Antipop (DayZ)

Want to host a DayZ Server? Read in here.

What kind of connection i need to host a server, cause connections like 10Mbps / 10Mbps are expensive here, could i host a server with maybe 2Mbps / 2Mbps or 3Mbps / 3Mbps ??

What kind of connection i need to host a server, cause connections like 10Mbps / 10Mbps are expensive here, could i host a server with maybe 2Mbps / 2Mbps or 3Mbps / 3Mbps ??

Take a look at this:

ARMA2 Optimization

Although the most obvious and easily changed settings, these also have some of the greatest impact on your server's performance. Navigate to your cfgdayz folder which contains arma2.cfg and server.cfg. We'll be focusing mostly on the arma2.cfg, with a few optional edits to the server.cfg. I'll go through each item in the config, explain what it's for, and what its value should be. It should also be noted that these values (excluding Bandwidth / MaxPacketSize) are PER CLIENT CONNECTED TO SERVER.

MinBandwidth

Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to have (in bps).

This value helps server to estimate bandwidth available.

Increasing it to too optimistic values can increase lag and CPU load

as too many messages will be sent but discarded. Default: 131072

MaxBandwidth

Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to never have.

This value helps the server to estimate bandwidth available.

Most players normally use 5-13kb when playing in game but will spike up on certain events such as players joining or when downloading content so a standalone dedicated server connected to at least a 10mbit line is recommended for optimal play.

Your MinBandwidth is your base, it's what the server is expecting to use. Contrary to popular belief, you should not just put your network speed in both min/max bandwidth boxes, as this will cause major connection lag. Remember that Min/Max Bandwidth are measured in bits, not bytes.

Your MinBandwidth should be your player slots x 256KB(its), so for example:

75 slots X 256KB = 19200KB(its)

19200KB(its) = 192000000 Bits

MinBandwidth=192000000;

MaxBandwidth=1073741824;

Although it's said that your MaxBandwidth should be slots x 512KB, I think that's bullshit for dedicated machines only running 1 server. I set my max bandwidth to my network speed in bits. (1GBps)

Lets say a 30slot server since its expensive in your country..30x256=7680000bits, 7680kbits or 7,7mbit and 30x512 = 15360000bits, 15360kbit or 15,4mbit so id say 10mbit up should be the absolute minimum. Where exactly do you live? :S

Edited by Pheenix89
  • Like 1

would "Intel Core i3 2130

2x2(HT)x3.4+ GHz" work for hosting?

2x cores with 2 threads each.. yeah that should work.

is phenom II x6 T1065 processor is good enought to run small server?

Take a look at this:

Lets say a 30slot server since its expensive in your country..30x256=7680000bits, 7680kbits or 7,7mbit and 30x512 = 15360000bits, 15360kbit or 15,4mbit so id say 10mbit up should be the absolute minimum. Where exactly do you live? :S

Thanks man, i'm in Argentina, there are just 2 or 3 internet company that can support 10mb and the most are not symetric, like 10mb/1.5mb. and where i live i can't get the 10mb/10mb connection, its sucks :/. but i can look for a hosting. thanks again

Are private LAN games allowed/supported/encouraged? And if so what is required for that?

HELL NO. Read the EFFING server hosting rules.

so,any tips on the processor choice? phenom t1065, xeon e3 or maybe i5\i7 similar to the 1st one? wich one is better for dayz server?

got this, this morning at 8 am CST/GMT-6

"Your server will be back up within 1-2 hours once again we are extremely sorry for the inconvvience to you and your players"

it is now noon my time, and 2 hours past the ETA, since sunday night we have had 27 hours of downtime. So percentage wise, in the past 3 days our server has been online for less than 70% of time. And we've been assured it wasn't going to happen again, it did, and given unrealistic ETAs, which weren't even close to being met.

Ticket responses are wildly unpredictable, taking anywhere from an hour to 2 days to get a response, and the responses are giving little information as to what it going on, and are largely apologetic. Not trying to make a post giving the host a hard time, just reporting my experience here. this week has been pretty bad.

Are you talking about us or your server hosting company?

100/100 minimum in a data center.

would "Intel Core i3 2130

2x2(HT)x3.4+ GHz" work for hosting?

Yes, would be good for two servers.

Are private LAN games allowed/supported/encouraged? And if so what is required for that?

No, not at this time.

is phenom II x6 T1065 processor is good enought to run small server?

Yes, several.

so,any tips on the processor choice? phenom t1065, xeon e3 or maybe i5\i7 similar to the 1st one? wich one is better for dayz server?

AMD's offerings are cheaper, but for pure performance you want an Intel chip that is first gen i series or better.

It honestly depends entirely on how many servers with how many slots each vs what CPU.

Hi,

Is there any community support staff that is available to handle my ticket? Somebody was taking care of it saturday but haven't heard from him after his last request. I've done whatever was asked of me to do except for the nmap stuff. Not sure what was needed. Anyway, if any available support staff could check it please. Thanks. Ticket #931541

Check it now.

How long is the average time between applying for a instance ID and being accepted?

It varies, but generally it's going to be under 72 hours, possibly 24-48 hours.

Tickets are another story, however, but we are working on them.

So, there's no way to run your own public server without permission from the hive admins? And you need massive throughput and hand RDP access to them? That sucks. :( It wouldn't be so bad except I've had numerous issues with the admins of the public servers that I'd like to run my own.

We do not need nor ask for remote desktop access.

*Anymore

Edited by urbanfox

I was looking into hosting, I have at my home, a Poweredge R300, Intel Xeon CPU X3323 @ 2.50 GHz X 2 and 6 GB RAM on 64 bit OS 2008 R2 and 25 mg up and down at home. What would be your thoughts, would it run it? If you have something in the Boston area NOT over expensive I would consider that as an option also. You have my email as part of my registration, please feel free to contact me. Thanks!!!

I was looking into hosting, I have at my home, a Poweredge R300, Intel Xeon CPU X3323 @ 2.50 GHz X 2 and 6 GB RAM on 64 bit OS 2008 R2 and 25 mg up and down at home. What would be your thoughts, would it run it? If you have something in the Boston area NOT over expensive I would consider that as an option also. You have my email as part of my registration, please feel free to contact me. Thanks!!!

We do not allow home hosting nor do we endorse any particular hosting company over another. What we recommend is research your different hosting options and ask forum members their thoughts.

This is a silly question I have asked once before - you mention a minimum on server slots. I would like to know if I get like a 20-32 slot server will it be blacklisted/locked (the server hosting website I am going through has a max slot limited of 32)

We simply won't approve it. Our minimum slot count is 40.

• Like 1

We simply won't approve it. Our minimum slot count is 40.

Okay fair enough. We will look around for more slots. But will you approve off us going through Combined Operation hosting and installing Dayz through that? Or will we have to search for DayZ specific hosting services?

Thank you sir for fast reply.

Edited by loopa499

Okay fair enough. We will look around for more slots. But will you approve off us going through Combined Operation hosting and installing Dayz through that? Or will we have to search for DayZ specific hosting services?

Thank you sir for fast reply.

As long as you have the hardware and connection that meets our requirements, you are choose any host you want.

As long as you have the hardware and connection that meets our requirements, you are choose any host you want.

Okay thank you sir. Sorry for silly questions.

I have a managed server with HostAltitude, i am going to switch to a dedicated server.

Would it be possible to get the data from the hive on my new dedicated server.

I have my instance ID from my managed server and also want to keep the same Location ID (eg. DE xx).

Is this possible??

I have another question - are we able to change the max ping kick? Cause we are Australian and looking at buying a US server

I have a managed server with HostAltitude, i am going to switch to a dedicated server.

Would it be possible to get the data from the hive on my new dedicated server.

I have my instance ID from my managed server and also want to keep the same Location ID (eg. DE xx).

Is this possible??

Yes, that is possible. Please contact your host to discuss that move.

I have another question - are we able to change the max ping kick? Cause we are Australian and looking at buying a US server

Yes, you may set it as high as you like but we prefer you not to set it below 200.

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

ummm, wouldn't #3 be hacking / cheating / scripting?