SmashT

Shosho - Feb 2013 - Interview with Matt Lightfoot

I didn't hear anything about the costs! I'm not poor if there will be a "DayZ Pro Survival Ultimate Bandit Killer Hero H4Xx0R1337 XXL Of The Max Edition" I'll buy it

which comes with a can of heinz baked beans which you must buy on your own at the next grocery store.

which comes with a can of heinz baked beans which you must buy on your own at the next grocery store.

No way, there don't exist in Switzerland because here are only Heinz Catchup :(

No way, there don't exist in Switzerland because here are only Heinz Catchup :(

he they even can be bought here in der Steiermark

OK, let me get this straight: Vehicles and Utes aren't a for sure in the initial release?

Man, if they don't put an explanation up when they release, I could see some serious PR problems arise.

• Like 2

OK, let me get this straight: Vehicles and Utes aren't a for sure in the initial release?

Man, if they don't put an explanation up when they release, I could see some serious PR problems arise.

Agreed. I think they are going to have a hard time managing the expectations of those who aren't following the development closely. They are going to have to be very clear come release.

Edited by smasht_AU

They make it really clear in every interview and progress report but and have also been really clear about the development path of the game. That's why if you buy it early it's chaep as chips. Unfortunately people seem to skim over that and just read the juicy bits.

Don't worry though, after WarZ they are VERY aware of of what can happen of you are not upfront about what the customer is buying.

I thought the utes island has already been (somewhat?) confirmed already? Lol and I thought I keep up with all of it

Until the initial release nothing is written in concrete, hence all of the confusion.

He said something about taking away most sniper rifles in the game...Why? dont do that lol.

Why not?

I mean, its not like you really have a use for an AS50 or M107in the apocalypse. Just use an M24 and take careful aim, that helicopter is going down without a pilot.

all this video does is show how little matt actually plays the game...

Can't think of an example for another weapon that uses 9mm rounds? AHhhhh C'mon !!!

I play it tons just ask Derpy, I was also trying to think of guns in real life that people would know and be able to compare and my mind went blank.

• Like 3

all this video does is show how little matt actually plays the game...

Can't think of an example for another weapon that uses 9mm rounds? AHhhhh C'mon !!!

I can vouch for Matt here, he does play quite regularly.

• Like 1

I can vouch that he abuses me whenever he can :(.

It may be flirting, I've never been good at reading the signals.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

I wasn't trying to attack you matt, I apologize if it came off that way.

it's just the 9mm round is the perfect example for why we needed a new system. Just look at the PDW ( uzi ) for example. You can waste primary inventory space to carry MP5 ammo or carry G17/M9 clips. Obviously, you have the PDW mag itself which has 30 shots and doesn't use primary INV space (which thanks to rarity isn't that common, making it golden imho). So all this does, is force you to use the other ammo before you even consider the PDW clip. Vs the ability to simple manually reload your larger clip.

• Like 2

I guess that's why thay have the new system explained in the vid then ;)