Sign in to follow this  
MrSliff

Too hard since 1.7.5.1

Come on Guys, dont u think ist too hard since the last patch?!

I sit on a roof in elektro and shoot once with a makarov... WHOLE zombies around 150m are running towards me, i just shot with a makarov

if u change the difficulty with zombies, then let the lootspawns be more better

• Like 1

Would you rather have half zombies running at you?

• Like 12

I think people forget how loud weapons are in RL. A pistol shot is easily heard well beyond 150m, so why should zombies not swarm to your location?

• Like 5

I have tried 1.7.5.1 for a while. I moved back to 1.7.4.4 and then forward to 1.7.5.1.

The problem of 1.7.5.1 is not that it is too hard, but that it is too random (1st problem) and too glitchy (2nd problem).

The glitchy side refers to Zombies. I reported several times that they die stupidly by falling from buildings (I wish I could record this) and now it is acknowledged that their AI is broken.

But this is not really hard, just stupid.

And indeed the Zombies are EASIER if you just forget you have a firearm (now I drop it before raiding anything), they are far less able to follow, they often either forget or stop tracking or turn around (in a town).

I started a new game and travelled in Elektro running circuits to get stuff (power plant, school, hospital, supermarket, fire station, then repeat): the loot was miserable despite having somehow 100 spawn points available and I have been wounded twice in the supermarket, every time by Zombies glitching through the walls. But after 3 laps I had all the tools, food, beverage, water bottles, medical stuff of any kind, an Ak-74, an M1911, ammo and an ACU pack (where are the Alice now ?), it took 20 minutes or so and then I left.

The funny thing is that now everybody is so scared to fire inside a town that you have also less risks doing that kind of stunt than before if the server isn't too crowded.

The real problem is the high variance in loot. A 6 loot-points places give you almost nothing and half of what you find is crap. A 12 loot-point gives you one/two useful items.

I go on mostly by killing Zombies with the hatchet or I have enough patience , I just wait for them to spawn in the wrong place and die.

Game is also (too) random. One day it is all rabbits (impossible to catch silently) another day I kill a cow, gut it and after a minute I get another cow. Doesn't make sense...

It is not really harder.

_Anubis_

• Like 3

DayZ has to be a tough game. It is a designed as a hardcore survival simulation within a realistic environment.

PvE was way too simple - matter of fact: DayZ is a PvP-deathmatch with zombies.

General surviving and looting big cities becomes more difficult, so in the future ppl maybe are forced to cooperate more often or just think before they start a big shootout in habitated areas.

But they should reconsider the fact, that you can be hit too easy while sitting in a car, starting the plane or a helicopter became also a big issue nowadays.

Also there are some annoying bugs (zombies glitching through walls, broken legs while passing a door etc.), but I'm sure this will be fixed within the standalone. Keep ya head up, plan your routes now. :)

Also: Agree to _Anubis_, but imho DayZ is heading to the right direction.

Edited by Flaschenkind
  • Like 3

This thread does not require a lengthy reply, as the OP spent less time writing the post than it takes to go to the bathroom, and not even wash your hands afterward.

Remember when it took 5 mins to get killed by 4 zombies constantly slapping you?

And one monkey zombie would see you randomly while all other zombies that were closer wouldn't?

And no one was really afraid of zombies at all?

Getting away from zombies was just a formality?

People could fire all their AK into you in town and not worry about getting overly swarmed?

All fixed in the new patch.

I hate it when people who play a game complain that it gets harder. It's another challenge, IMO. Either STEP UP, or GET OUT. If you aren't skilled enough to take this game by the reins and overcome it, you don't know what a game is and you shouldn't be playing this one. This is what survival is about. Living through all the s*** life throws at you. You aren't always meant to be fine. Life is suffering, and those icons should not always be green.

Live with it. Or die, because that's where you're headed now.

Edited by McCullins
  • Like 6

I wouldn't mind this update too much if it fixed the wall hacking zombies. If you apt the difficulty on the zombies then you better fix the bugs, otherwise it just becomes too frustrating.

Don't count on DayZ fixing everything, because it will still be in Alpha when released.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind this update too much if it fixed the wall hacking zombies. If you apt the difficulty on the zombies then you better fix the bugs, otherwise it just becomes too frustrating.

Don't count on DayZ fixing everything, because it will still be in Alpha when released.

Moving trough walls is not a DayZ glitch, it's an Arma glitch. Don't expect it to be fixed, we will have to be patient until the standalone releases.

• Like 1

mod is exactly as it was meant to be in the beginning i think , stealth is once again part of the excitement instead of dickheads running through cities getting the gear then fucking off into the woods :D

Moving trough walls is not a DayZ glitch, it's an Arma glitch. Don't expect it to be fixed, we will have to be patient until the standalone releases.

How is it an Arma glitch? I've never seen it happen in Arma, only DayZ. Plus, I saw Razor say it was a glitch that was fixable. If you're going to up zombies, you better fix that glitch, because it's ridiculous.

How is it an Arma glitch? I've never seen it happen in Arma, only DayZ. Plus, I saw Razor say it was a glitch that was fixable. If you're going to up zombies, you better fix that glitch, because it's ridiculous.

Ah ok... Rocket said once that it was an arma glitch. If it can be fixed they should do it asap, aswell as Z hearing you eat, drink or refuel.

Sigh. Why you don't use search function... all people do is "Herp derp I'm gonna start a 18th thread about difficult 1.7.5.1 derp". USE EXISTING ONES, I BEG YOU!

1.7.5.1 is hard in general -category:

http://dayzmod.com/f...rvival-too-far/

http://dayzmod.com/f...ough-with-1751/

Zombies in 1.7.5.1 QQ and some general questions

http://dayzmod.com/f...zombies-really/

http://dayzmod.com/f...-the-new-patch/

http://dayzmod.com/f...-totally-shite/

Edited by Kuikka

mod is exactly as it was meant to be in the beginning i think , stealth is once again part of the excitement instead of dickheads running through cities getting the gear then fucking off into the woods :D

Nope, the opposite.

That is now EASIER than in 1.7.4.4 if you don't shoot, because Z don't follow properly/loose sight or interest and the bystanders don't want to risk a shoot due to the aggro risk - you throw stealth out of the window, run like Bolt and rely upon the Z stupidity.

Just don't shoot. If you raid when it is dark then it is abismaly easy since Z do not see you well.

_Anubis_

Nope, the opposite.

That is now EASIER than in 1.7.4.4 if you don't shoot, because Z don't follow properly/loose sight or interest and the bystanders don't want to risk a shoot due to the aggro risk - you throw stealth out of the window, run like Bolt and rely upon the Z stupidity.

Just don't shoot. If you raid when it is dark then it is abismaly easy since Z do not see you well.

_Anubis_

u have misunderstood what i am saying "mod is exactly as it was meant to be in the beginning i think " meaning that to begin with the zombie hearing was meant to be functioning , sadly it wasnt

You know the glitch exists so why do you still get caught out by it? and then cry.

(Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results) - http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Narcotics_Anonymous

• Like 1

Imo this mod is still too easy, make it harder please :)

In a real zombie apocalyspe most people would be terrified to even go into a town filled with zombies let alone shoot a gun there.

Zombies that fucking terrifying would inprove the game even more.

1.7.5.1 is a step in the right direction

:)

• Like 3

Sort the (hiding in a tree to lose aggro glitch) and please please (make zombies run indoors) then ill be happy :)

You cod style players have had their fun and games for toolong on Dayz, Making it a fps shooter.

Its us zombie survival players time now :), either step up and learn to play that way or gtfo back to.....

http://youtu.be/QFWZIMv1_qw

Edited by jaytmuk
  • Like 4

_Anubis_

You do know there is a signature function on these forums?

Sort the (hiding in a tree to lose aggro glitch) and please please (make zombies run indoors) then ill be happy :)

Y U NO EDIT YOUR POSTS!?

Seriously, no use in posting a new reply to add a forgotten comment....

Edited by McCullins

Yeah, make it harder and more realistic so DayZ will be all about hiding underneath a table holding a kitchen knife; because that would be what people would do during a zombie apocalypse...

:facepalm:

• Like 1

If zeds still knock you out through walls and flicker about when your try to shoot them up close, then yeah it's too hard. With about a 100 different zed animations, and some decent pathing/collision detection. It should redeem itself.

• Like 1