_Anubis_ (DayZ)

I found a can of mountain dew ...

... in the Elektro supermarket. Not knowing what to do, I decided to drink it as an offer to the dayz spirits to grant me a long life.

Should have I done something else (I was also thinking to a peregrination to green mountain and leave it there) ?

_Anubis_

• Like 1

I always carry mine as a badge of honour, I like to see how many I can collect in one life. ;D

• Like 1

The only can of dew I found was at Green mountain. There were five people and they were all dead. Knowing the tales of Green mountain I headed out quite quickly and ran down the road. There was a dead Bandit there, laying outstreached with his Mk.48 Infront of him and a can of dew in his inventory.

I ran away from there that instant.

• Like 1

I love mountain dew. Seriously I think I'm a reincarnation of an american redneck. I love mountain dew, pickups, beer, baseball, guns, right wing politics, red meat and support our troops.

If i find a dew in game I drink it immediately and think about buying a crate from the imported goodies store. I don't believe in the curse of the dew.

Technically, you're still carrying it in your e-stomach...

It's only a matter of time, now...

I'd say in future, either leave it or throw it somewhere where it can't hurt anyone, but it's too late now... :o

Me and my friend found one in the office in Elektro, we stayed clear of it, and protected the building until the reset.. just kidding, i drank it.

It's like the One Ring. Bring it to Mordor and cast it down into the fiery depths of the volcano. In this case, Climb to the top of the Green mountain antenna and drop it there. You have given your sacrificial gift to the Antenna to spare Chernarus for some more time. If you consume it, things won't go well. At all.

• Like 1

I've been carrying one for over 2 weeks now, I found it on a bandit I killed north of Elektro, except he turned out to be a Hero helping out a new spawn. :(

I've not been to green mountain with it yet...

Honestly any time i come across a can of the amazing Mountain Dew i hold on to it in my backpack as a good luck charm.

You know whats crazy? It never fails. I live long and prosper with the can in my bag.

I see a lot of fools thinking they can outrun the curse of the drink I dare not name - or that it will bypass them in some way.

Repent, I say unto ye, and rid yourselves of that devil's brew, for surely it summon up a tempest which will consume your very soul. Or cause a Zombie to glitch through a wall and rip ye a new one. 'Tis all good.

On a lighter note, the only time I carried, rather than consumed, that ..... beverage..... the server glitched and I washed up on the shore miles from where I left off, losing all my gear - but keeping my stats. The horror .... The horror ..... the horror.

last time i went to green mountain with a dew there was a guy in the entrance of the tower and he attacked me with an axe.my m14 aim was faster and more accurate,but i drunk the god forsaken drink and left.i died 2-3 days later,from a bandit that stopped with his suv 800m away from me and shot me with an as50 while i was running to krasnostav.he just got in his car and drove away,it was like he came just to kill me..

It's like the One Ring. Bring it to Mordor and cast it down into the fiery depths of the volcano. In this case, Climb to the top of the Green mountain antenna and drop it there. You have given your sacrificial gift to the Antenna to spare Chernarus for some more time. If you consume it, things won't go well. At all.

I'm reading LOTR right now. O.o

• Like 1

I have found 2 Dew's in this game.

First one I carried for about half an hour and then the whole server is insta killed by a hacker.

Second one I found in a truck. We found a 4x4 hilux crashed. We quickly added a wheel and engine parts and booked. Pulled off in the trees and checked the gear. There was a dew and soldier clothing. I drank the dew and we dumped the soldier gear in the forest. Within 5 minutes of finding the truck I had to log for dinner. My brother was going to take the truck to go loot. Before I could hang up the phone my brother says "Player just spawned. Shit, he's shooting at me." Turns out the guy is teleporting back and forth around my brother. He dumps a good 30 rounds into him as the guy was a horrible shot(hence the hacking I guess). The guy starts flashing lightning or something like he's Thor and blows up the truck. Killed my brother who couldn't log as the battle timer wouldn't let him.

I will never touch another MD in this game. I will tuck tale and run. It's toxic piss anyway.

The one Dew I have found has granted me plenty of good luck. I found it in the first apartment I went into in Cherno (along with a ghillie). I carried it for about a week and over the course of the week I found my first crash site and walked away with an M14 and loaded with DMR mags. I finally had to drink it in a moment of desperation, but my luck has kept up. I've successfully avoided multiple helis, killed hundreds of zed, and haven't lost a bit of blood since. Apparently, I am cursed though. I have been completely unable to find a tent.

Edited by Goggalor

drink it and you will die, hold on to it for luck but whatever you do DO NOT DRINK THEM

I drank a dew once on Taviana...when I came back online all our cars were gone and our tents looted. Damn you Dew!

I came across an invisible can of Dew in Elektro school. I was walking down the stairs from the second floor and it flashed up as an item to pick up, but I couldn't actually see it. I didn't pick it up. I had an overwhelming feeling of something bad happening if I did.

We used to poor a bag of M&M's into a bottle and call it toxic sludge. But we were frying on acid at the time, and the Dew has grown stronger since. I look back now and cant belive I drank that moose piss with M&M's, but when your on another great acid trip, nothing seems to be a bad idea.

Disclaimer: Warning, while on acid kids reality is not the same. Do not try this at home. :D