Antipop (DayZ)

Want to host a DayZ Server? Read in here.

I've had a lot of requests in regards to getting a server up and what kind of requirements are needed to run a DayZ server. So I thought I'd put together a small guide as to how to go about it.

DayZ was created for everyone. For all cultures. For all languages. Your ingame character can do anything, but as people - you should respect each other and the differences. DayZ was not scoped to support private experiences on private servers. If you are not happy sharing a server with other people, please do not request a server as it wastes our time and yours

First of all, a DayZ server requires Windows. RDP may be requested to audit your server or assist with install but these details will not be stored. Linux is not supported. If using a server provider ensure that the DayZ server mod (a dll) can be installed on it.

Where suspicion of server admin hacking or alteration exists, RDP will be requested by DayZ staff to investigate. RDP details will not be recorded and you are recommended to change passwords after this is done. Refusal to provide temporary RDP in this situation could result in your server being blacklisted.

Second, your server needs to be able to handle Terra-bytes of bandwidth monthly. Some servers are chewing through well over 2TB of bandwidth a month. So be mindful of that.

Thirdly, the specifications. Below is a rough list of requirements to have a comfortable 50 player server.

* Quad Core CPU @ 3Ghz+ (CPU is the main enforcer in a ArmA server, so the more powerful the better)

* 2GB+ Ram (Ram isn't a big issue in an ArmA server, so don't be overly concerned with having copious amounts [16GB+] of it as it won't be required)

* 50GB+ HDD (Preferably SATA3 or SSD) (ArmA 2 CO and the DayZ Mod take up approx. 20GB)

* Bandwidth at least 2TB a month. (As stated earlier, at least 2TB is required)

Finally, if you think you have what it takes, then we're more than happy to get your server running as soon as possible.

First point of call is to use the contact form on the main webpage and I'm sure they'll get in contact with you.

I'll be unable to provide the best 'Server Providers' to approach to get a good server, I leave that up to you. Just look through different providers, compare prices and specifications and ensure they match what a DayZ server requires.

UPDATE 14-MAY-2012

For any server admins who have been hesitant to give RDP information to us, then don't be afraid, we are opening the doors for everyone to setup their own DayZ servers! (Server admins who give Devs RDP will have priority in regards to new files, updates, restarts etc)

UPDATE 5-JUNE-2012

RDP is not required, it is discouraged. You may provide RDP to a volunteer or another server admin to help them assist with your install. These details will not be recorded by DayZ. Be CAREFUL who you provide your RDP details to as DayZ will never demand you provide these details.

UPDATE 1-JULY-2012

All server requests are now processed at support.dayzmod.com.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

If you have any questions, then please post in this thread, or email me; dayzmatt@gmail.com

We're always on the look out for servers, so please feel free to contact us if you want to get involved!

then please tell the uk server hosters to update there servers as i cant play due to they have not updated to 95099

Hi,

I am representing a reasonably sized gaming community that started out surrounding another game. Now they have suddenly taken interest in DayZ, I have filled out the application on the new support website.. We have two enterprise level servers, located in a shiny data center. Is there anything else needed?

Hello...

I have a 40 slots server (HostAltitude) works great but i rly like to know how can i change the server game time because me and my friends are able to play at nights in my country (Costa Rica) and we really like play at morning into the the game so how can i set up my server time?

Thanks

=CRBF= D4ssBlaster

I know Vilayer has a changeservertime.bat for the customers. If HostAltitude supports it should be in the config files.

Still haven't got any responds please any mod who can help me get a id so i can get a 50 slot server running :/

Hostaltitude.com

Hi, please tell me where to get the server files. It is possible to set up a server on Xeon 2.4 Ghz x2 / 4 gb REG ECC / Win Server 2003 R2 / Inet 100 mbs up / down. Static IP.

It's as if people purposely try not to read the OP.

Sory for asking again. how long do i have to wait after i signed up and register for a new Insatnce ID? 1 Month and 3 Weeks ago i send an Email with Informations about my Root Server to the DevTeam but still got no Answer from them. It would be great if maybe someone could answer my Question.

Thanks for the Help!

Best Regards

Kero

Sory for asking again. how long do i have to wait after i signed up and register for a new Insatnce ID? 1 Month and 3 Weeks ago i send an Email with Informations about my Root Server to the DevTeam but still got no Answer from them. It would be great if maybe someone could answer my Question.

Thanks for the Help!

Best Regards

Kero

Use the new signup system please.

http://support.dayzmod.com/

Edited by urbanfox

Oh, i have. Three Days ago i signed up there. No Answer. Is it normal that i must wait so long. Sry for the many Questions.

Oh, i have. Three Days ago i signed up there. No Answer. Is it normal that i must wait so long. Sry for the many Questions.

I also submitted for a Instance ID on Monday and submitted a trouble Ticket on Tuesday asking about Firewall ports that need to be open but have not had any response on either.

If you could give us a normal response time frame so we can have an idea that would be great.

Thanks

Issom

What does this mean? I cant host a Server? And why i cant host? Sorry for the many Questions.

dayzserverrtjkd.jpg

Edited by Kero81

What are the sustained bandwidth requirements both up and down please, I am shopping for a dedicated box.

Thanks

I also submitted for a Instance ID on Monday and submitted a trouble Ticket on Tuesday asking about Firewall ports that need to be open but have not had any response on either.

If you could give us a normal response time frame so we can have an idea that would be great.

Thanks

Issom

Unfortunately right now there is a bit of a wait with support tickets but I do know that the devs are actively working on improving support ticket answer time frames. With the flood of attention the game has received lately tickets have been flying in at an astounding pace. It seems both of you have some patience and your heads on right so just ride the wave and I'm sure your support tickets/instance ID requests will be answered soon.

Issom, as for firewall ports, does this help? http://support.dayzmod.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=11

If you still have questions come back here.

What does this mean? I cant host a Server? And why i cant host? Sorry for the many Questions.

dayzserverrtjkd.jpg

Hi Ker081,

You should have received an email from staff letting you know your request was not approved. In that email, it specifically outlines why.

What are the sustained bandwidth requirements both up and down please, I am shopping for a dedicated box.

Thanks

The requirements right now as I understand them are 100mbps/100mbps. MOST dedicated boxes with start with this kind of bandwidth.

Hi Ker081,

You should have received an email from staff letting you know your request was not approved. In that email, it specifically outlines why.

The requirements right now as I understand them are 100mbps/100mbps. MOST dedicated boxes with start with this kind of bandwidth.

I can second this from reading the posts on this forum its at 100/100mbps now.

Hi Ker081,

No, i just get three Emails. First was the Welcome Email, second the Order Confirmation and the last one that i opend up a support Ticket. -.-

No, i just get three Emails. First was the Welcome Email, second the Order Confirmation and the last one that i opend up a support Ticket. -.-

You know what, I answered your question before the caffeine kicked in lol, sorry.

Your instance ID request has NOT been processed. While it says "no", that's just the default info that shows up. If you did get denied, instead of that box being a greenish yellow, it would have been a pinkish color.

Is it possible to create local server, that is not connected to the global player database (so the character information would be unique for that server only)?

If yes, does all the rules listed apply to them?

I can only speak on my behalf but before I purchased a server for DayZ I took the time to read the rules and regulations. Honestly, I was pretty frustrated that there was no reservation system (I would be fine with a 5 slot maximum or something.) however I didn't let this minor setback discourage me (It's still in beta). I'm glad to help this project along in any way possible, even if it's just donating a server for anyone to play on. I think most people (who run servers) need to realise that you knew what you were signing up for before renting/purchasing a server to play on. If you don't like it, you're completely entitled to walk away and bounce between other servers.

Edited by CamP

Oh no, i like this Mod very much. i could say i love it. And i Love to ste up a Server so many People can look after Bugs to Report them. But its very frustrating that i must wait so long. But its ok, they get a load of Server Hosting Questions. 1000+ i think. Time will come i get my Mission Files and ID. =)