ZealousStealthSlayer

Choose body shape of avatar

Hi,

To be frank, I would like to be able to alter my avatars body during creation of character. Example; you could choose between ectomorph, endomorph and mesomorph. If a player wants an overweight body shape, or tall and skinny then why not. Alter stats to create the shape of desire.

Taking it a step further, perhaps if you are obese, you are slower at running, but can take more HP damage. If you are muscular perhaps you can run faster etc...

I think it would add to the wealth of the game.

wtf this is REALLY offensive are you saying fat people can take a bullet better then skinny people

why not let the game decide after the way you live out your dayz?

eat to much, no exercise, get fat etc.

smash loads of zombie skull, become power house the mighty and so on!

Hi,

To be frank, I would like to be able to alter my avatars body during creation of character. Example; you could choose between ectomorph, endomorph and mesomorph. If a player wants an overweight body shape, or tall and skinny then why not. Alter stats to create the shape of desire.

Taking it a step further, perhaps if you are obese, you are slower at running, but can take more HP damage. If you are muscular perhaps you can run faster etc...

Body mass doesn't realistically make a real difference to the survival rate of a bulletwound, blood loss would lead to death in any case and to stop a bullet within the fat, a person would have to have a 72cm layer of blubber to stop a bullet.

why not let the game decide after the way you live out your dayz?

eat to much, no exercise, get fat etc.

smash loads of zombie skull, become power house the mighty and so on!

I like this one. In actuality, there are little benefits to being overweight. Maybe you'd be slightly warmer? I dunno. But besides that, there are no benefits.

It'd be cool for you to have to watch your diet.

I think everyone would try to make their character as small and monkey-like as possible in order to present a smaller target...

I would like to include anything that varies the appearance of a player, giving them better identity and individuality. Being able to choose your body shape when you spawn is a bad idea, as is providing certain perks to differing body shapes.

Hi,

There will be no benefit to being fat within this game as you would be easily overrun by the infected, and will require lots more food, blood pack in order to regain health. Also, greater area for another player to hit with greater trauma and you won't be able to fit in vehicles as well (or as Homer would say, require two seats for the twins)

Being fat might make you retain more heat, and displace more water (float better), but that's not exactly an advantage if you move slower, need more sustenance and are a bigger target.

I'd like to see more variety in body shape, but only to provide a unique appearance.

Any other factors will make the system exploitable, and will only lead to everyone min/maxing to gain advantages.

wtf this is REALLY offensive are you saying fat people can take a bullet better then skinny people

Remember the quote in zombieland? Fat ones are the first to go...? ;)

There is some fact in that...beeing fat might give you an advantage survivalwise if you don't have that much food or no food for a day or two..but you will still be affected. Needing water is out of the question for both...

And if giving body types advantages happens a lot of people would go "rambo"...more weapons they can carry... Then i hope they change the food system too because a muscleman might even need more food to stay in shape than a fat guy because fat doesn't need to be fed...

you would have to add ALL body types....so here

people with large muscles = muscles carveout their bone (easy to break a bone)being able to lift stuff for a short time doesnt help in a survival situation

fat people drushed lungs,organs surrounded by fat,heave ect=slow lumbering,easy target,no upside at all

scrawny people fast,hard to hit,can fit in small places

tall people,medium speed,dont have to compensate for BD as much,head might peak above cover...

being fat dont have to be a perk. it could just stop you camping, eating all your supplies!

fattys can last longer being able to burn more body fat. the body starts to eat itself after starvation kicks in.. also they may make a better punch bag being able to have a higher resist to bludgeon type punishment.

Edited by psstloaf

no, why? will need new animations, rigging redone, a lot of work, new code, clothing would need to be redesigned in some aspects, its a lot of work, so no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!