Sign in to follow this  
fwisky

Dumb ways that you have died?

What is the dumbest way you've died in DayZ?

Mine is trying to vault over the chernogorsk apartments but then realized it was disabled on the server so i fell to my death. D:

Edited by Fwisky

Killed by a tree, killed by a tent, eaten by a rock.

doors.........Doors.........DOOOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking tractor getting stuck on a barn door and exploding when tried to reverse

• Like 1

hitting DROP DOWN LADDER on one of those silos in cherno

• Like 1

I play as a hero and I helped a bambi get gear, he found a tin can and for a joke threw it at my head. I hit 88mph and died.

• Like 1

Rocks.

Yesterday I saw someone else die in the stupidest manner ever. New spawn was running along the beach near Kamenka trailing about a dozen zeds and decided to climb up a water tower.

Bwahahahaha, I heard his character's legs break with much shrieking as I ran under...

I got a biplane stuck on a tree and was using a tractor to try and ram it back and dislodge it the tractor exploded and threw me out killing me that's what I get for trying to pick people up at balota!

Very dark out, sat in the last hanger in the south airfield I find a DMR, my first one. I can hear a zombie crawling outside for what seems like 5 minutes as I acclimatise myself to the DMR, then switch back to my Remington w/ flash-light as I have no NVGs. Low and behold it was a player crawling and he slides right in front of me into the hanger, having held up people all day I confidently flip on the light and then tell him not to turn round, but he already has, and now it's Enfield vs. Remington. Lesson: Don't surprise people with the light, probably made a good target too. I've still only been killed at airfields.

Edited by BigglesPiP

Didnt look both ways before crossing the road. I went to run across the road in some tiny village up north then out of no were i see headlights and im dead.

Had a terrible spawn way out in the middle of nowhere, compounded by the fact I had a complete brainfart and ended up running the wrong way for five minutes before realising.

Anyway, as I wasn't too concerned about dying, I was simply running down the middle of the road. In the distance, I spotted a vehicle. Figuring it was worth a shot, I waited until it was about 200m away and began to salute while hailing them on Direct comms.

As far as I know, my corpse is still going up. They must have hit me at about 120mph.

• Like 1

I find that I rarely die anymore in the game. Most of the common problems I'm already aware of, i.e. crawling through doors, running over rocks, vaulting over tents and so on.

I guess one of the most annoying deaths I've had was when I was driving our brand new 4x4 Hilux out of the woods, across a field and did a gentle left hand turn onto a road... what happened next I have no idea... but the car exploded and I was thrown from the car and knocked unconscious on the road.

I might have touched a small branch of a tree next to the road, but I was going about 10kmh while doing the turn, trying to be careful.

Or I might have been shot by a .50 caliber or something like that, causing the car to explode.

Anyways, it was extremely moronic how it blew up for what seemed like no reason :P

• Like 1

Walking along new spawn and find a nice little SD m4a1. So I thought Jesus I'm lucky. Nope 1 hit KO by zombie and I suppose my pathetic whimpers attracted enough to smash my legs, hopes, and dreams.

Accidently throwing a grenade indoors while trying to kill a zombie.

My friend did this, trying to kill a player who was outside the Cherno firestation, ( we were inside ) it hit the roof and destroyed the car full of all our gear, but neither of us.

---

My personal dumbest death was: I had taken an AS50 round to the tail rotor of my Littlebird whilst flying over the NWAF, and was taking fire from everywhere, someone obviously was trying to ambush people. I knew my entire crew and I would be killed if I set down anywhere in the open, so I had to think fast. I took the Littlebird that was going 120 KPH and dropped it to 80, flew it through the front door of a hangar, and dropper it inside with no extra damage, and no ATRQ. When I got out, I ran to the top of the ATC, fell off a roof and died.

I was obviously meant to be a bird, not a people.

• Like 5

Walking along new spawn and find a nice little SD m4a1. So I thought Jesus I'm lucky. Nope 1 hit KO by zombie and I suppose my pathetic whimpers attracted enough to smash my legs, hopes, and dreams.

Sounds like you walked into a zombie trap. They're sneaky like that - they put 3p1c L00t on the ground for people to find and then hide in nearby buildings and bushes waiting for a victim.

Also, you know the walking through walls trick? Actually the work of zombie wizards.

Edited by Target Practice
  • Like 1

Tin can, zombie, rock, door, fence, super zombie, Arma, tree, slippery floor (dont ask), skrewy, child gamer,splosion, bush, gravity, logic and finally....

Heatstroke.

Edited by GOD™

I was once indirectly killed by a hog/boar.

I hadn't been playing long, and I was crawling through a fairly infested village to get to a barn. Suddenly I noticed movement to my right and saw a large boar heading right for me. At this point, I had no idea if it was dangerous or not, but as I knew boars are nasty bastards in real life and this one seemed to be heading directly at me, I didn't want to take the chance, so I got up and ran like hell, attracting a shit-ton of aggro and eventually getting caught and beaten into a fine paste.

I was driving to Vybor Hill from NWAF at night. I mistook the small pond there for unloaded textures and drove straight into it. All the parts started turning red and I was rather confused, so I stepped out to get a look at what I had hit. As soon as I got out the UAZ exploded, and I realized I drove right into the pond.

Was looting the Cherno apartments in the dark when I hear screams outside.

Thought I'd go up on the roof to have a look around (in the dark??).

Pushed 'up' on the ladder, couldn't see when I'd got on the roof, kept pushing up, ran off the side, fell, *crack*, YOU ARE DEAD.

I've had quite a few odd ways to die. I'll list a few;

Set fire to your hair

Poke a stick at a grizzly bear

Eat medicine that’s out of date

Use your private parts as piranha bait

Dumb ways to die, so many dumb ways to die, dumb ways to di-i-i-ie, so many dumb ways to die

Get your toast out with a fork

Do your own electrical work

Teach yourself how to fly

Eat a two week old unrefrigerated pie

Dumb ways to die, so many dumb ways to die, dumb ways to di-i-i-ie, so many dumb ways to die

Invite a psycho-killer inside

Scratch a drug dealer’s brand new ride

Take your helmet off in outer space

Use your clothes dryer as a hiding place

Keep a rattlesnake as pet

Sell both your kidneys on the internet

Eat a tube of superglue

“I wonder what’s this red button do?”

Dress up like a moose during hunting season

Disturb a nest of wasps for no good reason

Stand on the edge of a train station platform

Drive around the boom gates at a level crossing

Run across the tracks between the platforms

They may not rhyme but they’re quite possibly

Dumbest ways to die

Dumbest ways to die

Dumbest ways to di-i-i-ie

So many dumb

So many dumb ways to die

\