Gyallarhorn

Why banditing?

"Maybe I just like winning"... Mate, I doubt you have ever won... anything!

Ending a response with scathing comments about someone's skills.

r8sl1.gif Got plans for a flamewar?

Edited by misterwit

I prefer to kill those without a microphone, or those that have long hairs or black characters as they are not required in the new order.

Hello!

There is something that bothers me. No, not what you thougt. It's not you bandits. It's the question why people decide to be bandits. From the "How I became a bandit" thread I read some storys where people just were out to kill other players. But I don't understand why? If you are here for the kills, why don't you play something else? Some Game that is about fighting other players.

In DayZ you barely encounter other players, if you're not roaming Cherno or Elektro, and most of the Players you encounter are coming freshly from the spawnpoints. Most do not have gear worth even the ammunition, so there is no reward. Not even a fight since most times it works with killing someone from a hiding place that haven't even noticed you are there.

When I heard of this game I thought it was about surviving the zombie apocalypse, not about some strange war between mad gunslingers. I heard something like " you can never know wether someone betrays you or not". Well... I wasn't betrayed ever. Every Player I spot seems to just kill on sight. No matter the attracted Zombies or that I even look like I have something useful for them. I was even shot shortly after respawning, carrying no gun and having only my coyote backpack. And that kill is the only one that ever bothered me because that just didn't make any sense at all.

So please answer my question so I can finally rest. Why playing DayZ when it only seems to be about the kills?

When I first started playing dayz I was a normal bambi just like everyone else, until I was butchered over and over again by other players, even survivors that didn't have a bandit skin would murder me or try to steal my stuff, after awhile I just decided to start murdering everyone I saw and eventually my karma ended up at around -1.5 mil but a bit before that around -900k I joined a good clan and we would all murder people with our choppers and do drive bys almost everyday. It's alot more thrilling to kill a real player than killing a glitched out zombie.

Not....really. At all. I don't actually know anyone who plays this game as non-bandit, and none of the people I know who play this game are console gamers. I think you have confused console gamers with players who make intelligent choices. You seem to think that your e-honor style of play is fun. Cool, enjoy it. However, it isn't a logical approach to DayZ at all, and so you should hardly be surprised when the rest of us take advantage of your idiocy.

(I call you an idiot for not understanding that there is always a reason to KOS.)

yeah, give me some good reasons to kill unarmed people, or people that just ignore you and keep in their business.

Nobody. I've been playing MMOs for the last decade and a half, the archtypes that are playing out in this thread are nothing new, despite what you all seem to think. Most people tend to play MMOs with a 'if its red (ie not implicitly friendly) its dead' attitude, and then there is the very vocal forum minority who whine and scream about how everyone kills them. This is a game. Dying is part of this game. I derive satisfaction from being hard to kill and good at killing, if you get it from teaming up with or helping strangers, you've missed your path in life. Go out into the real world and help people there. Nobody cares about how you administered a blood bag to a stranger or decided not to shoot a bambi, however, you make a youtube video about killing or robbing other players and you'll get hits. We don't play violent video games to be nice, if you do, you are weird. Trying to convince the rest of us that your bizarre way of playing the game is the only RIGHTEOUS AND HONORABLE way to play is just silly. Go lose 4 hours of work to a bambi with a makarov and a mic who can say the word 'friendly' long enough to keep you guessing. I hope he enjoys your stuff.

Another thing I would like to note: You choose to get angry about dying in a video game. I just spawned 10 minutes ago with nothing on the coast, when I logged out last, I had a DMR/Mk.48/M9SD along with every other thing I could want. I didn't die, the game just decided to reset everything regarding me (my bandit hood! :( ), but ya know what? I get to enjoy gearing up again. If I die its the same thing. If getting killed bothers you, this really isn't your game. (Don't give me any shit about it not bothering you either, if it didn't, you wouldn't have moral qualms with killing other players on sight, as you would understand that it doesn't matter to reasonable people.) This game is about patience. If you don't have it, get the fuck out. Twelve-year-old. Or don't, I like having a deeper understanding of the games I play than my opposition. Maybe I just like winning.

That's exactly the freaking opposite of what the game should mean. It's about survival, NOT KILLING EVERYTHING THAT MOVES JUST FOR THE LULZ, DAMN.

You should be afraid of death, you shouldnt pick a fight with everyone who crosses your path, in a apocalipse like it's suggested on the game, you would actually want to build up a team to survive better.

People like you that think dying is just a "patience" matter, are the ones that screw the game, fuck up the immersion and bring the bad reputation to servers.

But this freaking mod is already totally flooded with cod kiddies, a quick look on what servers are the most poppulated tells you everything you need to know.

i really hope the standalone to be FREAKING HARDCORE hard, at the point that you should me more affraid of zombies than of people, with weapons spawns extremely rare and NO SERVER CUSTOMIZATION SUPPORT, FFS, no more [1000 cars, spawn with NVG+GPS+WEAPON]. Then the kiddies would ragequit after dying repeatedly and would clean the game of their cancerous presence.

Edited by lipemr

good reason to kill unarmed bambi they find gun and shoot u in the back or find a hatchet and slice and dice u

Being a bandit isn't about killing fresh spawns, those sissies: A) Take a whole mag and almost die trying to kill someone with a hatchet; B) Are often rude, trolling, backstabbing, assholes; C) cannot shoot or lie to save their lives.

I have chosen to be a hero once, and a bandit numerous times. The play style of a bandit, a real bandit, has to have some sort of code for doing things. I never shoot fresh spawns, I do not shoot everyone, and I do actually play the game. I don't just hunt others, and I will help the ocassional person, particularly bambis that are getting killed/attacked. Too frequent are the bambi killers and drunken snipers. Right now I have -20k humanity, fully geared, and just killed some poor sap at Balota holding an AK trying to sneak up on me while I was messing with a group of 4 bandits by throwing flares at them in broad daylight from 100m away (LOL); shot em' in the forehead from 50m away with G36C while he peeked from behind a tree to take me out.

I choose to be a bandit because, honestly you cannot trust anyone in this game, not even heros, and I play solo. When you lone wolf it, you tend to be much more careful, and will shoot on sight.

yeah, give me some good reasons to kill unarmed people, or people that just ignore you and keep in their business.

That's exactly the freaking opposite of what the game should mean. It's about survival, NOT KILLING EVERYTHING THAT MOVES JUST FOR THE LULZ, DAMN.

You should be afraid of death, you shouldnt pick a fight with everyone who crosses your path, in a apocalipse like it's suggested on the game, you would actually want to build up a team to survive better.

People like you that think dying is just a "patience" matter, are the ones that screw the game, fuck up the immersion and bring the bad reputation to servers.

But this freaking mod is already totally flooded with cod kiddies, a quick look on what servers are the most poppulated tells you everything you need to know.

i really hope the standalone to be FREAKING HARDCORE hard, at the point that you should me more affraid of zombies than of people, with weapons spawns extremely rare and NO SERVER CUSTOMIZATION SUPPORT, FFS, no more [1000 cars, spawn with NVG+GPS+WEAPON]. Then the kiddies would ragequit after dying repeatedly and would clean the game of their cancerous presence.

Get where you're coming from, no idea where the hell you're going.

No way standalone will have extreme rare weapons, not a chance. They also won't OP zeds. DayZ is a survival sim, survival involving zeds AND other players. If you have a problem with CoD kiddies, then don't play lol. I say it's just another person I can get away from.

No, there isn't a nessicary reason to S.O.S, but you think in a real life SHTF/WROL/Zombie Apocalypse that people wouldn't shoot on sight? If you do, then you're dreaming man. Not everyone want's a team holding them back, making them do what the team decides to do. You need to wake up dude.

P.S, I don't S.O.S, unless that person has something I want, or gets too close.

Why am I banditing? Because someone stole my car and half my guns. I will kill anyone I see until I get it back. Another good reason why people bandit.

Hell yes my man, you got my beans. Some bambi stole my UAZ with a M16 M203, 5 HE rounds, and 2 G17s in it while I was killing aggro'ed zeds to refuel in Kamenka two days ago. I hunted his ass from Kamenka to Elektro where he ran out of gas, with a DMR. Ended up turning into a warzone beacause he had met up with his little buddies. Sucks for them that an AK can't reach 650m out, lol. Needless to say, one of the little butthurtee's was obviously a script kiddie, because I suddenly stood up and broke into a little jig before being shot with an AS50 in the back of the head.

So you might as well just hack then If "trolling" is the reason you play the game.

Because that's cheating.

It's not cheating to shoot you in the legs and laugh at you.

Because bambies do things that make me want to shoot them, like:

-Not getting the fuck off of sidechat.

-Asking really dumb questions like "who shot me?"

-Saying they're friendly and then taking all the loot.

-Sitting in open fields wondering to themselves why people who have nothing but a backpack full of food and bullets want to use their food and bullets.

A hatchet is all you need to fight zombies. If you're carrying anything else, you're obviously at least partly expecting a fight with a sentient being. Don't bullshit yourself, after you play bambi-taxi for three hours DayZ gets boring without any pvp.

so true...

well when you have a 15 day long character going, you kinda get bored of looting the NWAF for the 100th time just for another stanag clip. so when you have the best gear in the game you might as well share your loot with all of the server's population by pointing it at there face and firing repeatedly until they have no face to point at.

Oh, I forgot one thing : 95% of bandits are immature little kids.

please explain how when someone is a bandit you can already give a percent chance that they're an "immature little kid"

The scarf.

No, seriously though, I don't know. I don't find any interest in being a bandit. Killing noobs / fresh spawned people, I mean, what's the point ?

Sharing stuff with other survivors is way more interesting and entertaining.

You seem to forget that a lot of bandits, like myself, do not do this crap.

BTW, why have that signature if you do not bandit? I am honestly just wondering.

What if I was a bandit and had the signature: "Thou shalt not murder"?

Food for thought.

• Like 1

I like your sig.

See a Bandit, shoot a bandit. See a hero, shoot a hero. See a survivor, shoot a survivor. See a bambi, leave him the hell alone.

Fear and control.

You see a guy running passed, he only has an axe and he seems friendly enough now, of course, why wouldn't he? You're in a group and have a 3 big guns pointed at him.

But what happens when he finds an Enfield in the barn around the corner, maybe he'll fancy a cheeky pop, it's taken you about 2 hours to finally group up and get some decent gear together, is it worth risking letting him go?

Better execute him now while we have the chance.

Fear and control.

You see a guy running passed, he only has an axe and he seems friendly enough now, of course, why wouldn't he? You're in a group and have a 3 big guns pointed at him.

But what happens when he finds an Enfield in the barn around the corner, maybe he'll fancy a cheeky pop, it's taken you about 2 hours to finally group up and get some decent gear together, is it worth risking letting him go?

Better execute him now while we have the chance.

exactly

Bandits dont always win. Heres my expeerience where the bandit got the surprise attack and I won.

I had Camo clothing, M4A1, and about 20 mags for it. My friend had camo clothing, M4A1 W/ a scope, and a lot of mags too. And Misc. gear like NVG's, and other stuff.

So to make a long pre story short, I helped out a old friend, named Wolf, got him a car, and we frove towards NWAF. I was in my tan off road jeep, while he tailed me in his UAZ. We were just north of Cherno. Since Im first, we go up a small hill going about 70 MPH, when I get to the top, another off road roars right by our cars...Weird when you nearly get in a head on collision when their are 6 others on the server. Anyway we just keep driving. Then disaster strikes. Wolf types out, "Sturkid (thats me), my tire is down come pick me up" so I did. He get in. I typed out "I have 2 wheels in the back, get out and repair the tire.".Then he replied "Sniper"..I drove madly. But then 30 seconds later, my tire is shot out and we dart towards the nearby woods about 100m away. We make it into the woods and run for about 2 minutes. We then decide we cant leave all of our stuff behind. We crawl back up. Slowly. We see our my car about 75m away. We also see a barn to the west about 100m away. We decide to check it out. I say "Wolf, Ill take the left side, you take the right". But before we entered the barn, we saw a dead zed body laying dead half inside and half inside the barn. But we clear the barn and its all empty...Wolf heads back to my car to fix it up and I go South to check out a non interable house barn looking building. I get there and crouch down. Nothing. Then BOOM a pop of a DMR...My screen blinks black and white quickly, but I lose little blood and Im ok. I run straight to the barn and Wolf does too. By the time Wolf enters the barn, Im still 50m away. When I enter the barn, Wolf isnt there. Then I hear the Pop Pop Pop of his M4 about 10 times. By the time I locate the direction of the fireing, I see a death message come up...I didnt want to look at it, but IM glad I did. Wolf killed the SOB. Close call.

So that sniper had the jump on us, we didnt know where he is, he so couldve killed me that one time very easily, but we still found and killed that bandit.

Game is converting into DM, because it lost something like... reason why you don't need to kill. Now every person in Dayz wants kills even if they don't need any loot. They just leave the body for victim, so victim can loot it up again. Some of them hide bodies, but they're just hate Dayz, hate players, people and they have bad marks at school. The only reason not to kill is to give/take blood transfusions and that's all. SO if server is full with people with 12k blood, then... other players look only like potential stealers of your loot. Anyway, wouldn't you defend yourself from raged CoDer?

I still try my best to negotiate and help whoever I am about to come into a confrontation with, and you know what's crazy? it usually works out, apart from the occasional douche. Maybe you guys just need to be more persuasive. ^_^

I still try my best to negotiate and help whoever I am about to come into a confrontation with, and you know what's crazy? it usually works out, apart from the occasional douche. Maybe you guys just need to be more persuasive. ^_^

It's not about persuasion or avoiding conflict.

Call me a CoD deathmatcher if you will (I've never played CoD), but sometimes I just want to get some freakin' kills at any cost! I don't even care about their loot, I just want their beans. The metaphorical type.

Shooting armed people makes me feel like this:

no5GC3c.gif

(That's the Canadian bandit victory dance. See the headscarf? Whoo-yah!)

• Like 1

It's not about persuasion or avoiding conflict.

Call me a CoD deathmatcher if you will (I've never played CoD), but sometimes I just want to get some freakin' kills at any cost! I don't even care about their loot, I just want their beans. The metaphorical type.

Shooting armed people makes me feel like this:

no5GC3c.gif

(That's the Canadian bandit victory dance. See the headscarf? Whoo-yah!)

And that is why we call you a CoD deathmatcher, you turn a survival game into a deathmatch.

And that is why we call you a CoD deathmatcher, you turn a survival game into a deathmatch.

Rocket said we can play it the way we want to, so I don't really care. Why would anyone need a Mk.48 Mod 0 for zombies?

Also I play survival, I stay alone in the woods 90% of the time, away from folks. :ph34r: If I see anybody I will probably hunt them down or shoot at them, depending. I don't go to Elektro and shoot everyone running to the powerstation, I'm a Northern dweller.

Stop cramping my playstyle, I'mma tell Big Macintosh on you!

Edited by Gews