reuben5150

5.56mm weapon nerfing

Encourages spray n pray.

In other words, we are heading towards cod/bf3 Territory and the whole reason I stopped playing those games, dayz is becoming dumbed down already.

4 body shots to kill a player is unacceptable.

And how bizarre that the l85 holo. Now deals 8000k damage.

If the reason for the nerfs is to give players better chances of escape then please make available bullet vests rather than this.

• Like 2

I like how guns work in Wasteland, sure it's frustrating. But it seems a lot more realistic than taking 16 clips of Makarov shots in the chest and standing tall.

Don't know much about the topic.

The 5.56 used to deal 3-4000 damage?

Why should the a L85 should do double?

Edited by Dallas

Why shouldn't 4-5 shots kill someone? I doubt you get shot 5 times with an m16 and you'll be doing much good. Also spray and pray is already pretty much useless in dayz already due to the amount of recoil. Oh and the l85 doesn't do 8000 dmg, it's just a rumor.

No need to bump (most) weapon damage. Just reduce player health instead. The new damages make more sense when players have normal ArmA health.

I haven't tried the L85 Holo much (only once) except for a few times in Wasteland, but if it is actually doing 8000 damage that is unacceptable.

• Like 2

Wait, I'm not sure whether I'm an idiot and have grabbed the wrong end of the stick here.

Are you complaining that four assault rifle bullets to the chest killing someone is reason to NERF a gun?

Hold on, reality's calling. It's for you.

• Like 2

No need to bump (most) weapon damage. Just reduce player health instead. The new damages make more sense when players have normal ArmA health.

I haven't tried the L85 Holo much (only once) except for a few times in Wasteland, but if it is actually doing 8000 damage that is unacceptable.

Look at the charts.

Wait, I'm not sure whether I'm an idiot and have grabbed the wrong end of the stick here.

Are you complaining that four assault rifle bullets to the chest killing someone is reason to NERF a gun?

Hold on, reality's calling. It's for you.

No, the 5.56 used to be 4500 damage, it was nerfed to 3555 except for the l85 holo which was buffed.

Also the Enfield and pistols were nerfed.

All im going to say is that if i shoot you with an AR chambered for 5.56 you will not keep running unless you have something to stop the bullet.

Edit: and thats 1 shot!

Edited by HERBERT-THETREE

Why ?, is 5.56 somehow special, we can nerf this but nothing else.

Ah right, my bad. I see what you're saying now. Apparently I can't read. :P

Still, not convinced it's encouraged spray and pray - nerfed damage or not, spray and pray in an Arma-based game = hitting everything except what you're aiming at.

Look at the charts.

Could be a mistake on the charts... from what I can tell by looking at the config, it can only use the same magazines as other 5.56mm weapons.

Bohemia's "nerf" actually made sense and wasn't an attempt to reduce player deaths. We used to have the 1911 doing 4500 damage, Makarovs more powerful than 9x19mm, etc.

Why ?, is 5.56 somehow special, we can nerf this but nothing else.

Nope, it's not "special", they reduced the damage of it when they overhauled all their damages. It's usually a 2-shot kill in ArmA, which isn't bad at all.

How old is arma 2 now ? after all this time they decide to revise damage levels ? This is nothing to do with arma, it's just rocket fucking around.

I'm not saying its gamebraking but It would just be nice if the game would keep to the arma damage model.

ArmA is from 2009 and I think last years damage changes was to the engine, not to the mod.

Edited by Dallas

How old is arma 2 now ? after all this time they decide to revise damage levels ? This is nothing to do with arma, it's just rocket fucking around.

I'm not saying its gamebraking but It would just be nice if the game would keep to the arma damage model.

The old damage model was horribly flawed and Bohemia got around to fixing it. The new damages make more sense relative to each other.

We used to have the 1911s doing 4500 damage, Makarovs more powerful than 9x19mm, etc.

The new damages make sense for ArmA, they don't work as well with DayZ where your player has twice the amount of health.

Player health needs to be nerfed.

• Like 3

A little late on the topic, but I don't think the game is becoming "dumbed down already."

It's being "populated by dumb people."

The game/mod hasn't changed in terms of weapons and their handling/firepower, so it's the people and their behavior.

Edit; This post was worded piss-poorly because of the third line of text.

Better explanation in pages 2-3.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 2

Honestly, it's a clusterfuck, Enfield reduced to 6000 for a 303, and the German smg, I forget the name is worthless.

• Like 1

A little late on the topic, but I don't think the game is becoming "dumbed down already."

It's being "populated by dumb people."

The game/mod hasn't changed in terms of weapons and their handling/firepower, so it's the people and their behavior.

You just proved your own point.

The new damages make sense for ArmA, they don't work as well with DayZ where your player has twice the amount of health.

Player health needs to be nerfed.

This is true.. the health system is unbelievably flawed.

but I do agree the weapon damage tables do need to change too.

You proved your own point because your just another idiot posting misinformation on this forum.

Why even bother.