BAHADIR

.::Who the fuk is that guy ?::.

While playing on public hive servers, I always check the players list (before the 1.7.5.1 update) I saw a guy named "George Smith". He was always there like a member of the Leauge of Shadows. But I never see him near me nor anywhere in game.

Is that guy real ? or Am I losing my mind and creating hallucination characters by myself ?

George Smith? Oh, yeah, that guy. He was ex-communicated some while ago...later changed his name to Bane. You know.

Lol, sometimes the server glitches out and turns the name of a player in-game to that, it has happened to me before.

• Like 2

George Smith is one of the NPC names, I don't know what causes it to appear in game though.

• Like 1

George Smith is one of the NPC names, I don't know what causes it to appear in game though.

Thank you so much, just a moment I thought I've had been stalked by a rapist. I mean Everyway I go, every server I join, every step I take, he was there. Thanks again...

Strange I swear there is a George smith skin in player settings, maybe it loads his name into the scoreboard before your user name.

I could be wrong though.

Strange I swear there is a George smith skin in player settings, maybe it loads his name into the scoreboard before your user name.

I could be wrong though.

Maybe, I never realised that.

Lol, sometimes the server glitches out and turns the name of a player in-game to that, it has happened to me before.

I'll never forget the day you tugged at my heartstrings as George Smith.

• Like 2

IIRC, when the server fails to load your player profile it doesn't log you in further... that's when you get the perpetual waiting for host / looking at that briefing map / similar hang-ups.

Those times, ArmA loads a default player (George Smith or, if it happens multiple times during a server's uptime, similar names) but ultimately doesn't spawn it, sometimes resulting in the player name appearing in the multiplayer stats screen (that is now disabled).

Something like that....

Edited by Elvaron
  • Like 2

I believe the default npc face for your character is George Smith... Sometimes it glitches and sais that instead of your name... Orrr.... He is your father and your name might be Luke...

Edited by Jeremiah_Ranger

George Smith?

He has followed you since you spawned at Kamenka.

You always see him from time to time. See that bush you walked past? Wasn't a bush, was him in a Ghillie.

See that random body in the middle of no-where? Was him protecting you from future threats.

Camping Tent full of juicy loot in the forest? His personal stash.

But if your too close to him, a whole round of Stanag SD in your head.

Every time we had a server restart, the name Ewan Jones would appear in the player stats menu. Most of the time, it would happen within 5-10 minutes of the restart, although you never see the name in game, only in the player stats menu. Again, never saw this guy in game... sounds like it might be the same issue. Next time check to see if the name appears in game, as well as the stats menu, if this is the case, then it is the same thing that happens to our server every damn restart. Just a dif name

Oh shit, that's why I saw "Michael L. Jackson" or something very similiar when I was playing DayZ SINGLEPLAYER

I didn't wanna post a topic about it, because I thought I was tripping. I exited an ATV and I saw the nameplate for only a second.

I'll never forget the day you tugged at my heartstrings as George Smith.

Only for you <3

I enjoyed a few steaks and a pepsi with George at pobeda dam last night. Said few words and went on his way disappearing into the treeline did not turn back to wave.

• Like 1

Nope.ogg

He just appared again. But thank you people, I understand Im not insane atm. Its about the glitch...