Sign in to follow this  
superftlol

What's your opinion of the Gallery forum

I've posted this in general to get a larger cross section of opinion on the Gallery forum. I am a frequenter of said forum and have noticed there's a very small amount of traffic. For instance I can post something on reddit that stays front page for 48hrs and yet when I post it in the Gallery it falls off the front page with very few views quite quickly.

I can only assume that the volume of posts is outstripping the demand for views.

What's your opinion and why do or don't you visit the Gallery forum.

The only thread I visit is the "Just saw Rocket again" thread, because the majority of video's posted in there aren't really interesting, and are people just trying to get more views.

Reddit is probably that way because once they see something funny, it just turns into one massive circlejerk about how awesome and funny it is.

• Like 1

I don't use Reddit or many other internet forums apart from ausarma and a few minor ones, penny arcade for one.

The point of a gallery is really just for pictures, I don't know why people post their videos there.

Most videos are boring, there is only so many times you can watch the dance script with a backing track added.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

The point of a gallery is really just for pictures, I don't know why people post their videos there.

You're right, however the section description also states it is for videos.

The section is drowned in people trying to get subscribers for their YouTube account. It's not a bad thing in itself, but a lot of the channel users just can't deliver really impressive footage to get them without either begging or buying them. Recording ten minutes of all-day DayZ gameplay and adding some music just doesn't make anyone stand out. And the fact that a lot of eager YouTubers don't seem to grasp that is a sad fact.

Apart from maybe three video threads, I've only taken a look at the "DayZ Memes"-thread every now and then, while also posting my own creations. Most of my time on these forums I just stick with the off-topic section, since I quitted DayZ a long time ago.

Every dayz video maker/streamer I'm subbed to I found there. Although I had to wade through an abundance of lower quality vids before I found some great stuff.

I doubt I would have found half the people I enjoy watching without the forums. After announcments, suggestions, and general discussion its where I head....

Best part of the forum, I spend my working hours in there watching Videos.

Most of the videos on there are quite generic and just don't interest anyone. Unless you have a good reputation on the forum, your not going to get much views from posting on here.