Sign in to follow this  
martink8190@gmail.com

Really?? You have no idea how pissed I am

Waiting for the stand alone atm, probably as most but seeing as it's still nowhere close I reinstalled dayz and arma 2 but I think I now remember why I stopped playing...

spent whole goddamn day finding parts for ATV and when I was about to take off a zombie came out of nowhere and I hit it but not overrun and....ATV is fucking flipped.

So really?? That's it? no unflip option? Have I just lost my ATV due to this bullshit?

Edited by Colonel-Wicked
  • Like 1

Waiting for the stand alone atm, probably as most but seeing as it's still nowhere close I reinstalled dayz and arma 2 but I think I now remember why I stopped playing...

spent whole goddamn day finding parts for ATV and when I was about to take off a zombie came out of nowhere and I hit it but not overrun and....ATV is fucking flipped.

So really?? That's it? no unflip option? Have I just lost my ATV due to this bullshit?

Chill the duck out... The unflip option will be in the next update.

Edited by Heketzu

Vehicles usually get you killed anyway.

Avoid running over Zombies.

EDIT...That sounded more harsh than I meant it. It does suck your ATV got overturned.

Edited by Phooey

ATVs... hate them. Train tracks, tree roots, bridges... the things are a death trap.

ArmA 2 has a lot of physics problems... in other game modes I've lost TANKS because I've hit tiny rocks which has sent me flying in loops through the air...

• Like 4

If you stayed on the ATV, you could have turned your wheels towards the sky and reversed and it would unflip after a minute or so. Otherwise you are going to have to wait for the next server restart.

• Like 4

UMAD

Don't be sad, be Glad. you could of crashed into a tree and killed yourself :P

I put tractors on the same level. Had one randomly explode on flat road with no obstructions. Riding along then boom. Some vehicles only exist to piss you off I think.

While it is exceedingly annoying that ATV's flip so easily it pretty easy to right them again if you don't make the mistake of jumping off. There's a bit of a knack to it but basically you just alternate forward and reverse while turning the wheels full lock and it will flip back over. I can usually right one within a minute and have managed to pull it off with broken legs and before bleeding out. In the absence of a game mechanic to solve the problem try looking up a few vids on how to right an ATV. And damn you Smasht_AU for stealing my thunder. :ph34r:

ATVs... hate them. Train tracks, tree roots, bridges... the things are a death trap.

ArmA 2 has a lot of physics problems... in other game modes I've lost TANKS because I've hit tiny rocks which has sent me flying in loops through the air...

You have no idea how much I loled over this .

• Like 1

The secret to driving an ATV is never to press turbo button (E), except when on mainroads.

I find it to be the best vehicle in the game, especially right after server-restarts.

That's definitely not cool, OP and I understand your frustration. For me, the black SUV is one of the deadliest vehicles in game as I always flip them in small ditches.

Oh god that sounds funny as hell

Ahhh... Good ol DayZ at it's finest;)

Have plenty of similar experiences with the ATV, even when I find them completely repaired I know it will be sheer luck to go farther than 1000 meters before it flips. If you are able to park one on the coast next to a train track (big if) you can leave it there and grief other players who will undoubtedly get on and instantly flip the thing.

Don't be such a drama queen

You have no idea how much I loled over this .
Oh god that sounds funny as hell

Let me expand... all tanks were lost in Wasteland.

First time: playing as an Independent, I managed to score a T-34 and started driving towards Elektro. On the beach in front of Pik Kozlova I spot an enemy player trying to load weapons crates into his Land Rover, so I load High Explosive shells, boom his Land Rover, destroy the crates and start firing at him with a machine gun. He hides behind a bush so I decide to run him over, when "clink", I hit a rock and my tank bounces, once, twice, thrice, and SHOOP, it does a backflip and lands 20m away upside down, where I'm forced to get out and am immediately shot.

Second time: got lucky and got a T-55 outside of Zelenogorsk before anyone could get to it. I start driving away to the gas station and within 2 minutes of scoring my tank, SHOOP, hit a rock at medium speed, end up flipped on my back and shot full of holes.

Third time: managed to get a T-90 with another guy, he kills a few enemies with the .50 (idiots pursued a damn tank with their ATVs) and we head to our base when I see a rock on the path and try to avoid it, but nope, bing, bing, boom, tank's upside down, several guys come and try to right it but no dice.

I'm not even talking small flips, I'm talking triple 720 backflips.

So ya, I hate ArmA vehicle physics too.

Edited by Gews

If you hit a person in real life with an ATV it would most likely flip it, or atleast throw you off you off it. Be happy you didn't die.