joeyslucky22

[3D model] Different Food Qualities (3/29 Update)

Man I love your thread, very well job with the models, the only thing I would suggest (not really with your work but for the game) would be to have only 2 versions of the quality instead of 3, but it would be the rusted and dusty. In a zombie apocalypse, I doubt we could find anything in perfect condition like in the grocery store now lol. Maybe less dusty and a ruasty version.

Man I love your thread, very well job with the models, the only thing I would suggest (not really with your work but for the game) would be to have only 2 versions of the quality instead of 3, but it would be the rusted and dusty. In a zombie apocalypse, I doubt we could find anything in perfect condition like in the grocery store now lol. Maybe less dusty and a ruasty version.

What if you were to somehow make/clean it?

512x512

Two more down:

kDbfxG7.jpg

Ha - i like te POTUSA reference.

Millions of peaches, peaches for me!!

• Like 1

thread must not die

I literally just woke up. Now to think of something new... Or work on that surgical kit... or that nailgun...

Any...wishes?

• Like 1

I'd love to see a nailgun, Chernarus styled nailgun. I guess it's a bit dusty, probably found near doors with a few planks on the floor or put on the door with the use of the nailgun.

Edited by voddler
  • Like 1

Now to think of something new... Or work on that surgical kit... or that nailgun...

Any...wishes?

Do you fancy whipping up a golf club for me? :D

I've got the urge to bash some Zed skulls in with a pitching wedge.

I literally just woke up. Now to think of something new... Or work on that surgical kit... or that nailgun...

Any...wishes?

If you could make my trail mix bag, I will provide you with a logo I am making for it (which is taking ages).

And you can texture the rest. :P

If you could make my trail mix bag, I will provide you with a logo I am making for it (which is taking ages).

And you can texture the rest. :P

I just made a pistachio bag:

2nb7kaq.png

So sure, send me the logo and I'll make a re-skin towards trail mix ;)

If you're good with that model, it'll only take an hour :D

Edited by Elvaron
  • Like 1

I just made a pistachio bag:

2nb7kaq.png

So sure, send me the logo and I'll make a re-skin towards trail mix ;)

If you're good with that model, it'll only take an hour :D

The model looks nice, I probably won't be done until later today unfortunately as I am out (using my phone's internet here). And it's not really finished yet so give me a few hours, sorry!

Do you fancy whipping up a golf club for me? :D

I've got the urge to bash some Zed skulls in with a pitching wedge.

2cn8roi.png

The model looks nice, I probably won't be done until later today unfortunately as I am out (using my phone's internet here). And it's not really finished yet so give me a few hours, sorry!

Don't worry, when it's done it's done ;)

• Like 4

Och, ye wee beauty!.

That'll serve to stove a couple heads in eh?

FORE!

EDIT:

How's your little medical kit coming along?

The scalpel in the blown up pic looks ace. Are the ridges on the handle part of the model or the texture?

Edited by Chabowski

This thread looks more like your local convenience store than an apocalypse xD

Edited by Sinkatze

How's your little medical kit coming along?

The scalpel in the blown up pic looks ace. Are the ridges on the handle part of the model or the texture?

Ridges are texture ;) That'd be a little overkill on the polycount seeing how it's tiny.

Didn't take as long as I thought. Have fun with the model - maybe a nuts and chocolate trail mix? Made in Chernarus somewhere!

Alright ;) Will get right on it now that the machete is sorta finished:

10dfol2.png

Btw Joey, we should look into fruits & vegetables! You know, 3 tomatoes, 2 apples, 4 carrots... that kind of stuff. Especially if they make gardens lootable :D

Plus they lend themselves to nice rotten textures.

Edited by Elvaron
  • Like 6

wait, lol, this has become an official 3d modelling sugestion that actually gets delivered? nice, just make more melee stuff, or fruit like apples, from red to green, good to spoiled, than we could have spawns in trees for fruits!!!

• Like 1

wait, lol, this has become an official 3d modelling sugestion that actually gets delivered? nice, just make more melee stuff, or fruit like apples, from red to green, good to spoiled, than we could have spawns in trees for fruits!!!

Yeah or maybe when/if they add crafting professions and you make your own food ;)

Ridges are texture ;) That'd be a little overkill on the polycount seeing how it's tiny.
Thought so. Ah, the things you can achieve with a bit of normal mapping.

Lovely stuff.

Very tempted to go try some 3ds max now.

Edited by Chabowski

I'm pretty sure that canned food lasts 'forever' (depending on if it was sealed properly and if all germs were destoryed in the canning process). Long as the inside of the can is intact and the seal isn't broken the food inside should be fine/edible/disease free. (heard stories about researchers finding cans from like the 1800s, rusted to hell but still intact, opening it and the food was still good safe to consume) Now it could be explained by the cans in Chenarus being of lower quality materials or something (my dad used to work for a coke bottling plant, think he said they used to weld the cans, but after a while people started getting sick because of the flux used in the process)

I was thinking the same thing, but maybe we can think of the dusty/rusty ones like they are damaged, then there is a chance the food inside is contaminated.

It would be really nice if Joey could add something like this

iZNNxcbDHMlFd.jpg

maybe not so much damage but similar for the older ones. Would be a ton of more work though I guess.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Didn't take as long as I thought. Have fun with the model - maybe a nuts and chocolate trail mix? Made in Chernarus somewhere!

Went for a vintage look, let me know what you think:

2u5w3mo.png

What's real funny about this one is, as I upload this screenshot the captcha says

"What does a vegetarian eat?" and gives me these options:

Hamburgers, Fries, Soylent Green, Carrots

Wondering if I should make a soylent green can now...

Edited by Elvaron
  • Like 3