Antipop (DayZ)

Want to host a DayZ Server? Read in here.

I would like to host a DayZ server !

My server features is:

CPU: Quad Core 3Ghz

RAM: 4GB

Storage: 1TB

Network: 100Mbps (dedicated with unlimited bandwidth)

24/7

you need to sign up there:

http://support.dayzmod.com/

Questions:

1 - What is the minimum (or recommended) internet speed for the dedicated server, in MBit?

2 - Do I require any specialized firewalls or SQL?

3 - Does it matter if I take Win Server 2003 or 2008?

4 - Will 2x Dual Core CPU's be fine instead of a single Quad? Or, will 2x Quad Cores slower than 3GHz be fine?

Thanks.

I see the server under "My Servers", but he does not have Instance ID.

When can I get the Instance ID ?

A support does not meet the 2 days.

Hello,

I'd like to host a server, so I read some of the posts and looked around and it seems like this system is not a great one. Because the sign up requires an IP you have to actually get the server first. Then you have to fill out the sign up. Then you have NO idea how long it will take or if you will even be accepted. I spent $$ to rent a dedicated server, filled out the sign up, and now I wait. The server I rented is definitely enough to run a server. I just think I shouldn't have to pay for a server that is just sitting there doing nothing.

The whole reason I want to host a server is because of admin abuse. I'm sick and tired of servers that restart to keep the time daytime/nighttime, or admins that abuse their power and kick/ban people for bad reasons. I was playing on a server and came across 3 tents, raided them, emptied them completely, ran them over with their truck they had parked there, a few hours later the server restarted and suddenly i have nothing and it was all back in the tents. I believe there was admin abuse involved because i had the stuff for HOURS. I didn't report it because I didn't have solid proof. Now I record 100% of the time I play.

I want to authenticate a server in Brazil. I need help because we have many players suffering from ping America and Europe, would be of great strength for the mod if they could authenticate our server here in Brazil!

I ask comprehension of directors responsible to look more carefully for our players, who are fanatics mod created and Tamba, a fan of quality games and now the absence of a low ping server are evading the mod until a Brazilian server Brazilian latency, because the current is hosted in the U.S..

We tested the possibilities of our system on a server and funcinou well for up to 20 players and we have the structure up to 50 slots.

Help = we keep this mod alive in Brazil, in view of the difficulty of keeping connected to a server with more than 300 foreign latency.

I look in your contact and anxious for a quick solution to the nation of pro players in the Brazilian emergency please answer!

(and performance settings as described above, I believe not many resources are needed and we can prove that in use with only two colors of 2.66 ghz 2 gb of ram and 70 gb hd more 6mpbs link, the Brazilians already'd be well served to server, because the distance to the European and U.S. servers are deliberately unviable)

Let's make an original test-server (authenticated), so it can be evaluated and analyzed here in Brazil for purposes of ajusteamento hardware and bandwidth.

Sig: @ Druid <OLDBOYS>

www.revolters.com.br

Team Speak 3: ts.revolters.com.br

E-mail: revoltersgameserver@gmail.com

I've had a lot of requests in regards to getting a server up and what kind of requirements are needed to run a DayZ server. So I thought I'd put together a small guide as to how to go about it.

DayZ was created for everyone. For all cultures. For all languages. Your ingame character can do anything, but as people - you should respect each other and the differences. DayZ was not scoped to support private experiences on private servers. If you are not happy sharing a server with other people, please do not request a server as it wastes our time and yours

First of all, a DayZ server requires Windows. RDP may be requested to audit your server or assist with install but these details will not be stored. Linux is not supported. If using a server provider ensure that the DayZ server mod (a dll) can be installed on it.

Where suspicion of server admin hacking or alteration exists, RDP will be requested by DayZ staff to investigate. RDP details will not be recorded and you are recommended to change passwords after this is done. Refusal to provide temporary RDP in this situation could result in your server being blacklisted.

Second, your server needs to be able to handle Terra-bytes of bandwidth monthly. Some servers are chewing through well over 2TB of bandwidth a month. So be mindful of that.

Thirdly, the specifications. Below is a rough list of requirements to have a comfortable 50 player server.

* Quad Core CPU @ 3Ghz+ (CPU is the main enforcer in a ArmA server, so the more powerful the better)

* 2GB+ Ram (Ram isn't a big issue in an ArmA server, so don't be overly concerned with having copious amounts [16GB+] of it as it won't be required)

* 50GB+ HDD (Preferably SATA3 or SSD) (ArmA 2 CO and the DayZ Mod take up approx. 20GB)

* Bandwidth at least 2TB a month. (As stated earlier, at least 2TB is required)

Finally, if you think you have what it takes, then we're more than happy to get your server running as soon as possible.

First point of call is to use the contact form on the main webpage and I'm sure they'll get in contact with you.

I'll be unable to provide the best 'Server Providers' to approach to get a good server, I leave that up to you. Just look through different providers, compare prices and specifications and ensure they match what a DayZ server requires.

UPDATE 14-MAY-2012

For any server admins who have been hesitant to give RDP information to us, then don't be afraid, we are opening the doors for everyone to setup their own DayZ servers! (Server admins who give Devs RDP will have priority in regards to new files, updates, restarts etc)

UPDATE 5-JUNE-2012

RDP is not required, it is discouraged. You may provide RDP to a volunteer or another server admin to help them assist with your install. These details will not be recorded by DayZ. Be CAREFUL who you provide your RDP details to as DayZ will never demand you provide these details.

UPDATE 1-JULY-2012

All server requests are now processed at support.dayzmod.com.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

If you have any questions, then please post in this thread, or email me; dayzmatt@gmail.com

We're always on the look out for servers, so please feel free to contact us if you want to get involved!

I've had a lot of requests in regards to getting a server up and what kind of requirements are needed to run a DayZ server. So I thought I'd put together a small guide as to how to go about it.

DayZ was created for everyone. For all cultures. For all languages. Your ingame character can do anything, but as people - you should respect each other and the differences. DayZ was not scoped to support private experiences on private servers. If you are not happy sharing a server with other people, please do not request a server as it wastes our time and yours

First of all, a DayZ server requires Windows. RDP may be requested to audit your server or assist with install but these details will not be stored. Linux is not supported. If using a server provider ensure that the DayZ server mod (a dll) can be installed on it.

Where suspicion of server admin hacking or alteration exists, RDP will be requested by DayZ staff to investigate. RDP details will not be recorded and you are recommended to change passwords after this is done. Refusal to provide temporary RDP in this situation could result in your server being blacklisted.

Second, your server needs to be able to handle Terra-bytes of bandwidth monthly. Some servers are chewing through well over 2TB of bandwidth a month. So be mindful of that.

Thirdly, the specifications. Below is a rough list of requirements to have a comfortable 50 player server.

* Quad Core CPU @ 3Ghz+ (CPU is the main enforcer in a ArmA server, so the more powerful the better)

* 2GB+ Ram (Ram isn't a big issue in an ArmA server, so don't be overly concerned with having copious amounts [16GB+] of it as it won't be required)

* 50GB+ HDD (Preferably SATA3 or SSD) (ArmA 2 CO and the DayZ Mod take up approx. 20GB)

* Bandwidth at least 2TB a month. (As stated earlier, at least 2TB is required)

Finally, if you think you have what it takes, then we're more than happy to get your server running as soon as possible.

First point of call is to use the contact form on the main webpage and I'm sure they'll get in contact with you.

I'll be unable to provide the best 'Server Providers' to approach to get a good server, I leave that up to you. Just look through different providers, compare prices and specifications and ensure they match what a DayZ server requires.

UPDATE 14-MAY-2012

For any server admins who have been hesitant to give RDP information to us, then don't be afraid, we are opening the doors for everyone to setup their own DayZ servers! (Server admins who give Devs RDP will have priority in regards to new files, updates, restarts etc)

UPDATE 5-JUNE-2012

RDP is not required, it is discouraged. You may provide RDP to a volunteer or another server admin to help them assist with your install. These details will not be recorded by DayZ. Be CAREFUL who you provide your RDP details to as DayZ will never demand you provide these details.

UPDATE 1-JULY-2012

All server requests are now processed at support.dayzmod.com.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

If you have any questions, then please post in this thread, or email me; dayzmatt@gmail.com

We're always on the look out for servers, so please feel free to contact us if you want to get involved!

Hello. I found the Mod DayZ 1 Week ago during im surfin throught the Web. So i downloaded the whole Game and start playin. Nice one i think and i think about it to host this mod on my own Root. So i searched in this forum and found the "Rulez" above. My question is: WTF is going on with that?! If i host a Server, i do what i want to do on my OWN Server. Sure some Rules are fine like No Admin abuse like cheat or something else but there is no Person on earth that can tell me what i have to do on my own server. I Pay for it so i do what i want on it. So maybe you will relax some rules for that. I think that is a big point, that players dont want to host a server. Sorry for my bad grammar.

Greets

Edited by Rexx-Corps

Its been a few days here as well

Dual Quad L5420

10000GB 100mbps Port

16 GB Ram

So my clan found a server last night that we liked, so we decided to start playing on it from now on. Apparently there wasn't an admin on then though. I get on today and I get a message saying "Tom, you are about to be kicked, you're ping is too high". Well, somone around the house must be downloading something then. I check, no one is. My ping is sitting exactly on 160ms. I join again and get kicked again. "You're ping is above 160ms, final warning, do not try to connect again". I start arguing with the server admin, and he continues to tell me that other people are at a dissadvantage because of my 'high ping'. I tell him it's effectively an RPG, and I see a person maybe once every hour, but he continues to tell me I'm not playing on their server with such a 'high ping'

It says in the OP "Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting". Yeah I know servers can set a ping limit and kick people if it's too high, but 160ms, is this a joke? Can they even do ths?

I have a server of my own, i do not mind sharing and all, and i try to be fair.

but and im sure its posted somewhere but i cant find it

are we as admins allowed to kick for ping above a fair amount? i.e on my server i kick those with ping above 200 (150-200) is sorta a gray area

because i mean, it ruins the game if you have a bandit appearing as if from no where.

I have a server of my own, i do not mind sharing and all, and i try to be fair.

but and im sure its posted somewhere but i cant find it

are we as admins allowed to kick for ping above a fair amount? i.e on my server i kick those with ping above 200 (150-200) is sorta a gray area

because i mean, it ruins the game if you have a bandit appearing as if from no where.

It's you, you little prick.

Sorry if this has been covered already - I scanned all the pages but didn't see this so here goes:

Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

What about verified hackers? We are not allowed to ban them? What about those caught disconnecting during firefight or exploiting/duping? We are having rampant problems with ghosters, teleporters, dupers, hacked heli spawns, etc, and I am just now able to prove this via script detection (and lots of research), but the rules basically say I can't do anything about it. Since BI/BattlEye and DayZ is not catching these or preventing this, is it OK for a server admin to if we go through the hours and hours of work to catch them with logs/video backing it up?

We are also noticing an abundance of ghosting/disconnect cheating by players with blank names - I assume to avoid detection via player tags. The RCon shows lots of extended ascii characters but they show up in game as blank apparently. Can we disallow non-text and blank player names on our server, or will this get us blacklisted?

Can you please clarify and update the rules above if needed? Thanks!

Edited by walkerbait421

It's you, you little prick.

im here to get decent answers for questions

not to get insulted by childish people who have nothing constructive to offer anyone, especially those that go on other peoples servers and call the admin a shit cunt for basically trying to keep ping to a respectable level.

i shell out 60 British pounds for the server, i do not abuse it i let everyone play on it, apparently i even let SASR clan make my own server their home server without even trying to contact me.

but yet its clan members come on, and call me a shit cunt for something i am paying for them to use?

can anyone other than aussiestig help with my question?

please...try to at least respect those that pay out of their own pocket for a public server

Edited by Camper-joe
  • Like 1

im here to get decent answers for questions

not to get insulted by childish people who have nothing constructive to offer anyone, especially those that go on other peoples servers and call the admin a shit cunt for basically trying to keep ping to a respectable level.

i shell out 60 British pounds for the server, i do not abuse it i let everyone play on it, apparently i even let SASR clan make my own server their home server without even trying to contact me.

but yet its clan members come on, and call me a shit cunt for something i am paying for them to use?

can anyone other than aussiestig help with my question?

Because your logic is stupid. People play bloody Battlefield 3 with 200ms, let alone DayZ. You're a joke.

SASR tom?

Because your logic is stupid. People play bloody Battlefield 3 with 200ms, let alone DayZ. You're a joke.

SASR tom?

people play on bf3 with 200 ping fine

but there are servers out there that kick players for ping less than that, the point is that i dont like shooting a guy and then realising i didnt shoot him because his ping was high.

if my logic is stupid then why are there others with similar logic? is theirs stupid too? so be it. just dont play on my server if you dont like it. i only have 1 rule. no high ping.

i used to play on dayz servers with high ping, i got kicked for it, i sucked it up i didnt be a little baby. thats why i decided to pay for my own server the second i got a chance, so i dont put people in the same position that i once put them.

unlike you, i have a little bit of decorum when it comes to respecting people, unlike mr tom.

SASR tom?

SASR tom?

people play on bf3 with 200 ping fine

but there are servers out there that kick players for ping less than that, the point is that i dont like shooting a guy and then realising i didnt shoot him because his ping was high.

if my logic is stupid then why are there others with similar logic? is theirs stupid too? so be it. just dont play on my server if you dont like it. i only have 1 rule. no high ping.

i used to play on dayz servers with high ping, i got kicked for it, i sucked it up i didnt be a little baby. thats why i decided to pay for my own server the second i got a chance, so i dont put people in the same position that i once put them.

unlike you, i have a little bit of decorum when it comes to respecting people, unlike mr tom.

You know that 160ms is 1.6 tenths of a second, or 0.16th of a second, right? If you were to blink before you shot me, you would find it harder to hit me. You don't get de-syncing, and lag with that kind of delay.

You can be a faggot about this all you want, but you're the ONLY server I've joined before that I've been kicked for having under 300ms ping. I play on US servers 9 out of 10 times, I never see lag, I don't see people get lag. You clearly know nothing about servers and server hosting.

I've yet to come across this fammed NZ server with 100ms ping kick that you talk about, either.

[i have warned for this post - Ubi]

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy

You know that 160ms is 1.6 tenths of a second, or 0.16th of a second, right? If you were to blink before you shot me, you would find it harder to hit me. You don't get de-syncing, and lag with that kind of delay.

You can be a faggot about this all you want, but you're the ONLY server I've joined before that I've been kicked for having under 300ms ping. I play on US servers 9 out of 10 times, I never see lag, I don't see people get lag. You clearly know nothing about servers and server hosting.

I've yet to come across this fammed NZ server with 100ms ping kick that you talk about, either.

Ive been kicked from australian servers on BF3 for having a ping of 210 but according to you thats less than a quarter of a second? but yet they kick me? they must truly be shit cunts *gasp*

Well if im the only server, then please, take your foul mouth to other servers? i dont appreciate you being as un constructive as humanely possible. I however have seen lag, have been on the end that dies because of lag due to high ping thanks to other players with it.

I may not know much about servers, i may know nothing, i just know that im the one paying for it and people with dirty mouths do not belong in my server.

NZ10 [v1.7.2/94444) [MAXPING:100][VETERAN][uTC+8] -dayzmod.com - Hosted by ON3 Network

NZ 9 too

(SASR can have my server as their home server, but at least have the decency to contact the host about it?)

Ive been kicked from australian servers on BF3 for having a ping of 210 but according to you thats less than a quarter of a second? but yet they kick me? they must truly be shit cunts *gasp*

Well if im the only server, then please, take your foul mouth to other servers? i dont appreciate you being as un constructive as humanely possible. I however have seen lag, have been on the end that dies because of lag due to high ping thanks to other players with it.

I may not know much about servers, i may know nothing, i just know that im the one paying for it and people with dirty mouths do not belong in my server.

NZ10 [v1.7.2/94444) [MAXPING:100][VETERAN][uTC+8] -dayzmod.com - Hosted by ON3 Network

NZ 9 too

(SASR can have my server as their home server, but at least have the decency to contact the host about it?)

Why would I contact you about it now? I would have if it wasn't so shit.

at least, since I apparently know nothing about servers, respectively teach me about why i should perhaps raise my ping limit to 300?

instead of calling people faggots, shitcunts and swearing your mouth off like some angry child....

Why would I contact you about it now? I would have if it wasn't so shit.

it wasnt a direct question Tom, it was more of a rhetorical question, you know apparently you don't know much in terms of etiquette.

I guess thats my loss, you break my heart Tom.

it wasnt a direct question Tom, it was more of a rhetorical question, you know apparently you don't know much in terms of etiquette.

I guess thats my loss, you break my heart Tom.

Etiquette? Be thankfull anyone plays on your server buddy