shadowboxer (DayZ)

Weapon Customisation

SilenceD? lol

Well in the game, SD weapons cannot use regular rounds, when in actuality there would be no problem; as Subsonics have the same diameter as High/Hyper Velocity. I'm sure it is a game mechanic though, as people with OP guns shouldn't have such an advantage. But I hope it is something that is rectified in the SA.

In reality you can deatch that silencer from your m4 and fire both rounds out from it. In reality you can fire the regular rounds even with the silencer but that would damage the silencer from what I've heard

i dont know if anyone would agree with this but, customisable weapons for me would be a bore. it would take the fun out of going to certain areas or heli crashes to look for different weapons. customising them would mean less rarity in weapons because it would probably be easyer to get atributes in a lets say weaker weapon or rifle, similar to a more powerful weapon or rifle by swapping out barrels, for a stronger calliber bullet. if the customising did ever go that far then, ppl might just be looking for internal parts to get a weapon closer to a high end weapon like an as50 or m107 , instead of actually having an as50 or m107. if it was left to the gamers to make choices then DayZ would end up like CoD with perks, not that CoD is a rubbish game, i used to enjoy CoD but i stopped playing because of other games. DayZ should be kept to its origonal traits as a game, survival will always be the main element. but at the same time i think it should'nt be a weapons race.

i know exactly what you are trying to say, you want it to be basic, not coddish, like for example having 100000 different attachments and camos, and sights,i do agree , however to an extent, i would like a basic tool (screwdriver?)/other i dont know anything about attachments/guns, so correct me if i'm wrong,but thats it, one or two tools, i think would be enough, i dont know about you guys, but IMO i think running around for days to find a certain screwdriver would drive me mad. however i respect peoples opinions when they disagree with me and say it removes some of the immersion, but personally i think there needs to be a balance of relative easiness (not to much as i said) and realim, because imo to much of either ruins the fun.

In reality you can deatch that silencer from your m4 and fire both rounds out from it. In reality you can fire the regular rounds even with the silencer but that would damage the silencer from what I've heard

I've never heard of that damaging a silencer, but I don't know.

Standard rounds will not damage a suppressor.

The only exception being if you put a pistol caliber suppressor on a rifle caliber weapon, and that's only because of the high pressure difference. Even then, there are exceptions to that (300 BLK and some 9mm cans, etc).

Worries me a bit, but I hope Rocket with his military background wont over do it.

Don't want to see yellow flashlights duct taped to double barreled shotgun or other rifles. I think attachments should mostly be top tier military loot or civilian scopes for hunting rifles, mostly I hope a good deal of common sense is applied, instead of over sexed tacticool.

Edited by Dallas

I hope it isn't too complicated, but I actually want a vast selection like they're doing with clothes. If someone kills me and takes my rifle, down the road when I kill them and take it back I want to know it.

If the Standalone has detailed Weapon Customization it should have Weapon Decay as well.

This would mean that certain parts of the gun need maintenance after a period of time, depending on its usage.

If a Gun is used heavily (high amount of reloads), gets in contact with water or got hit by a bullet/zombie it should decay a little bit.

There should although be a chance for the gun to decay every time you change a modification slot.

This would mean that people would need to find secondary equipment for their weapons to keep them healthy (same system as with vehicles)

and you could not switch the weapon attachment without worrying about decay, which would mean less abuse potential of the weapon modification system.

Edited by YassirX

If the Standalone has detailed Weapon Customization it should have Weapon Decay as well.

This would mean that certain parts of the gun need maintenance after a period of time, depending on its usage.

If a Gun is used heavily (high amount of reloads), gets in contact with water or got hit by a bullet/zombie it should decay a little bit.

There should although be a chance for the gun to decay every time you change a modification slot.

This would mean that people would need to find secondary equipment for their weapons to keep them healthy (same system as with vehicles)

and you could not switch the weapon attachment without worrying about decay, which would mean less abuse potential of the weapon modification system.

You can shoot at least a thousand rounds out of an AK without even cleaning it. M4 style rifles aren't so reliable, but they're far from unreliable. That being said I believe weapon decay (at least magazine decay) is already implemented.

Edited by TacticalN29

You can shoot at least a thousand rounds out of an AK without even cleaning it. M4 style rifles aren't so reliable, but they're far from unreliable. That being said I believe weapon decay (at least magazine decay) is already implemented.

I still think that there should be weapon decay, especially when you first pick up the weapon.

I mean... its not realistic that a AS50/G36A is fully intact aside from the fact that it was part of a heli crash (for example).

Edited by YassirX

I hope whatever breakdowns or jams they introduce occur at a realistic rate, not like in, say, Far Cry 2 where your gun somehow explodes after a relatively short period...

If your gun has a sling swivel stud, you can attach a harris style bipod to a gun in about 10 seconds flat, no tools required.

Flaslight mounts just mount on rails (pictanny, etc) and they clamp around a light with thumb screws, no tools required.

Scout scopes require scope rings which I think you need a screw driver to tighten around the scope. The scope rings usually just go on rails as well.

Fore grips you can put on raiks in about 3 seconds, no tools required.

Acogs, red dots, etc. are just put on rails, I believe no tools required.

Lasers are put on rails as far as I know no tools required. Same with slings.

Modern weapons are made to be as easy to modify as possible. So I don't think you need a workshop to do it. Obviosly anything that takes real gunsmithing (I.E. re-crowning a barrel) should take a workshop.

And btw... attachments do not make anything Call of Duty... why you say? Well because look at where they got it it! Real life! If it was a made up thing people only dis in call of duty then yeah, it woul do make dayz like call of duty. But no its not that.

I hope whatever breakdowns or jams they introduce occur at a realistic rate, not like in, say, Far Cry 2 where your gun somehow explodes after a relatively short period...

I've used the same gun in FC3 for months, since the release practically and it has never exploded, is that a thing?

I want to paint my gun so it looks like an american flag and use duct tape to tape my flashlight onto it and use a can with both sides open as my scope.

I've used the same gun in FC3 for months, since the release practically and it has never exploded, is that a thing?

I've never even played the game, I just watched a clip on YouTube 4 years ago. :ph34r:

And I said Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3 has no weapon degradation.

See? Explosion.

igHQmts.jpg?1

Edited by Gews

lol imagine something like this in a critical situation, would scare the shit out of me^^

lol imagine something like this in a critical situation, would scare the shit out of me^^

WTF kind of retard couldn't clear a FTE like that?

• Like 1

who thinks the attachments/addons should be limited to certain tiers only, military for example

What exactly do you mean by that? Care to elaborate

Not as long as the silencer was properly taken care of and fit the round being fired. Subsonic rounds usually suffer a decrease in FPS and velocity at ranges, however they are just as effective at close range, thus, the need for subsonic rounds with the use of a silencer is un-necessary. Although in reality, it would reduce the sound output. I however, have never used subsonic rounds in my AR-15 with a silencer of any kind. So I would not know.

WTF kind of retard couldn't clear a FTE like that?

That is when I break out my Kershaw Skyline or Christopher Reeves Sebenza and clear that crap in under a second. Not try to bash the innards of my 12ga to pieces.

What exactly do you mean by that? Care to elaborate

i mean as in you can only get attachments for military weapons (Ak,M16,M4 ect) but none for civilan weapons(Lee,Makarov,Shotty,Winchester)

im not saying it should, im just asking why people think.

i mean as in you can only get attachments for military weapons (Ak,M16,M4 ect) but none for civilan weapons(Lee,Makarov,Shotty,Winchester)

im not saying it should, im just asking why people think.

Weapons need to have the appropriate rails on them to hold attachements of a certain type. Civilian weapons in general don't have these so you don't have to worry about anyone running around with double barreled shotgun that has acog sights on it. For guns without rails we could still utilize things like duct tape + flashlight combo or other makeshift attachements

Weapons need to have the appropriate rails on them to hold attachements of a certain type. Civilian weapons in general don't have these so you don't have to worry about anyone running around with double barreled shotgun that has acog sights on it. For guns without rails we could still utilize things like duct tape + flashlight combo or other makeshift attachements

This is important for people to remember. ^^^^^^^^

It's also important to remember that we repair vehicles in this game - we have a toolbox. I can take my AR15's down to bare components relatively easily using only a few hand tools. It's FAR less complicated than say, aircraft maintenance. I've never tried to fix an engine in a helicopter, but I imagine it's a bit more difficult than changing a tire or mounting a scope. As long as attachments make sense, I'm not going to be upset. IRL I have an optic, a vertical foregrip, and a light on one of my AR15's. They aren't there to look sweet (even though they do), they're on there to increase functionality of the weapon.

As long as any attachments are 1.) Realistic, and 2,) Useful, I'm all for it. In my opinion, the more the better.

Chokes for shotguns. Scopes for rifles. Suppressors for rifles/pistols. Bipods for rifles. Lights for carbines/pistols that have appropriate mounting hardware (frame rails, threaded barrels). Even threaded pistol barrels are easy to install, you can do it without tools in many cases. These all make sense, and have a legitimate use not only in real life, but in game.

However if I find a hearbeat sensor for an M107, I'm going to blow a gasket.

:huh:

Edited by codave

I would like to see bayonet in the game . if you run out of ammo there is still option to stick that blade into the rotten head . IMHO That would be pretty useful i think and cool too .

• Like 1