SmashT

Ask a question to be answered in next blog update.

We're going to answer some questions about standalone in the next blog update. Ask question with hashtag #AskDayZ and we'll choose some.

http://twitter.com/r...991940239532032

If you don't have twitter, post below and I'll post them on twitter, remember there is a 140 character limit.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 10

Since I don't have Twatter, would anyone mind asking him how the 3rd person/1st person thing will be handled?

I'd like to know if there are any plans to supplement the new loot-spawn system with lootable containers. (like fallout 3)

• Like 1

WEN R RELEASE DATE AND WERE R DOGS? #askDayS

No, seriously - are there any plans for a combination of zombie behaviour? For example, we currently have the hoppers and such... are we going to see a combination of sprinting and staggering zombies for that sense of variety?

edit - didn't realise you were posting these to the dev team on our behalf (i did tweet Rocket with the above question direct but no answer), thanks Smasht :wub: :beans:

Edited by mzltv

How large is the Chernarus + map, Is it the same size or has it been made a little bigger? and Do you even Lift?

Cheers for a great game.

Cheers again smasht

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

I'd like to know if there are any plans to make the weapons more realistic regarding the russian background of the map....for example a Mosin-Nagant instead of a Lee Enfield etc..

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

When your finished the standalone, will you be satisfied or continuing to publish new work/updates :)

How will the new system that allows you to leave notes anywhere work, exactly?

• Like 1

Are you planning on de-nerfing pistols for the SA? What are your thoughts on the lethality of guns?

Thanks for doing this, Smasht.

You've mentioned giving weapons an overhaul recently, how is that going and are melee weapons being worked on yet?

(cheers Smash, me love you long time)

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

How rare are vehicle parts going to be and will more than a toolbox be required to repair one?

And will fueling up be more than just walking up to a gas tank with a Jerry can?

Don't know if already asked but "Will there be a leveling system in SA ? i.e mechanic level, increasing chance of repairing vehicles or times to repair it"

(sorry for my poor english)

Edited by Foskifo

What will the zombies be like? Same as now ? Powerful and fast but in small numbers, Or slow and weak but in big numbers?

(a question that has probably been asked many a time but im curious :)

i think it would be great if we could use a house like we use a tent, occupy it and stock items in it. Of course it could be looted by others. Is this a possibility in DayZ SA?

Will there be animals that could potentially be dangerous? Or will they be how the DayZ mod animals are?

Don't know if already asked but "Will there be a leveling system in SA ? i.e mechanic level, increasing chance of repairing vehicles or times to repair it"

(sorry for my poor english)

There won't be any kind of levelling system in, and I'm glad about that.

• Like 1

Right now, the mod is just a huge pvp fest, what do you think can be done to enforce more interactions with other players and limit the "kill-on-sight" mentality that is happening way too much in the mod as it is currently?

is there going to be a large crafting system in SA, where players can harvest materials from vehicles and lootspawns and use tools to combine these to weapons and survival utilities?