Sign in to follow this  
Xianyu

Consider the new patch PRACTISE

Okay, so, from what we can see of the standalone videos:

Zombies are going to be spawned at the start of the map, when the server starts. No more knowing where people are by looking for zombies.

And loot has been spread around buildings. It doesn't exist in piles any more. It's under chairs, behind cupboards, IN cupboards, and strewn around the place.

You know all that QQ'ing you're doing about zombies being so difficult? About how they're so hard to lose and don't leave you alone, making looting hard? Just wait until it's impossible to run into a building and loot the place.

That's right. You're going to have to stealth into the building and NOT get aggro'd by zombies to have any chance of successfully looting the place. You're going to have to remain stealthy. And you know what? that's a good thing in the standalone.

Running zombies will be what to look for in the standalone. Not zombies by themselves, but RUNNING zombies. Don't make the zombies run, don't get detected.

In other words. Use this patch as practise. Change your style of gameplay now, so that when the standalone drops, you won't be reduced to a QQ'ing crybaby because the zombies make it impossible to loot anywhere. Get in and out without aggro'ing zombies, period.

Practise, practise, practise.

The standalone will be the playground of the stealthy, and not the rambo-esque playstyle that was encouraged in previous patches. Prepare yourself.

• Like 8

I agree, but dis-agree, i love the new patch and all that it offers but, if i have to be stealthy at almost EVERYTHING i do, that playstyle is going to wear quickly. Honestly, i think the player should be able to choose how they want to play, the fact that everyone is so bent on "realism" and "stealth" is going to be SA's downfall. Again, Pushing a gamestyle just doesn't fit well when it comes to marketing.

I agree, but dis-agree, i love the new patch and all that it offers but, if i have to be stealthy at almost EVERYTHING i do, that playstyle is going to wear quickly. Honestly, i think the player should be able to choose how they want to play, the fact that everyone is so bent on "realism" and "stealth" is going to be SA's downfall. Again, Pushing a gamestyle just doesn't fit well when it comes to marketing.

I think you'll find that the current game DOES push a playstyle. The rambo playstyle. You can't stealth around zombies, because zombies only come out while you're nearby, allowing everyone to know where you are. Ergo, no stealth. period.

Certainly not punishing a playstyle, nope.

• Like 5

Agreed, I think making DayZ harder is the way to go. A lot of casuals seems to interpret that harder difficulty will mean a more boring and hardcore game but I don't think it does. It feels more rewarding to put myself at risk to get something I want, this is what's truly missing with the DayZ mod. I hope in the SA,

I won't be able to sprint to Elektro carelessly, gear myself up and kill some newspawns because zeds are just minor annoyance that can be outran easily.

I won't be able to lose zeds by running into bushes or inside buildings.

I won't be able to flank a bandit so easily by peaking around corners with 3rd person and not risk anything.

I won't be able to find .50 cal anti-material rifles that a civilian would have no chance in hell to use properly.

I won't be able to camp in the woods forever because the woods is like a safe-haven right now.

I won't be able to use nvg/thermal gadgets that doesn't require batteries.

I won't be able to run back to my dead body and get my gears back.

I won't be immune to diseases because medications for it are too common.

I won't be able to find food and water every 10 seconds.

and lastly, I hope I won't be able to just ignore severe weathers and temperatures because there's no/very little consequences for staying in that kind of conditions for too long.

I'm able to do almost everything I mentioned above in the mod, and in my opinion, it just waters down the experience because the reward greatly outweighs the risk you have to put yourself into to get what you wanted/needed. The new patch isn't even as hard as some people exaggerates it to be and just look at how many threads are being made complaining about how hard it is. Rocket should not give too much attention to those people because those are probably the same people who want to spawn with an M4,a compass and a vehicle and they also probably complain that 3rd person isn't easy enough for them.

Edited by landfish
  • Like 2

The QQ'ing about zombies, at least the more legitimate complaints, of them being harder, is less about zombies being legitimately harder and more that the horribly bugging zombies are more buggy and now there are way more of them to fight at the drop of a can lol

I do agree though that people should prepare for legitimately challenging zombies. No more running to buildings so you can pick them off as they shamble up stairs, you won't be able to glitch them out, I just hope they work right. No glitchy attacks, you have the chance to outrun zombies (They aren't undead, they are infected, probably dehydrated and weakened, maniacs. They shouldn't be olympic runners lol), legitimate line of sight stuff.

• Like 1

The zombies aren't that much harder, yes they aggro easier and gather faster but they still ignore you at night and don't hear SD weapons or ammo. So you can just stand out in the open and pick them off at your leisure. The night is your friend, especially if you have NVG's and silenced weapons. I used to play on a server that had one hit knockout zombies. You died a lot on that server. What they need to do is fix the zombies so that they can't walk through just about anything. I don't care if they open doors and such but just walking through things is just stupid.

if i have to be stealthy at almost EVERYTHING i do, that playstyle is going to wear quickly. Honestly, i think the player should be able to choose how they want to play,
You do choose.

You can either be stealthy, avoid aggro, and loot successfuly OR, run about like a headless chicken until you get shot or the Zeds get you.

I may be full of sarcasm, but overcoming the challenge you've been presented is EXACTLY what everyone is expected to do.

The fact it's become a meme doesn't stop "deal with it" from being the perfect phrase here.

You do choose.

You can either be stealthy, avoid aggro, and loot successfuly OR, run about like a headless chicken until you get shot or the Zeds get you.

I may be full of sarcasm, but overcoming the challenge you've been presented is EXACTLY what everyone is expected to do.

The fact it's become a meme doesn't stop "deal with it" from being the perfect phrase here.

No, you really DON'T choose. You can't be stealthy. Stealthy requires crawling through a town, taking nearly half an hour to get from one end to the other. The rambo style requires five minutes of sprinting, and you get the same amount of loot.. Except the person who is stealthy has a massively increased chance of attractive other players because of the zombies that spawned around him. Only someone with an incredibly thick skull doesn't know this.

Zombies in cherno? PLAYER IN CHERNO.

Crawl through cherno on a populated server ten times, and then run through it ten times. Tell me how many of those times you actually survive.

But 'deal with it' is going to be exactly what you'll have to do come standalone when you CAN'T sprint loot. And boy, is the QQ then going to make me laugh my ass off.

Did you just call me thick then repeat the point that I made?

Well, I never.....

EDIT:

Just for reference. Yes, you CAN be stealthy. And it doesn't mean you have to take ages about it. You just have to think.

It's a wild leap for some, I know, but it's going to be pretty feckin' necessary if SA is anything like expected.

Once again, for you fellas at the back.

Whatever challenge is presented, is the challenge you have to deal with.

It's the design of the game. Simple as.

There's not one "right" way to do anything. It's ALL choice.

If running in like Rambo makes it more difficult, another method may have different results.

To say it's not up to you is just showing ignorance of the possibilities.

Edited by Chabowski

I cant wait for the SA zombies to be released whereby they run indoors and they dont just spawn just because a player is nearby.

Surely in a zombie apocalypse avoidance of zombies should be the main goal and the only way to do this would be by being smart and stealthy. People have complained about the non-threat of the zombies for months, hopefully that changes.

And i dont think you should compare the buggy zombies in the mod to what they will be in SA. Walking and hitting through walls will surely be addressed.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 2

I hate the idea of zombies running inside. Unless they fix the zombies' little sporadic, buggy ass zig zag shit, running inside could be horrible.

I'm in agreement with the OP. Players have adapted to the behaviour of Zeds over the months and this is just another iteration. I'm pretty sure that SA is going to be even tougher but more fair (they'll run indoors but they won't clip through walls or zig-zag). This game is awesome because it's a challenge not in spite of it.

Edited by Bribase

So, if all the easy ways of getting rid of zombies is being adressed, how will you ever lose them? (Talking about running up hills, around walls, through buildings) You can take bushes away, that's too easy.

Before I get insulted, I'm asking about losing a big group of them, without a weapon that you didn't mean to aggro (as in, I tried being stealthy but it didn't work out) I can't imagine me killing 10+ with a hatchet.

Edited by Nadja92

i have ALWAYS played stealthy. i usually have a higher player/bandit kill count than zombie kill count when i die. because there are so many more solutions than shooting them. unlike players

This game should be the most devilishly punishing MOFO on the planet!

At the end of the day, players always seem to figure out how to beat the AI and the elements. Anything short of a "hell/impossible" difficulty is gonna be cracked by the majority sooner or later. Make it harder.

A harsh nightmare filled with these devilish creatures. This game should simulate that.

• Like 1

Someone had metioned having zombies spawn as soon as the server starts, and have them spawn everywhere, not just when a player enters that radius, I think its a great idea as stealth would be much more prevalent then it is now. And yeah, it is possible to take a silent approach as xianyu said, but he's right, zombies will spawn alerting other players that you are there, just haven't aggroed anything yet. That alone is enough reason for players to come hunt you. So to recap

Sneaking: usefull, but hardly worth it seeing as players will know you are there anyways

Spawn zombies ahead of time: great idea, will make sneaking much more handy. But will without a doubt be a big hit on the players framerate

Ppl tend to forget that this is a zombie game and so zombies should be the main threat, bring them even more harder in standalone rocket because i stil think they are not a threat at all at their current state.

They need to spawn zombies inside some of the bedroom's of houses.

So people don't just run into a house and ransack the shit out of it with ease.

There needs to be some sort of threat within the buildings to.

Edited by Naz187
  • Like 2

The only gripe i have with 1.7.5.1 is that when you try to clear an area of zombies with an non silenced weapon new zombies spawn all around and bumrush with millimeter precision to the point of the gunshot(s).

I sure hope the SA will be about surviving and if push comes to shove you will be able to shoot your way out of a bad situation without having your entire screen filled with zombies that have a better sense of direction and distance measurement than a sniper detection system:

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/images/4/2005/08/4497_28080592039.jpg

I cant wait for the stand alone harder zombies that don't glitch or zigzag

I hate the fact that the biggest threat from zombie is that they are so glitchy

I have complained that zombies are harder in this patch NOT because they are harder but because of the WAY that they are harder

fixing them would make them harder

the thought of zombies running inside scares the shit out of me AND I CAN'T WAIT

zombies glitching through the walls and hitting harder just pisses me off esp with the reach they have sometimes

Edited by King Tubbs

As much as I can dream, I don't want to get hyped up with so many great things and have it turn out that the standalone won't have those awesome features outright.

Because I know that I'll be like "They didn't give me what I promised myself. I hate them"

Even though I'll never hate them. NEVER.