electroban

Veteran or Normal, your marker should be on the map.

In the standalone or mod is it possible to make it so that you come up on the map irrespective of what kind of difficulty mode your using?

Considering your guy is proficient in car repair, is a crack shot (if your me), can administer a lot of medicine etc I don't think being adept at cartography is that much of an ask xD Or maybe it only comes up after you acquire a map and a compass? Or does it do that already and I'm just slow.

• Like 1

Well, IRL you dont get a blue dot on a paper map you buy in a tourist center when you go for a walk in the lake district do you! Maybe you should get it on a map if you have a GPS?

Edited by -Daniel-
  • Like 4

Why would you want to take the whole orienteering aspect out of the game?

Seriously?

• Like 8

It's really not that hard to navigate using the map right now so why would they make it even easier?

• Like 1

Nope, no, no.

Chernarus isn't even that big; it's not hard. After a while it's easy to find out exactly where you are just by looking at your surroundings, with the exception of the debug forest and other remote, characterless areas.

• Like 1

Why would you want to take the whole orienteering aspect out of the game?

Seriously?

exactly, this is part of what makes the game so immersive...... How about we just fast travel everywhere too!!!!!!!!

I agree, this

• Like 1

GPS and map then you should see a marker, otherwise no.

• Like 1

Its not like they give us a road map. Its a topographical map for christ sakes! Read the terrain it's very simple....

one of the best thing about dayz is getting totally lost

I love the fact that the map is a MAP not a magical YOU ARE HEAR piece of paper

I do think there should be 2 types of GPS the one there is and one that shows you position on a the map and lets you set way-points

otherwise keep it how is is and take away way-points lets make navigation harder not piss easy

• Like 1

Step 1: Find a GPS.

Step 2: Press Ctrl+M

Congratulations, you now have a moving map with your position marked on it in the lower right corner of your screen. That wasn't to hard no was it?

Yeah but the point is, no one can really get lost in Cherno anymore, especially considering the dayZDB map anyway!!!

And also, I think I must of been far too tired/drunk/high last night cos I got home and started playing some, by the time my play session was finished I figured out I'd spent about 2 hours running in a huge circle :/ "this cant be riight... omfg gg"

There is hardly need of the game map if you use, as already pointed out, the dayzDB map. It is far better and detailed.

However, IMHO the player marker is fine on regular servers: players need to learn. As time goes by you will know Chernarus, but that takes some time and experience.

By night in a forest, without a compass, it still takes 2 seconds to loose your orientation unless you have visible landmarks.

_Anubis_

Edited by _Anubis_

Hey guys, I'm a rubbish shot, but seeing as my guy can operate most guns, fly helicopters and cook a nice meal for two, could we also have the game do my aiming for me? I'd learn to aim myself, but I don't really want to waste my time doing something I'll never use in real life.

Thanks.

• Like 3

Hey guys, I'm a rubbish shot, but seeing as my guy can operate most guns, fly helicopters and cook a nice meal for two, could we also have the game do my aiming for me? I'd learn to aim myself, but I don't really want to waste my time doing something I'll never use in real life.

Thanks.

This!

Yes but the fact remains orientation is piss easy with the use of third party maps, the idea is to just eliminate the need to constantly alt tab? A lot of retards chipping in with a meaningless 2cents that am mount to dik all really, it just streamlines the experience without the need to alt tab? As I'd rather use the game map to orientate than the dayzdb map.

Yes but the fact remains orientation is piss easy with the use of third party maps, the idea is to just eliminate the need to constantly alt tab?

Wait, but those third party maps don't have a GPS marker either? So if you know where you are on the regular map, why the hell are you even needing to alt-tab in the first place? Do you have access to some kind of magical external map that tells you where you are in-game?

One of us seems to be drunk. The lack of singing seems to indicate that it's not me.

• Like 1

It gets to a point where you don't need a map to know wher you are. Further more it's a f**king paper map, it's not going to have a big blue dot showing you where you are, and it shouldn't, even in regular. So negatory on the blue dots.

Hell, I would make the maps full of errors and not the whole of Chernarus (like a tourist map of Elektro or something).

Hey, that's a great idea! Having a bunch of different maps to find, covering different areas and some of them with errors, would be a really nice addition to the game. To the suggestion forum!

To think that something positive would come out of this thread...

• Like 1

The game should remove any marker on the map I think. I actually want to see the map be a realistic map, one that doesn't scroll or anything, it at most puts the latitude and longitude markings and you can mostly just read names on towns, being able to visually zoom in abit to read a little closer. If you have a compass and a map, you should NEVER be lost in this game. Its not that hard.

Hey, that's a great idea! Having a bunch of different maps to find, covering different areas and some of them with errors, would be a really nice addition to the game. To the suggestion forum!

To think that something positive would come out of this thread...

It's a view shared by many. I believe I was proposing this idea somewhere in the suggestions forum last week, I mean, it's another layer of complexity to hold back the PvP tide...

Edited by Ingasmeeg
  • Like 1