Sign in to follow this  
PracticalTactical

Replace M1911 with TT33

It might be more fitting to have the TT-33 pistol (or a TTC same thing pretty much) in DayZ standalone as opposed to the m1911. The TT-33 shoots the 7.62X25mm Tokarev cartridge and has been in use since the second world war. Standard issue magazine is steel and has an 8 round capacity. Very reliable handgun thats also very common in many countries. I could see these being allot more common than an M1911 considering the setting. Or maybe have both, I don't really care.

tokarev-tt-33-1er-categorie_zps3b9f7629.jpg

Edited by PracticalTactical
  • Like 4

NOOO dont remove the 1911!

It has been around for a while, so it is not strange that you can find it everywhere.

But adding a new Weapon is always a good idea.

• Like 2

Agreed, add, not replace. Toks are cool. The cartridge is a bit strange though, a small bullet at a fast velocity... you have the big bore people saying it's fairly ineffective and you have the high velocity people saying it's quite potent. I think if they introduce it they should keep the damage the same as a 9mm, the 7.62x25, although small, really punches through stuff.

• Like 4

Regarding the background of the map we need more russian weapons. Weapons like the 1911, the Winchester 1866 and the Lee Enfield are simply out of place in a country like Chernarus. I would keep them but make them rare instead of common.

• Like 5

Some weapons ARE DayZ to me - the Makarov, Winchester, Enfield, 1911...i hope they stay, even if they aren't geographically correct.

As people have said - just add more.

• Like 2

I don't think they should have any pistols, or if they did they should keep them at the original damage when you didn't have to unload a 3 full clips to take an enemy out.

Some weapons ARE DayZ to me - the Makarov, Winchester, Enfield, 1911...i hope they stay, even if they aren't geographically correct.

As people have said - just add more.

yap that's why I said keep them but don't let us find them all over the place..keep in mind that we will see new maps in the future most likely western maps...the loot like weapons as well as food and stuff should represent the background of the map...would you expect to find the same loot in Russia, Australia and Germany ?

I'd have both. It would make more sense having the TT than a British handgun in Chernarus

Both are good as long as the overall number of russian weapons is at least 3 to 1. I hate to see groups of 5 players where everyone has a western weapon...chernarussians and guys from around have their pride, too you know, they wouldn't use a weapon fron the "enemy" :P I doubt in an apocalype foreigners would go out this far ( it's almost 1/3 around the world from the US or Central Europe ) And you have an ocean in between or the arabian peninsula...

• Like 1

Bring on the Toks! I'd also like to see, as a rare spawn, Luthers. Yes it's from Germany, but everybody knows Germans make good stuff. What's more is it would have made it to Russia prior to and during WW2, so it would be most appropriate as a rare civilian drop (gun collectors).

Bring on the Toks! I'd also like to see, as a rare spawn, Luthers. Yes it's from Germany, but everybody knows Germans make good stuff. What's more is it would have made it to Russia prior to and during WW2, so it would be most appropriate as a rare civilian drop (gun collectors).

you mean lugers?

yeah, i think should be available.

The game should have plenty of different caliber pistols/weapons, so the specific ammunition types would be much harder to get.

Agreed, add, not replace. Toks are cool. The cartridge is a bit strange though, a small bullet at a fast velocity... you have the big bore people saying it's fairly ineffective and you have the high velocity people saying it's quite potent. I think if they introduce it they should keep the damage the same as a 9mm, the 7.62x25, although small, really punches through stuff.

Way I see it, some people have said that the TT-33, 7,62x25mm TT cartridge can penetrate light body armor. So in-game terms, I think it shold be the same damage as a .9mm but ignore the factors of when a player is wearing light body armor giving it a unique trait among similar pistols of its damage level

• Like 1

Way I see it, some people have said that the TT-33, 7,62x25mm TT cartridge can penetrate light body armor. So in-game terms, I think it shold be the same damage as a .9mm but ignore the factors of when a player is wearing light body armor giving it a unique trait among similar pistols of its damage level

Good for killing heroes. ^_^

• Like 1

Its LUGER

This is not the only type of bullet that is available in that caliber.

Good for killing heroes. ^_^

you may take away my 9mm equivalent protection, BUT YOU WILL NEVER TAKE AWAY MY PROTECTION FROM THE MAKAROV!

This is not the only type of bullet that is available in that caliber.

You'd only be likely to find the regular FMJs in 7.62x25mm since they make up the vast majority of surplus and commercial rounds.

Keep The 1911 But make it more powerfull.

Yeah make it a one shot to zeds like it was back in the day!

Edited by INickeragua