Antipop (DayZ)

Want to host a DayZ Server? Read in here.

Etiquette? Be thankfull anyone plays on your server buddy

if my server is so shit, why do i still see you on it? im confused.

anyhow, lets put this behind us, i apologise for kicking you. and can i please get a constructive answer from anyone?

Four Core Server, with 4Gb Ram, 10Gb Bandwidth.

How many servers do you think we could host?

2 servers. It depends on the Ghz of the cores.

By now, DayZ server does not handle multi-threading very well. In fact, it uses 2 threads heavily (100 %CPU on one core, 70% on the other, with 50 players).

So you can host 2 dayz instances, but your server will be overloaded.

Hello there.

I'd like to have an officiall Answer on a certain Problem.

Since rocket considered disconnecting to avoid death an exploit are server Owners allowed

to ban such people from their Servers or do we just have to deal with that behavior?

I would like to try and Host a DayZ server, but before i do an official Request.. Do I meet the requirements?

My server features are:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz(CurrentClockSpeed: 3301MHz)

RAM: 16Gb

Hard Drive(s):

Disk_Model: Intel Raid 10 Volume SCSI Disk Device

Disk_Size: 2000 GB(2Tb Storage)

Disk_Partitions: 4

I would like to try and Host a DayZ server, but before i do an official Request.. Do I meet the requirements?

My server features are:

Hard Drive(s):

This sounds an awful lot like a home computer. If it is. you wont be approved because of your network.

This sounds an awful lot like a home computer. If it is. you wont be approved because of your network.

Yeah.. well because it is :P .. Wasn't sure If it could be done from a Home PC or not.. I figured if it ever could be, mine would have enough power to do it. and yeah my network isnt 100mbps... more like 45 mbps Dowload.. and like 25 mbps Upload... guessing that wont make the Cut?

you need 15 Mbps upload, and less for download. Are you sure you have 25 Mbps upload? You have an FTTH connection and the contract to do that ?

if my server is so shit, why do i still see you on it? im confused.

anyhow, lets put this behind us, i apologise for kicking you. and can i please get a constructive answer from anyone?

I have seen many Servers that Kick players that go over 150 ping. IMO thats what I would do as well.

• Like 1

you need 15 Mbps upload, and less for download. Are you sure you have 25 Mbps upload? You have an FTTH connection and the contract to do that ?

In all honesty it was like 22.## i didnt look too too into it it was just an online Broadband testing thing

My roommate owns a card/tabletop gaming (and other generally "nerdy" stuff) store in town and he and the co-owners have been looking into expanding to running game servers for hosting servers for Minecraft, MW3, BF3, etc. for customers. While not a co-owner of the store myself, I'd like to help them start by getting permissions for a DayZ server, as I'm not sure what the waiting period is like. We don't have a server box set up yet, but we would absolutely spend the money for an extremely stable rig, in addition to signing up for a T1 connection for the store.

Long story short, how long does it take to get permission to run a server, and do I physically need the server box set up and ready to run it before I can gain permission?

Thank you for your time, and keep up the great work on the mod!

I have seen many Servers that Kick players that go over 150 ping. IMO thats what I would do as well.

lol thanks, tell that to Mr aussie stig over there, who went into a rage and started calling me every name in the book for kicking him because his ping was 187 on my server

not a lot of people with respect out there nowadays =/

Do I meet the requirements?

2 CPU of 2.80Ghz

Ram 3Gb

HDD 250Gb

Connection:

(min/max)

100 Mbps/1Gbps

(Not a personnal connection)

Thx

Edited by Azerd

Dear Matt(Antipop) and community

As a developer myself, I am shocked to see such rules regarding the servers. Your arguments is clear to me, and understandable, but to ban IP or even IP ranges dismay me.

If it is in your interest to encourage those rules, then limit the settings possibilities for your mod instead of placing the burden on the server host; Clearly this could both benefit you by more people felling secure about hosting a server, but also remove the need for you to enforce these rules.

Myself, I see a need to avoid being "detected" by you. So if I didn't make the server correctly or if some whining 12 years old came cursing on the server, threatening me to report the server if i kicked him for cursing; then would I not be banned due to a mistake or two.

In other words, if I now had a few friends, but every other IP's except for the ones required to play with them was IP blocked on my computer; I assume that no one would feel the urge to ban my IP as none except from my friends could see the server.

Clearly this is the best way for me to test the server, while avoiding your judgment. And clearly I wrote it here both to let you know about it, but also other people like me who may be in dismay regarding your "Your servers, but our mod; so we ban" statement.

(feel free to ban this ip range related to my forum ip, i'm on campus and can't host anything here)

you need 15 Mbps upload, and less for download. Are you sure you have 25 Mbps upload?

-Hijack .....

my Verizon FiOS is 35/35 ....... running wide open servering up 300 + Torrents it runs at 42 /42 [28 times the speed of a T-1].... 24 hrs a day 7 days a week .......

...... 3 Tb ; 6 drive, RAID 5

RatPatrol, you have a very uncommon internet contract, but I was talking to Boomerg11. He thought to host a DayZ server at home, and with standard providers, it won't make it.

If you plan to host a game server among other torrent servers, I hope you planned to configure QoS on your router.

My server features are:

Hard Drive(s):

That's a home PC. They won't let you host.

Hello

i send an email to thedevteam 1 month and 2 weeks ago. 1 month ago i get an answer from them. they want to know some things about my root server and stuff like that. i answered this email 2 days later. since this email i havent recive a new email from them. now my question: is it normal that it takes so long or did something went wrong?

Can some1 who has a server right now tell me how long he must wait to get the passwort and id?

Do i heve to do something else?

Thanks for the help.

Greetings

Kero

Edit:

Do i have to sign up at http://support.dayzmod.com/ ?

Edited by Kero81

My roommate owns a card/tabletop gaming (and other generally "nerdy" stuff) store in town and he and the co-owners have been looking into expanding to running game servers for hosting servers for Minecraft, MW3, BF3, etc. for customers. While not a co-owner of the store myself, I'd like to help them start by getting permissions for a DayZ server, as I'm not sure what the waiting period is like. We don't have a server box set up yet, but we would absolutely spend the money for an extremely stable rig, in addition to signing up for a T1 connection for the store.

Long story short, how long does it take to get permission to run a server, and do I physically need the server box set up and ready to run it before I can gain permission?

Thank you for your time, and keep up the great work on the mod!

You're going to at least need a valid IP address that you will use the computer on. It's going to take a business line, and unfortunately T1 doesn't even come close to cutting it. I believe the minimum now is 100/100.

His best bet IMO would be to build a 1U-4U server and get it colocated, then submit a request for whitelisting.

Hello

i send an email to thedevteam 1 month and 2 weeks ago. 1 month ago i get an answer from them. they want to know some things about my root server and stuff like that. i answered this email 2 days later. since this email i havent recive a new email from them. now my question: is it normal that it takes so long or did something went wrong?

Can some1 who has a server right now tell me how long he must wait to get the passwort and id?

Do i heve to do something else?

Thanks for the help.

Greetings

Kero

Edit:

Do i have to sign up at http://support.dayzmod.com/ ?

Me2 join to question, same situation.

So what exactly prevents DayZ from running on linux? Buddy in my clan has a very good unlimited bandwidth linux server and is wondering why that is. Arma itself has official linux server files, and since DayZ is considered a mod why can't it run?

So what exactly prevents DayZ from running on linux? Buddy in my clan has a very good unlimited bandwidth linux server and is wondering why that is. Arma itself has official linux server files, and since DayZ is considered a mod why can't it run?

Linux isn't officially supported but it runs fine using WINE.

Pretty much, though I imagine there's quite a few others running it under Linux too.

Hello guys, we wanna open server in EU Zone. But we dont know good hoster.

We need best hoster, where server can work without lag, and have 75+ online players. We have money. Pls, if you know. Give me Link to hoster.

Edited by anhy

so 65 M/bt upload isnt enough and our clan cant host from a home server what is that BS? sorry for sounding like an ass but my buddy just shelled out almost $700 for new cores just so he could host this game. something is not right here

\

Your buddy should of done a bit more research before shelling out that kind of money. :/