r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6 Update

I've already stated why, it breaks immersion, and clutters up an already broken inventory system. If they called the M16 "pew pew jesus gun" and the AK47 "IN SOVIET RUSSIA", people would be a little more upset, because those are more "worthwhile" items in the game.

It's the little things that make this game good. Putting real-world names in all over the place for your e-peen is just against what this game is about, IMO.

While we're at it, why not have Dean riding a lawn mower, and maybe even make all the zombies sound like JackFrags. I mean, they're just sounds, right?

Read this, please:

http://www.reddit.co...basically_just/

Take my beans.

• Like 1

this is what i feared the most...ppl to maintain and uphold highest possible reality and immersion. The absolutely go crazy in that reddit forum at the moment...because of cans and stuff...

I wish Dean has the final say, this is just unbelievable. They have an image to uphold and they are completely destroying it.

wtf?! this is a part of our community i cannot refer to any more..

edit: i understand the clunkyness argument though, but does this on the other hand not again ADD to immersion, the various types of food..maybe it is some kind of selective immersion..

Edited by joe_mcentire

On the food,

Adding names like mZLY yZLY and R4Z0R soda might mean something to a handful of people but overall retracts from the game.

I'm all about giving credit to the devs and appreciate the work they do, but frankly this is taking it a little too far.

So fixing a broken leg with morphine or getting blood from a tin of beans isn't ruining the immersion?

I don't think it really is a question about ruining immersion, more that it looks quite ridiculous - I am sure there must be other "cooler" ways of thanking everybody who has devoted their FREE time to this mod.

Thanks again to everybody involved in keeping this mod updated, even though my comment may seem ungrateful :P

• Like 2

They're not complaining here sure, but you should go look at reddit, THEN you'll see the majority of the complaints.

I'm posting on Reddit and in Skype with their mods too so I'm well aware cheers.

Remove the cans, keep them, re-name them. I couldn't give a shit but what I'm finding hard to swallow over there is the sheer mis-information and lack of respect for the devs of the mod, it makes me sick. Without them you/we wouldn't still be playing or receiving any updates at all.

Ever since the first mod patch there's a shitstorm every single time, it's traditional. Remember atrifacts, duping tents, LA85 removal... the list is endless.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 6

Oh God, There's some kind of tantrum shitstorm going down all over the World as people all over the World are CRYING OVER LITTLE CANS OF FOOD AND DRINKS IN A VIDEO GAME.

Grow up. Fair enough, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but especially on the subreddit I've noticed that they over there are all making completely erroneous assumptions, saying that the mod's forced Joey to make the models, that they are only doing it to enhance their epeens, that Elvaron has been left out and most likely feels rejected... To be honest, reading some of it made me laugh.

I feel so sorry for the Mod's right now, and Joey. All their hard work has been completely trampled by this ungrateful community. I don't know if a rethink of this might be in order but it might come down to removing the offensive material and redoing them somewhat (although I don't think they should).

This is all making me :(

• Like 2

Its seriously sad when people are making such a fuss over such an extremely minor addition to the game that isn't as immersion breaking as anyone is making it out to be.

This update was more important than any of that stuff as I just realized they brought down zombie run speed, something I've been wanting to see for SOOOO long. That is awesome. That makes this update worth it.

I'm posting on Reddit and in Skype with their mods too so I'm well aware cheers.

Remove the cans, keep them, re-name them. I couldn't give a shit but what I'm finding hard to swallow over there is the sheer mis-information and lack of respect for the devs of the mod, it makes me sick. Without them you'd be wouldn't still be playing or receiving any updates at all.

Ever since the first mod patch there's a shitstorm every single time, it's traditional. Remember atrifacts, duping tents, LA85 removal the list is endless.

I can completely see what you mean, however I don't feel it was right that the community was left in the dark about the decisions of names, types etc.

• Like 1

everything was freely and puplicly accessible for everyone at anytime

Edited by joe_mcentire

Well, I don't like it. With the last patch Zeds represented a real threat, now they are a pain in the ass again...

• Like 2

Well, I don't like it. With the last patch Zeds represented a real threat, now they are a pain in the ass again...

Have you actually played it yet? During testing I haven't been able to stay alive for more than half an hour, as compared to days... They follow you everywhere, in hordes, they spawn everywhere. How are they not a threat?

Dark? DARK?

http://dayzmod.com/f...e/page__st__400

The thread has 21 pages, how is that kept dark?

Can you find the point where he said "This is going in the next update"? I can't find it, i'm not flaming i'm legitimately asking you to find it, i'll take responsibility for a a mistake on my part at that point.

• Like 1

Can you find the point where he said "This is going in the next update"? I can't find it, i'm not flaming i'm legitimately asking you to find it, i'll take responsibility for a a mistake on my part at that point.

Read towards the end. There is discussion of making pull requests on Github and such.

I never realised some people were so boring.

The more foodstuffs the better i say. I got a soda drink idea - Reddit's Tears.

• Like 3

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/121763-3d-model-different-food-qualities-215-update/page__st__360#entry1196835

• Like 1

Read towards the end. There is discussion of making pull requests on Github and such.

Ah i see it now, my mistake, it was posted on the 21st but that should have been enough time to react, again, my mistake on that part.I

Edited by WhatTheFlup

Guest Dwarden

Hello,

We had fixed the new update, but we have restriction 21# on our server.

Do u have any idea about any issues ?

Thx a lot.

I can confirm this fixed the BE kicks when players eat // drink on my server :)

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119953-battleye-server-side-filters-update/

please note the updated BE filters and if there are kicks at normal DayZ mod 1.7.6 then report in the thread (no, it won't work with mods of the mod)

Oh God, I'm super excited right now, the update is perfect, oh man, I love you guys so much! (NO HOMO)

Yesyesyeyeyseyseyseyesyes

WOHO !

A good compromise could be keeping the names but removing the packaging.

Having unbranded cans means you get a nice little surprise everytime you crack one open.

A good compromise could be keeping the names but removing the packaging.

Having unbranded cans means you get a nice little surprise everytime you crack one open.

Wouldn't the opposite make more sense? Keep the texture to add some unique looks to the game, but name them all the same in the gear screen?

Otherwise, there's no point in having more food/drink variation. The whole purpose was to find different items ingame, increase the loot table size.

• Like 5