that im paying for the fact that you didnt pay any taxes. :)

i hope this makes you realise it is not a good idea to insult people based upon where you think they are from or where you think they should go. ;)

back on topic, for the short time i played the patch the experience was smooth and i didnt notice anything game breaking.

• Like 1

This is ridiculous, your removing someones hard work on making all of these and the meaning they have for the people they are made for, for what they have done all because some people are butt-hurt about keeping ultra-realism??? There are plenty of other petty things to complain about when it comes to realism and this is not one of them, and the fact you are making a so called 'Hot-Fix' is disgraceful because there is nothing to FIX.

I would hope server owners would have the decency to stay at 1.7.6 just to show respect to the creator of the skins and models and to the people this was specifically made for.

Edited by CRUSADER_111

yeah as usually someone deleting my posts

i didnt write anything bad,offensively or insult

So? I just wrote truth that theres still things need to be fixed

I write it again,ammo bug is still not fixed just put you half magazines in you bag disonnect they will refill

THIS THING MUST BE FIXED YOU HEAR ME DEV TEAM???

Edited by dayzisthebest

I love how people are described as "whiners" and the move described as "crowd pleasing". I mean, by what other means is a coherent desire represented? By -not- voicing disagreement? I suspect many members of the "pro-can" camp have very, very, wide definitions of "whining" (which includes the act of disagreement).

Furthermore, deriding the patch as "crowd pleasing" is silly. What else -would- it be? You act like editing something unpopular is somehow a -bad- thing. It literally had no weight on gameplay at all, and was just a silly immersion breaker that was removed.

I don't think anyone logical would make the case for the mod developers and moderators not being deserving of some sort of "nod" in game. But this is the wrong way to do it, it's just 4chan-izing the every-day activities of the mod.

Perhaps having some sort of graffiti on buildings every now and again with "INSERT DEV/MOD NAME HERE was here!". I think that would be much more of an effective nod to devs/mods without pulling people out of immersion when they just simply go to forage for food.

EDIT - Oh! And I haven't played vanilla Day Z since 1.7.4.4... but whoever added those owl sounds at night... biiiig props.

Edited by Katana67

I'm just irritated that Dayz Commander isn't apparently updating correctly. It says it's updated but I can't join any servers. I hate doing it manually, always think I'm going to overwrite the wrong file.

Can't we just lock this thread and create a poll on whether to keep the new items in or not? This issue has spread the servers, and the community apart... It's kind of frustrating. A poll would be easier to keep track of. Let the numbers do the talking rather than people screaming and bashing louder than the other.

• Like 3

It's a bloody game, bring back the food and sodas. It gets boring finding coke and pepsi, and the same old same old.

• Like 2

The cry babies get there fucking way... i loved the new food items.. added humor to the game...

fucking worthless...

Yeah because humor is whats really should go into this game!!!! thats the right way to go! indeed. Now give me some pink ponies also, they are so fun! I need some humor!

"And while you are at it, make it so that IF i happend to fire a gun, the whole super intelligent super human army of zombies talk to each other, pick up the phone, call their friends, and they all show up and fucking one shot kill me! That also was a very good implemention! I liked it so much! made the game so much fun! Best community improvement ever!!" - Said noone ever.

1.7.6 is going to be the thing for a long time methinks. People liked these items alot there gonna likely protest by keeping 1.7.6 inless somthing amazing takes its place.

• Like 1

Bug with HMMWV having too small an inventory, the ATV has an inventory the size of a UAZ so it seems that these two vehicles might have had their inventory sizes switched around at some point by accident.

Can we use the toilet paper that is left to wipe away the crap remains of the people who got the cans removed? :(

• Like 1

Can we use the toilet paper that is left to wipe away the crap remains of the people who got the cans removed? :(

haha :P atleast there is some uses for the toilet paper then, other then the big amount of diarrhea my character is having because it only eats baked beans all the time

• Like 1

I need to delete all my CD-KEY data from main hive cause your shity servers broken it! Who can help me with that? I post a ticket weeks ago but nothing happen

Edited by tehNuka

1.7.6 is going to be the thing for a long time methinks. People liked these items alot there gonna likely protest by keeping 1.7.6 inless somthing amazing takes its place.

lol, only stubborn idiots.

SERIOUS POST:

Thought that the weighted loot arrays would be "fixed". Hit two choppers last night, and nothing but trash/bandages on one, and a mighty 1014 on the other. Huh?

Hit choppers to avoid the Stary/NWA Killing Fields when trying to get something better than an 1866. What was fixed?

Chopper crash sites don't always crash with good loot its now a random split between Military, HeliCrash and MilitarySpecial Server admins can chose to swap this as they see fit.

• Like 1

Bug with HMMWV having too small an inventory, the ATV has an inventory the size of a UAZ so it seems that these two vehicles might have had their inventory sizes switched around at some point by accident.

The HMMWV allows more backpacks. Fill backpacks and place them within the HMMWV Dont forget to remove before downtime