Antipop (DayZ)

Want to host a DayZ Server? Read in here.

Still waiting on a response for my request to host a server for DayZ

Want to host a 50 slot UK based server

Server Specs:

Dell Poweredge R210 II

Unlimited Bandwidth

1gbit connection

16GB DDR3

1x Xeon 3.2Ghz

2TB HDD

1TB SSD

Please get back to my email or here!

Don't understand why I got a "we're implementing a ticket system soon" response to my request for a instance ID, and others are getting assigned them?

Was that how to cleared the queue down? Just fobbed people off?

Can't keep track of where a request is at? Use a ticketing system.

+1. Even a few good free ones. We've been using osTicket (www.osticket.com) with great success in my community.

i am waiting for a response for 2 weeks...

its really anoying to have a 100mbit connection, quadcore, plenty of ram and diskspace and everytime i check my mails: nothing

i just want to have the first austrian server :(

same here...

a response in this thread would be nice...but i think that aint gonna happen...

"BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER"

Now I realize that this is an alpha game but isn't that abit harsh and controlling? I feel like if someone wants to pay for their own server they should be able to password it. I'm sure theres a reason for it, but i just wanted to throw in my own two cents. I'd love to set up a lan server over hamachi but you can't.

Love the game. Keep doing what you're doing.

I want to first say I am sure you guys are overloaded with request for Instance numbers.

I sent a few emails to the dev team asking for a Instance number and got a replly to come and read this forum twice. I have sent two emails to dayzmatt and have not gotten anything back from Matt. I would just like to know if its just a waiting thing where you all will email me one when you have time or if you all need any more info from me like the ip for our arma2 oa server.

My sever company says the are just waiting for the Instance number to set up our dayz server we have www.eoreality.net and they told me they have all the files for the mod. Please just let me know thanks guys have a good day.

How is it that if you ORDER A SERVER from hosters you get it setup within few days..

on the other hand sending emails for months does not get you ID at all..

p.s. If the plan is that only hosters that provide revenu share to dayz team get instance ID ok, but just say it so..

i haven't read the whole thread i assume it has already been asked but what is the minimum amount of slots a server can have, can you host a 10 player server?

How is it that if you ORDER A SERVER from hosters you get it setup within few days..

p.s. If the plan is that only hosters that provide revenu share to dayz team get instance ID ok' date=' but just say it so..

[/quote']

I'm trying to get a server too, I share your pain.

Another way, the way I look at it, is if these hosting companies are getting new servers up faster, it's because they have a better relationship with with the devs. They have already set up a bunch of servers, the devs know they have the means (hardware+bandwidth) to handle the servers, etc etc.

Does it suck for guys like us? You betcha, BUT I understand and I don't see anything wrong with it. Heck, who knows if this hive server can even handle all the new server requests? I'm sure that puts a huge strain on the master server well.

Alpha is alpha, but stay steadfast!

Character "Lo4th" hosts private games with 5 player minimums so that he and his friends can play, and box out other players. Does this behavior conflict with the rules you've put forth?

Does the server run on any version of windows? For examle, could i use Windows Home Server 2011 ?

You know what? Go to hell with your advertising. Everyone who posted a request for the DayZ server files have their own servers which often are better than those your are running a few or several game servers on one server. We are waiting until some kindly admin assigns us the number of server instance and give us access to file servers.

By the way, amazing is the fact that the hosting companies every moment runs a new DayZ servers and part of community that wants to host their own servers for 3 weeks can not get any answers?

DayZ Devs need to get their stuff in order' date=' it's LONG overdue.

1000+ emails? Maybe you shouldn't use one mailbox for 99% of your email correspondence. Duh.

Wasting time going back and forward with potential hosts? Maybe have them fill out a form so you have all the required info. Reject any application that isn't complete.

Can't keep track of where a request is at? Use a ticketing system.

[/quote']

We are doing that

I really hope they get a better system for this soon.. waiting for months for response is bit bad even if it's a mod in alpha x)

There is a new better system coming

"BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER"

Now I realize that this is an alpha game but isn't that abit harsh and controlling? I feel like if someone wants to pay for their own server they should be able to password it. I'm sure theres a reason for it' date=' but i just wanted to throw in my own two cents. I'd love to set up a lan server over hamachi but you can't.

Love the game. Keep doing what you're doing.

[/quote']

The reason for this has been stated in various places an insormountable amount of times, but just to be clear the reason servers are not allowed to be locked is it would present an unfair advantage to players on that server over the rest of the players in DayZ.

p.s. If the plan is that only hosters that provide revenu share to dayz team get instance ID ok' date=' but just say it so..

[/quote']

There is no revenue sharing going on and I am not sure where this even comes from.

i haven't read the whole thread i assume it has already been asked but what is the minimum amount of slots a server can have' date=' can you host a 10 player server?

[/quote']

The current minimum for most countries is 40 slots, but where bandwidth is expensive (developing countries) the lowest amount is 30.

Does the server run on any version of windows? For examle' date=' could i use Windows Home Server 2011 ?

[/quote']

We are asking that all servers hosts use Windows 2003, 2003 R2 2008, or 2008 R2.

By the way' date=' amazing is the fact that the hosting companies every moment runs a new DayZ servers and part of community that wants to host their own servers for 3 weeks can not get any answers?

[/quote']

There is a new automated system that I and a few others are working on that will solve a lot of these delays and allow for much faster sign up, along with ticket integration.

Does the server run on any version of windows? For examle' date=' could i use Windows Home Server 2011 ?

[/quote']

We are asking that all servers hosts use Windows 2003, 2003 R2 2008, or 2008 R2.

Alright, thanks!

I was either going with 2008 R2 or 2011.

So 2008 R2 it is then!

Is the lowest slot count really 40? There are so many 25 player servers. Is this not allowed? I was planning on only hosting 25 in my new server.

Thanks!

Edit: Hmm, I see now. The major hosting companies have increased the lowest slot count to 40. Should have looked around some more before posting, haha.

As with most people in the thread, I sent out an email 4 days ago and have yet to hear a reply. Really should of got in on this in early May when I considered it before (I was one of the first posts in this thread). Finally made my decision that I want to take on the responsibility of hosting one of these but it looks like my chances of actually getting a response with an ID are much more slim. I suppose the only thing I can really do about it is wait longer.

Same here i send out an email's a mouth ago and what happend nothing

The Devs only requested Server Specs since nothing happend No Whitelisting or Server Instance id.

Does anyone host their DayZ on a dedicated box with other servers such as TF2 and CS:S? I want to run one on our current box and we have appear to have plenty of resources left but just curious if DayZ will kill our other games hosted. We're currently running 3 TF2 servers and a single CS:S server. 2-3 are usually near capacity.

Xeon 3.4GHZ

32GB DDR3

1TB of Raptor Drive storage

9000GB monthly bandwith (we only use about 10% a month now)